Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineipickPA
 User Gallery

getting through a firewall??
    #4706225 - 09/24/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Is there any way to get through a firewall? My current apartment has some kind of firewall set up so I can't use limewire to download songs..I dont know (dont understand) bit torrents either so please dont suggest that..so if anyone knows anything about this let me know..thanks
also I use a Mac..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLazyGnome
¬_¬
Male User Gallery

Loc: the layer cake
Re: getting through a firewall?? [Re: ipickPA]
    #4706259 - 09/24/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like you need to do some port forwarding.

With torrents you install a torrent client such as Azureus, Bittorent, Bit Commet, etc. Then you go to a torrent site such as http://thepiratebay.org/ or http://www.mininova.org/ and download a torrent. Then you just opent the torrent in the client and it dowloads.

--------------------
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

"Everything that we know and understand comes down to perception, and by altering this perception we shake everything we know. All that you and I can know and understand is what we can see smell hear think touch and so on, and when something like mushrooms or salvia alters this steady perception, it can break reality permanently." - Dihnekis

OfflineipickPA
 User Gallery

Re: getting through a firewall?? [Re: LazyGnome]
    #4706322 - 09/24/05 05:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ok so i got the azureus thing goin and i clicked on a few torrents to download..
It says that there are seeds and such (people connected?) but nothing is actually downloading..does it take a while for people to connect or whatever sometimes? Im totally new to this torrent thing (as you prob already figured out) haha but thanks a ton Lazy, it seems pretty easy so far..

InvisibleLazyGnome
¬_¬
Male User Gallery

#4706343 - 09/24/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

click tools and then nat/ firewall test to make sure the ports working

what type internet do you have?

--------------------
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

"Everything that we know and understand comes down to perception, and by altering this perception we shake everything we know. All that you and I can know and understand is what we can see smell hear think touch and so on, and when something like mushrooms or salvia alters this steady perception, it can break reality permanently." - Dihnekis

OfflineipickPA
 User Gallery

#4706349 - 09/24/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

cable

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4706354 - 09/24/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

do you have a router? if so, did you set it up or somebody else? would you have the password for it? (the site is probably 192.168.1.1 if you have one)... you probably need to forward ports on it...

--------------------

OfflineipickPA
 User Gallery

#4706357 - 09/24/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Also, I dont see where to click tools at?

OfflineipickPA
 User Gallery

#4706363 - 09/24/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well see the thing is that I'm connected to other computers through some kind of network..so Im not sure what is going on..I just know that my apartment is somehow putting a firewall onto my computer through this network

OfflineipickPA
 User Gallery

#4706368 - 09/24/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ok well I think the torrent started to download but It appears to only be going a whopping 6kb/s which is absurd

InvisibleLazyGnome
¬_¬
Male User Gallery

#4706371 - 09/24/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

how many seeds and peers
in azureus tools is at the top do the nat / firewall test

--------------------

OfflineipickPA
 User Gallery

#4706380 - 09/24/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hahaha they have the infinity sign (sideways 8) for how long its going to download and then the other torrent says 14days oh my
for the one file it says 57 seeds and 22 peers

InvisibleLazyGnome
¬_¬
Male User Gallery

#4706387 - 09/24/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

what do you have your transfer settings as
tools then options then transfer

--------------------

OfflineipickPA
 User Gallery

#4706405 - 09/24/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

40 global upload
0 global download (unlimited)
4 default max upload
80 number of connections per torrent
40 max number of connects globally

InvisibleLazyGnome
¬_¬
Male User Gallery

#4706471 - 09/24/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

bring your upload down to around 25 and put a number for your download like 400

did u do the nat firewall test?

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #4706489 - 09/24/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

look into usenet

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom