Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Girl, 17, wounded in drug bust dies
    #4706515 - 09/24/05 08:14 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/11256925p-12006952c.html

Girl, 17, wounded in drug bust dies

Boyfriend is in critical condition at UMC.

By Marc Benjamin, Tim Eberly and Louis Galvan / The Fresno Bee

(Updated Friday, September 23, 2005, 6:16 AM)

Katrina Campos, 17, was an outgoing tomboy who helped homeless people, but she also was dealing drugs, police say, and that's how she was fatally wounded Tuesday night.

Katrina was shot by police during a drug bust Tuesday and died Wednesday night. The bullet pierced her brain above her ear, family members said. Her boyfriend, John Ibarra, 29, remained in critical condition Thursday at University Medical Center.

Ibarra now faces a count of murder because Katrina died while he was committing a felony. Police say she was in his car when he tried to ram police officers while trying to escape as officers moved in on a drug transaction on Jensen Avenue near Highway99.

About the same time as Katrina's death, about 10 to 15 distraught family members were at UMC saying they would seek revenge on Ibarra. It prompted a call to Fresno County Jail's special emergency response team.

Additional sheriff's staffing remains on duty at UMC, said Lt. Fernando Lopez.

Ibarra also will face three counts of assault on a peace officer with great bodily injury, resisting arrest and possession and sales of methamphetamine.

Katrina's mother, Lisa Ramirez, 36, said Katrina was her only child who didn't attend school and was a gang member. She described her daughter as a San Francisco 49ers fan and a tomboy with a kind heart.

Katrina would often give money to homeless people or buy them food.

Said Ramirez: "She would say, 'Mom, one of these days we could be like that. They could be angels. God could be testing us.'"

Ramirez said Katrina was gifted at arguing and she encouraged her daughter to become a lawyer.

But she did have a juvenile criminal record, which began when she was 12 years old and went joy riding in her aunt's car, Ramirez said. Her probation ended in July.

Police said Ibarra has an extensive violent-criminal history. Ramirez described him as Katrina's new boyfriend and said they had been dating for three weeks. Ibarra recently proposed marriage to her daughter and gave her a ring, Ramirez said. Thursday, Ramirez was wearing the ring that was removed from her daughter's hand.

Ramirez did not know the couple were dealing drugs.

"She was very private. She did not let us get involved in her business. I had no idea she was doing stuff like that. She never got a drug charge. She didn't even like to drink."

The last time Ramirez spoke with Katrina was 90 minutes before the shooting, when Katrina said she was going to a baby shower.

"How she ended up at the McDonald's, I have no idea," Ramirez said.

But Ramirez remains upset at police and at Ibarra.

"They should have tried to get [Ibarra] when he was by himself, not when someone was in the car. All I know is I'm angry and I want it investigated. I want answers for all the stuff that happened. I am going to get a lawyer."

She understands that Ibarra placed her daughter in harm's way.

"If he could hear me, I would have it out with him. I'm angry at him for driving the car at them and putting her in that situation."

Katrina's family doesn't have money for a funeral, so they are holding car washes to raise money. One will be Saturday near Roeding Park.

Police said the drug deal began unfolding about 3 p.m. Tuesday when officers met with a man named "John," who told an undercover officer he could get seven pounds of crystal methamphetamine and cocaine. The officer agreed to purchase methamphetamine and cocaine later that day.

About 6:30 p.m., the undercover officer began discussing a site to meet with John and a female, believed to be Katrina, by cell phone. Katrina was instrumental in the transaction and in arranging the meeting at a McDonald's restaurant, said Lt. Randy Dobbins, who described what happened next:

Katrina and Ibarra arrived at the restaurant about 8 p.m. Tuesday to deliver three pounds of methamphetamine to an undercover officer. Officers met with Ibarra and Katrina and the couple showed the officer a pound of methamphetamine.

Uniformed officers wearing vests marked with Fresno Police Department patches converged on the car and ordered the two to surrender. Ibarra saw officers on both sides of the car and acknowledged them before shifting his car in reverse and moving away at a high speed.

Police reports said that three unmarked police cars were struck as he accelerated. One officer was pinned between the rear bumper of Ibarra's car and the driver's side door of an unmarked cruiser. Other officers dived out of the way. Fearing they would be run over, three officers fired their handguns while avoiding the car until it stopped.

Two officers were taken to Saint Agnes Medical Center. Both were released Wednesday. The officers who fired weapons are on paid administrative leave.

Three pounds of methamphetamine with a street value of $90,000 was recovered from Ibarra's car, police said.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAndroctonus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: L.I.S.
Re: Girl, 17, wounded in drug bust dies [Re: motaman]
    #4706795 - 09/24/05 09:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

That's just typical of the police to charge someone of a murder that they committed.

--------------------
The red grass, up to my knees
An aura comes towards me

Someone's changed the formula
Un-chaining another law

The structures, the colors
Uniform chaos is alternating

The nature of things

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Girl, 17, wounded in drug bust dies [Re: Androctonus]
    #4707841 - 09/25/05 01:57 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Katrina was shot by police during a drug bust Tuesday and died Wednesday night. The bullet pierced her brain above her ear,

Quote:

Ibarra now faces a count of murder because Katrina died while he was committing a felony.

:what:

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #4708422 - 09/25/05 04:49 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
Katrina's mother, Lisa Ramirez, 36, said Katrina was her only child who didn't attend school and was a gang member. She described her daughter as a San Francisco 49ers fan and a tomboy with a kind heart.

Said Ramirez: "She would say, 'Mom, one of these days we could be like that. They could be angels. God could be testing us.'"

What the hell is going on here?

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Girl, 17, wounded in drug bust dies [Re: Androctonus]
    #4713094 - 09/26/05 09:41 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Androctonus said:
That's just typical of the police to charge someone of a murder that they committed.

Jesus christ thats absolutely ridiculous.

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: Girl, 17, wounded in drug bust dies [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #4722941 - 09/28/05 12:32 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

wtf, her boyfriend was 29?

--------------------

OfflineRydrallen
Kitchen Chemist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Secret Base
    #11813185 - 01/12/10 07:48 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:

Some irony here, i believe, that christianity is the reason drugs are even illegal. Talk about being run over by an ambulance :frown: i hate cops.

Also. First post. Hi folks! =]

--------------------
My happiest thought, which allows me to fly,
Is of Tinkerbell naked and sucking me dry
My First Grow

Offlinesmokescreen
80's Transformer
Male User Gallery

Loc: north carolina
Re: Girl, 17, wounded in drug bust dies [Re: Rydrallen]
    #11813478 - 01/12/10 10:11 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

:dudewtf:  Talk about gettin fucked by the pigs!

--------------------
:ganja: "Let's get together and feel alright" :ganja:                  :cubie: :mushroom2::tripping:

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #11813511 - 01/12/10 10:27 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Katrina Campos, 17, was an outgoing tomboy who helped homeless people, but she also was dealing drugs, police say, and that's how she was fatally wounded Tuesday night.

This line stands out for me.  The police admit she was a young helpful teen but just because she dealt drugs she deserves death. 

This is just fucked up.  I hope those cops have a very hard life filled with guilt until they die

Offlinetrue
story
Loc: Humboldt county
    #11813721 - 01/12/10 11:25 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

damn popped her in the skullcap and

a little excessive

--------------------
zero content is the goal

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #11813888 - 01/12/10 11:56 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

In order to save her, we had to kill her.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #11814509 - 01/12/10 02:08 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/18/10 11:42 PM)

InvisibleAnastomosisJihad
Hominid
Male

Loc: Ohio
    #11814539 - 01/12/10 02:17 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I'm finding it difficult to come up with a sufficiently strong condemnation for this Ibarra douchebag. 

He's 29 and fucking a 17 year old girl.

He's moving weight to people he does not know.

He's selling meth -fuck meth!

Say whatever you want about cops, they are people just like you and me. They suffer and bleed just like we do. Cops do not make the laws; we the people pay them to enforce the laws we approve. These guys were just trying to do their job. Some fucktard methhead tries to run them over and pins one between his bumper and another car before they start shooting. It sounds like they were trying to save their buddy's life.

That Katrina was shot is a great tragedy. One hopes it was accidental. Maybe she got hit while they were trying to shoot him. The guy with his foot on the accelerator while a cop was pinned under his bumper most certainly deserved to be shot. 

All that said, asserting that Ibarra murdered Katrina is ridiculous. Child endangerment yes, but Katrina was killed by the police. The cop who shot her is the ultimately cause of her death.

--------------------
come together

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
. [Re: AnastomosisJihad]
    #11814552 - 01/12/10 02:20 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/18/10 11:40 PM)

InvisibleAnastomosisJihad
Hominid
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Girl, 17, wounded in drug bust dies [Re: oxalic32]
    #11814613 - 01/12/10 02:31 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Child endangerment resulting in death. Attempted murder of a police officer. Trafficking in multiple pounds of meth... the guy is guilty, and if he lives he should get the chair. 

My objection to the murder charge is purely logical.

--------------------
come together

Offlinebluecurry
Dragons don't
Male User Gallery

Loc: half past purple, between... Flag
Re: Girl, 17, wounded in drug bust dies [Re: AnastomosisJihad]
    #11814981 - 01/12/10 03:34 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Not to derail or go off-topic too much, but am I the only one who notices that the majority of Christian charity is spurred on by this concept of judgement?

Isn't it possible to do something altruistic, for the sake of doing something nice for a fellow human being?

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Girl, 17, wounded in drug bust dies [Re: AnastomosisJihad]
    #11815254 - 01/12/10 04:05 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Attempted murder of a police officer. Trafficking in multiple pounds of meth... the guy is guilty, and if he lives he should get the chair. 

None of those crimes can result in capital punishment.

Selling pounds of meth should not be a crime.

This thread is over 4 years old.

Its nice to see you posting AJ.  Stop by the hunting forum when you have time.  :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service