Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegoldencap
Stranger
 User Gallery
looking for san pedro
    #4705772 - 09/24/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I am looking for some dank san pedro cactus. I know many places sell it online but I don't know which sites have strong san pedros. I purchased a six inch cutting from bouncing bear botanicles that had no effect. Does anyone know of any credible sites. Thanks for any replies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

Loc: Pacific Northwest USA
Re: looking for san pedro [Re: goldencap]
    #4705786 - 09/24/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Roll the dice , what you get is what you get :smile: -Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

OfflineRussianCelery
Stranger
Re: looking for san pedro [Re: Tranceharper]
    #4706040 - 09/24/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

All the dosing of San pedro I have read indicate that 6" is WAY too small of a dose to really get a good experience. Most people reccomend at least 10", 12" being a preferable amount.

Granted I haven't experienced the magic in the catus, but my understanding is that the whole of the experience is very mellow, and the come up time is slow. Quite the different experience if one is used to shrooms or LSD.

Good luck on the eye candy.

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4706237 - 09/24/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Is it just me, or does the word "dank" get thrown around like so much confetti?

Edited by e-chode (09/24/05 05:18 PM)

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #4706432 - 09/24/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

a newbie extraction from 12" of san pedro from bouncing bear got me nicely buzzed... but there was little if any psychedellic effects. No visuals, just relaxation and happiness, and a strong time dilation. Tea is f***ing nasty though. Imagine pouring yourself a glass of fresh horse piss, looking at the bottle and thinking, "yeah, I've got to drink all of that... if I stop early, it's a waste of what I allready drank". You'll want to chase it with something RIGHT AFTER each swig, if you can get it in before the aftertaste kicks in that's even better. I recommend ginger ale, as ginger prevents nausea to some degree, and it negates the flavor well.

If you've never done it before, work with 10"-12" and slowly move up to 14" or 16", maybe even 18".

I enjoyed my 12" dose yesterday. I plan on trying 14" next time, but prepared more thoroughly for a better yield as well.

As for where to find it... eBay can't be beat for prices. Unless you find it in a local store, saves a bunch on shipping. Do NOT buy dried cactus in any form. It is technically quite illegal to posess, unlike the live cactus. It also has the effect of expediting the possible process of banning the live cactus. Quality of potency cannot really be standardized nor guaranteed, it's up to the cactus really. If it wants to get you very strongly dosed, it will... just ask nicely

Edited by Konnrade (09/24/05 05:56 PM)

Offlinegoldencap
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: looking for san pedro [Re: Konnrade]
    #4706534 - 09/24/05 06:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the info. I actually just got three 12 inch cuttings today in the mail. I guess I'll just eat a lot more, like 16 inches or so.

OfflineRussianCelery
Stranger
    #4706748 - 09/24/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Also, careful with the temp in which you reduce the tea... heat decomposes mesculine! Not at the rate the sweet stuff in shrooms decomposes at; but nonetheless simmer but don't boil.

If you dry the catus avoid exposing it to light. Use proper procedures, freeze the cactus before you extract to break down the cell walls, then grind the cactus up in a food processer not a coffee grinder. 12" when handled properly should be more than enough. This is why some guys when doing an ethanol extract are flying on a lot less cactus than guys making the tea.

Shulgen reccomends consuming mesculine over an extended period of time to avoid nausea. Also, if you boil the tea down, you could try freezing it again in a small ice cube tray and swallowing the cubes over some time.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: looking for san pedro [Re: RussianCelery]
    #4706899 - 09/24/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i'm not saying not to excercise caution, but mescaline is a fucking strong chemical. In peru, it would've been cooked for roughly 24 hours before being prepared. (No blenders, of course). Don't hold back cooking it, but obviously don't obliterate the stuff. Light too shouldn't be a problem if you don't toast it. Remember, these are desert cacti.

12" is probably never more than enough (how much is too much? Probably well over 500mg). How well you extract will have a lot to do with it, but an ethanol extraction (or even full out a/b) has potential to lose a lot of mesc. Cooking can work quite well. One high risk *it* carries of losing mescaline occurs shortly after or while drinking it though :smile: But 12" can certainly be enough. Theres no way to tell the potency of the cactus though. There are far too many factors to consider. One vendor might have good ones at one point, and next month not so hot. (I've heard the BBB torches are kk242, avoid).

As far as the 6" one goes... I haven't seen the 6" cuttings from BBB, but perhaps they're grown from seed? 6" even from an *old* cutting would be hardly enough to notice.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinegoldencap
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: looking for san pedro [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4706951 - 09/24/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

sorry, but what does kk242 mean? The way I prepared the six inch cutting was de-spining it and then cutting it into smaller pieces then blending and drinking. no effect. very nasty and very disappointing.

Edited by goldencap (09/24/05 08:29 PM)

OfflineRussianCelery
Stranger
    #4706977 - 09/24/05 08:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ohh by all means, heat isn't going to completely destroy the mescaline; However, if you seemingly have been having weak experiences it could be chalked up to a couple of different things.

1. Natural body tolerence to mescaline - can't do much for this but raise the dose

2. Puking before absorbing enough - Try dried cactus in capsules or an extract

3. Weak cactus - It can happen there are varible amounts of mescaline in different cacti, and the possiblity remains that you can get a weak one.

4. Improper preparation - Acidfying the water a proper amount, and the right temp play big roles in this. A gas stove can be much hotter than a wood fire... its pretty basic, don't turn the stove on high the entire time and expect to get as high as possible. I am not saying, don't ultilize the heat, but if you are reducing the tea, extending the time and lowering the temp can't hurt....

As far as extractions... freeze thaw, freeze thaw.... and make sure to have the ethanol (or other polar solvent) extract multiple times. With longer and longer times for each extraction. First time leave it for a couple of days, second time 2 weeks, next time a month. All the while keeping the cacti in process out of the heat and light. Ideally if you can get a good extraction without excessive heat... then you'll probably have less nausea (potentially less nasties) and potentially less loss of alkolids due to excessive enviromental conditions.

But figure out the way that works the best for you, some people eat the volume of the cactus raw... different spokes for different folks.

OfflineDLittle
Lurker, mostly
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost in CA
Re: looking for san pedro [Re: RussianCelery]
    #4710620 - 09/25/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Everytime I have used san pedro I have been able to find it a target or home depot, so you could give that a try. I tried the ethanol extract yesterday and I will never make that nasty tea again. I got a stronger trip (defininate visuals), less nausea and there was much less to consume. And the extraction was really half assed, I didnt freeze the cactus, didnt soak near as long as others have recomended and didnt totally evaporate the final product(I doubt that had any affect on the potency)
Check out the last post by Ekstaza

--------------------
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to also." Mitch Hedburg

"Keep on dreamin', cuz when you stop dreamin' it's time to die" Blind Melon

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: looking for san pedro [Re: DLittle]
    #4710650 - 09/25/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Eat the cacti and but it from a soarce of the internet. Like some peruvian dealer or something. Its easy to get. Also in addition to eating the green part hole, boil the skins and core into a refined tea. With good cactus from peru, 12 inches is often one good medium trip if you do it this way. My friend took the same cacti I used, extracted the mesc. from the green part, and got some shitty results. Compared to what me and my good friends experienced, it was three times less potent

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4710725 - 09/25/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you're a newbie, I'd really just recommend MJ's tek on this, it even has illustrations.

I recommend you should start at a "buzz" dose, so you can get familiar with any negative effects before you dive right into a "trip" dose, wherein the uncertainty mixed with the suggestible nature of your mind at that point could bug you and drag the experience down.

The cactus tea is not impossible to keep down. Once the flavor is gone, you're on cruise control. Just use an anti-nausea treatment of some kind (ginger ale is a good healthy option, maybe a hit of marijuana) so you dont even need to worry about barfing. I was high before I drank my tea, and as we all know marijuana intensifies perception of taste. I still managed to choke it down, although the last gulp I gagged on a bit.

as for Bouncing Bear... their cacti is what I just used... it worked, trust me. Look at garden centers at local stores first though. Ask specifically for Trichocereus Pachanoi. Don't bother looking for Trichocereus Peruvianus at a local store though, they are far less common. Whereas you may pay $40 for two 12" cuttings, plus 5-10 dollars shipping, online... at Target I have found a 20" and a 25" cactus in the same pot for $30. That leaves you enough to take a hefty dose from a cutting, and yet still take the tips off to plant them, AND leave the base with roots to grow back. Although it might be a good idea to care for them for at least half a growing season, since storebought plants can often be weak, both physically and chemically.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4710749 - 09/25/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There aint nothing like just eating the green part. Thats a fact, and it works well. The tea can be made into a hell of a concentrated substance also, though I never got the same effects from it.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: looking for san pedro [Re: stemmer]
    #4711545 - 09/25/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Some day I'll need to try that, just for the hell of it... mmm.. green flesh.

As far as bouncing bear goes, I've gotten plenty of great things from them in the past, including pedro. One cutting I had sitting around for 10+ months. Only 12 inches but without a doubt more powerful than 19 inches of highly stressed material I'd had before.

But also, I've gotten totally different pachanoi from them. Skinny, not too bitter, and not really effective. One of them exploded into black mush one week after recieving. All the first ones I had looked like standard backberg clones, but this looked... different. I was excited too as they were rooted.

In addition to this, I've seen a number of their peruvianus identified as the weak kk242 strain, as I mentioned in another thread. Where I'm from, most stores don't have pachanoi. But I have seen some that look simillar. I'm simply not qualified for the tough ID. Curious as to the potency of a commercial outlet's cactus though. I'd also worry of pesticides and such. Most likely would go straight in the ground.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4711891 - 09/25/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

oh, that's a good point, I hadn't thought of that... you probably should be wary of the possibility of pesticides if bought from a store. Then again, you should probably be sure to mildly wash off the skin of any cutting you prepare that you purchased. Pesticides are worth the little extra effort to avoid.

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4711934 - 09/25/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Store bought is mass shipped, and not meant to be eaten. (Bad growing in previous years), they still grow though.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: looking for san pedro [Re: stemmer]
    #4712013 - 09/25/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If it's treated with pesticides, merely washing the skin off will *not* be enough. If you want to take your chances, thats your decision. From the cacti I've seen at stores such as Home Depot, they're all generally pretty small. Much smaller than I'd consider eating.

Besides, it's already rooted and potted. *Grow* the thing! Grow it until it's tall, take cuttings, aquire seeds one day, grow those.

--------------------

Offlinegoldencap
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4717475 - 09/26/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What is the highest temperature you can boil the cactus at without destroying the mescaline?

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4717578 - 09/26/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

mescaline I think is destroyed at slightly above 300 degrees Fahrenheit, but I don't remember my source for that information so take it with a grain of salt.

A normal water solution of course does not reach that temperature, but as it thickens down the boiling point rises and you may reach temps wherein the mescaline and alkaloids will be destroyed. Also, don't forget about those alkaloids! Pure mescaline is not the same as a cactus tea, the alkaloids change things up, and many people claim that they make it more pleasant, and less harsh.

I'd recommend simmering instead of boiling, what you lose in time is compensated for by insuring the wellbeing of your batch. A low boil is good too though. Just pay close attention in the later stages where the solution is saturated and boiling temp is very high.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules