Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Poll: Most Americasns NOT in Iraq
    #4706200 - 09/24/05 04:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Poll: Most Americans Not In Iraq
by Scott Ott

(2005-09-23) -- Hours after a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll revealed that fewer than half of respondents believe the U.S. can win the war in Iraq, a second survey showed that more than 99 percent of Americans are not in Iraq, and almost as many form opinions about the war based exclusively on what they learn from CNN, USA Today and other news organizations.

Of the 818 Americans telephoned by pollsters, according to an unnamed Gallup spokesman, roughly zero percent are currently stationed in Iraq, where about 150,000 U.S. troops spend their days providing security, hunting down terrorists, training Iraqi police and soldiers and rebuilding schools, water systems and other infrastructure elements.

Almost 97 percent of those surveyed answered "strongly agree" to the statement: "Every single thing I know about U.S. efforts in Iraq, I learned from news reports in the mainstream media."

Of those people, the vast majority said they believe U.S. troops spend their days "driving around in Humvees, trying to detonate improvised explosive devices with their tires."

A unnamed CNN reporter, stationed in a Green Zone hotel lounge in Baghdad, said the new surveys "simply reinforce what I've known for two years -- the war in Iraq is unwinnable. For some reason, America seems to have lost her will to fight for freedom."

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Poll: Most Americasns NOT in Iraq [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4706204 - 09/24/05 04:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

How about you go over there and report back to us, k?

--------------------

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: Poll: Most Americasns NOT in Iraq [Re: Silversoul]
    #4706208 - 09/24/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

BTDT.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

David Lane

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4706263 - 09/24/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

asdfjkl;

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #4706561 - 09/24/05 06:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

oh yea cause i mean the mass media was very critical of the war in Iraq.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Poll: Most Americasns NOT in Iraq [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #4706656 - 09/24/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:

Seriously. If I remember, many media outlets initially supported it, despite the fact that many people, excluding the mindless, blood-sucking politicians, knew that the WMD claims were bullshit. The War on Iraq was complete bullshit from the start, and no matter what all the conservatives will try to tell me, I strongly remember many people calling bullshit on it.

And of course, bullshit turned out to be true. Now that the masses are finally realizing this, the media is simply appealing to them, but it's not like the media controls the masses with the click of a button; it's really one giant herd, the media trying to appeal to the masses and the masses gaining information from the media, but neither having a definite lead.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
    #4706680 - 09/24/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Where's the link. I don't believe CNN would have such a retarded poll

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: Poll: Most Americasns NOT in Iraq [Re: Unagipie]
    #4706718 - 09/24/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

David Lane

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Poll: Most Americasns NOT in Iraq [Re: Ravus]
    #4707268 - 09/24/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:

Seriously. If I remember, many media outlets initially supported it, despite the fact that many people, excluding the mindless, blood-sucking politicians, knew that the WMD claims were bullshit. The War on Iraq was complete bullshit from the start, and no matter what all the conservatives will try to tell me, I strongly remember many people calling bullshit on it.

And of course, bullshit turned out to be true. Now that the masses are finally realizing this, the media is simply appealing to them, but it's not like the media controls the masses with the click of a button; it's really one giant herd, the media trying to appeal to the masses and the masses gaining information from the media, but neither having a definite lead.

What was it again that turned out to be true?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Poll: Most Americasns NOT in Iraq [Re: Redstorm]
    #4707528 - 09/24/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I meant to say "the claims of bullshit turned out to be true", but meh.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom