Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Loc: Dunder Mifflin
Bunk Shrooms?
    #4705392 - 09/24/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So last night I put 3.7 grams of "Closed Cap Cubensis" into boiling water and left them in there for 10-15 minutes with two teabags. I put the shrooms, water and tea bags into a mug and then added sugar and creamer. I drank all of it then fell asleep 30 minutes later or so. I ate 1/2 of a medium fry from Jack-in-the-Box about 45 minutes before I started drinking the tea.
But, I didn't really feel myself coming up or anything. I thought I did at first, then it fizzled out kind of. I woke up about 2 hours after I feel asleep and I was completely normal. I woke up a little later after that and was also normal. My friends said I woke up 3 times and just stared at the TV and they asked me questions, but had to ask me a couple times before I answered.
I did have very vivid dreams that night...but that happens occasionally anyway.
Now I'm thinking, did me falling asleep cancel out the trip?
Were the shrooms 'bunk'?
Was the water too hot and destroyed the psilocybin?
I woke up this morning totally pissed off and just went and ate the mushrooms incase the psilocybin/psilocin wasn't extracted. I didn't feel anything.

I'm going to try to get an 8th of shrooms tonight. Should I wait until next weekend to do them incase I have a tolerance of shrooms?
Dunno...
Peace

Edited by shroomanic (09/24/05 01:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Bunk Shrooms? [Re: shroomanic]
    #4705491 - 09/24/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yea you should definitely wait. You are supposed to boil the water then take the heat off and let them steep in the hot water, not actually boil them, I believe. Maybe this could have been the reason things didnt work out. I find it hard to believe that the chemicals were completly degraded from 15 minutes of heat though. I've never seen any bunk shrooms that looked anything remotely like cubensis. Do you have experience with mushrooms, if so did they look like cubensis. Could have just been very weak mushrooms, but that's also not very likely considering how much you ate. I would give the dealer a call and see what the deal is.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Re: Bunk Shrooms? [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4705542 - 09/24/05 02:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I called the guy I got them from. He said he had some from the same guy and they were good. I've only done shrooms once, and they were "Closed Cap Cubensis" but these looked a lot different. What kinda made me uneasy, was the stems were all white and looked kinda like they bruised BROWN. So....I wasn't sure. There was probably 25 shrooms in the baggie. What made me upset was that there was some mycelium at the bottom of the stems (so they tore them outta the ground:shake:). But...there was dirt around the mycelium. And...cubes grow in poopie. Right? And...people probably wouldn't drive them from the southeast up to Washington...i dunno.
Any thoughts?

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #4705566 - 09/24/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Tiredness is not a symtop of psilocin, and most people find it impossible to sleep on shrooms. Psilocin will make you alert and aware of your surroundings, so it is unlikely that your friends would have to try very hard to get your attention.
The effects you described arent very particular of Amanita species either, but it sounds more likely that Amanita is what you ate.

I agree with sublime40oz, though: You prepared the shrooms inefficiently, and 3.7g of shrooms is not a large amount to make into tea (assuming that you did in fact have cubes) because you can expect some potentcy to be lost in the process. Eating the leftovers the next day [just in case they were still active] would not have any effect because the psilocybin was already in your system.

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Re: Bunk Shrooms? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4705608 - 09/24/05 02:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

25 shroomies seems like a lot (for 1/8th) unless they are really really small. does the dirt at the stems look like poopoo(ropey) or sandy?

post up some pictures of these things.

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

#4705612 - 09/24/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

They definately weren't amanita. I know that. I didn't know that potency was lost in the process...what's the best way to cover the taste up then? What I'm kinda worried about is...what if they were just random shrooms? They could be poisonous. Correct?
And yeah, the shrooms were like...2.5 inches long at the biggest one. The average one was 1.5 inches probably.
The dirt at the bottom was...brown. All I know. I did eat a little bit of it and it was all gritty. it was nasty ass shit.

Edited by shroomanic (09/24/05 02:26 PM)

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4705851 - 09/24/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shroomanic said:
The dirt at the bottom was...brown. All I know. I did eat a little bit of it and it was all gritty. it was nasty ass shit.

You do know that cubes grow from manure right?

The best way to cover up the taste is to just eat the shrooms and have a glass of orange juice handy. OJ covers up the taste completely, and minimizes the texture of those stringy shrooms.

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

#4705913 - 09/24/05 03:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I do know they grow from poo, but that wasn't poo. It was dirt. Fo sho
Either way I didn't trip and had to taste nasty stuff. It sucked. Next weekend I shall trip though!

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

#4705969 - 09/24/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shroomanic said:
Yeah I called the guy I got them from. He said he had some from the same guy and they were good. I've only done shrooms once, and they were "Closed Cap Cubensis" but these looked a lot different. What kinda made me uneasy, was the stems were all white and looked kinda like they bruised BROWN. So....I wasn't sure. There was probably 25 shrooms in the baggie. What made me upset was that there was some mycelium at the bottom of the stems (so they tore them outta the ground:shake:). But...there was dirt around the mycelium. And...cubes grow in poopie. Right? And...people probably wouldn't drive them from the southeast up to Washington...i dunno.
Any thoughts?

cubes dont grow in the northwest unless they are home grown

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Re: Bunk Shrooms? [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #4706119 - 09/24/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I know that. Which is why I said they wouldn't drive them up from the southeast USA to Washington. And why I found it weird that dirt was on the stems.
Well, I have decided it was MY fault I didn't trip. My friend brewed the tea (his first time brewing mushy tea) and he said the shrooms were in the water when it was really boiling. So...that probably fucked it up.
I'm thinking of eating an 8th tonight. Seeing as how I got no psilocybin in my system, would this be ok? Or should I wait a couple days? I want to do them ASAP.
Peace

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

#4706265 - 09/24/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

...Anyone? I'm going to have a 4th in my hands tonight, so...help please...?

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4706281 - 09/24/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You should wait.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #4706282 - 09/24/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

go for it man i mean why not? If you eat an eighth id say you would trip nicely. :cool:

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Re: Bunk Shrooms? [Re: sui]
    #4706296 - 09/24/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i'm thinking I'll eat an 8th. I got no psilocybin in my system...
so...no tolerance. If I did get any, it was TRACES, so my tolerance would be almost nothing. I'm pretty sure having the shrooms in hot, boiling water for 10 minutes fucked up the whole thing...dammit.
Well, tonight!

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
    #4706395 - 09/24/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting post. Me, I say go for it, if you know they are cubes. I don't seem to build up a tolerance at all. I can trip 3 times a week (that I know of for sure) Once I tripped on Tues., Fri. and on Sun. I ate 2g of aborts thinknig "this will curb my appetite (cuz I was harvesting and wanted to munch so bad) and that 2 g rocked my f'n world for about 7hrs!
Sometimes my cubes look to have dirt on them, it is the casing mix, and depending on how much Calcium I've added (I don't measure, lol) it gives it a gritty texture.
So, you've gotta identify what you have. They won't always be bruised when they're dry. In like 25 shrooms you should be able to see some dark staining on the stems. Might look dark blue or black, but not brown. They will have a white to off white stem, and a golden to orange cap.
I don't know how familiar you are with casing mixes, but examine some of that "dirt" carefully. If you are positive it is dirt, I would think the best indicator would be that the particles would be visible as tiny crumbs or chunks, like salt is square and sugar is round, know what I mean?, then I wouldn't mess with them. Even if they are cultivated, they wouldn't be comming out of dirt, thus indicating fraud.
GL

peace

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #4706969 - 09/24/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sublime40oz said:
I've never seen any bunk shrooms that looked anything remotely like cubensis. Do you have experience with mushrooms, if so did they look like cubensis. Could have just been very weak mushrooms, but that's also not very likely considering how much you ate. I would give the dealer a call and see what the deal is.

One saturday i capped a half o of cubes, i was gonna do 7 grams and my other friend was gonna do 7 grams. These were the most beautiful looking cubes i had ever seen. They were grown by some big time pushers as i was going through someone very high up on the drug chain. The source was very respectable and apparently this batch was huge. The batch had just finished and was dried and it ended up as me and my friend being the first people to try them.

Long story short 7 grams each did nothing to me or my friend. Of course at first my hookup had a little trouble believing that they did nothing but shortly it was found that the entire batch had no actives in them at all. I got my money back. It was the craziest damn thing especially coming from such professional growers and businessmen.

Ive gotten shrooms through the same people after this and they were fine.

Beautiful looking shrooms can end up being bunk.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #4707011 - 09/24/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lysergic_Milkman said:
Tiredness is not a symtop of psilocin, and most people find it impossible to sleep on shrooms. Psilocin will make you alert and aware of your surroundings, so it is unlikely that your friends would have to try very hard to get your attention.

I disagree. I usually feel quite tired when i do shrooms for the first hour to hour and a half especially on higher doses(although theres no way i would actually be able to sleep). Often i will have urges to sleep but i know i dont really want to sleep and that im really not tired. Its wierd and I've noticed it happening in a few of my friends trips as well.

Also i yawn a billion times while under the influence of shrooms and my eyes always end up watering like crazy which bugs me to no end.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Bunk Shrooms? [Re: d33p]
    #4707131 - 09/24/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I get the yawns as well, but i'm not tired while im yawning. Once we all start doing that we know its almost time to get rolling. My left big toe also always tingles, but I think I'm just weird on that one.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
    #4707350 - 09/24/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't see why someone would go to the trouble to grow bunk shrooms, hence the mycelium (unless they didn't want to get arrested). The shrooms sound a little suspicious. Next time don't buy any unless you can identify them fairly well. They should't be bruised brown, that's for sure. You COULD have done a poopie job of preparing them and fizzled out all the psilocybin, but I'm not sure. Always take a look at your mushies before you hand over the money. You can always decline, unless your dealer seems like the person that would want to shoot you for making him meet you.

--------------------

OfflineMaJikFungus
There's a Fungusin my closet

Loc: School of Athens
Re: Bunk Shrooms? [Re: matchbook]
    #4707504 - 09/24/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Potency can vary a great deal even between flushes from the same casing , which is why I don't like to sell what I grow. There is really no way a cultivator can judge the potency of an batch unless he/she tests it out for themselves , which I doubt most commercial growers do.

I've had a suprizingly decent trip off 1g , and I've also experienced absolutly nothing from 1g. I also never make tea from my mushrooms , I always eat them straight up once they're dried out. The boiling point of water is 212F , which I'm sure is more than enough to break down the psychoactive compounds found in mushrooms.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate