Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Defensive Driving
    #4704851 - 09/24/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I just got back from a defensive driving course that I was forced to take because of a "prohibited left turn" ticket I received a few months ago. Pretty basic stuff, seemed like a drivers ed review.

Anyway, we had to do these true and false worksheets, and one of the questions asked "Is it true or false that marijuana causes no noticable effects to your driving after the high has worn off?" I responded by saying that the question contradicts itself, because if marijuana was still noticably affecting your driving, the high couldn't be considered to have worn off.

The lady in charge of this thing said "Well, THC builds up in your body." and quickly changed the topic. While I realize that THC is present in your bloodstream if you are a regular toker, I can't see how this would ever have any significant effect on your ability to perform tasks. There have been times when I haven't been smoking and experienced short periods where I felt somewhat high, but these instances are usually shortlived and not very intense.

I didn't even bother to mention that tests have been done in Europe in which people under the influence of marijuana were found to perform better on an obstacle course than another group of sober people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
Re: Defensive Driving [Re: it stars saddam]
    #4704867 - 09/24/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

THC does not build up in your body the metabolites of THC do. She is just feeding people more disinformation stupid bitch.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Defensive Driving [Re: lowdominion]
    #4704921 - 09/24/05 11:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well though, the thing is if you are BURNED OUT then you're going to suck ass at driving, whereas if you're just a little stoned and coming down you're going to probably be normal if not a little better at it because of being cautious.

so..... it could be true, but not because of thc building up in you... rather because of your brain suddenly not having a psychoactive substance in it any more.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Defensive Driving [Re: leery11]
    #4704924 - 09/24/05 11:59 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When I get high, my full attention is focused on driving.

Nothing else matters.

It's like a video game to me and I'm trying to get high score.

I love it.

:grin:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4704942 - 09/24/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, it's bullshit, but answer the question the way they want you to answer it, and then find information about some studies about the effects of marijuana on driving on the internet, and put them on her desk.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Re: Defensive Driving [Re: Phluck]
    #4704957 - 09/24/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well it was only a one time thing, we didn't even have to turn anything in. The whole class was pretty much an open discussion. I guess you can't really expect to go to any government funded safety classes without hearing at least a few overblown anti-drug claims.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Defensive Driving [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4704987 - 09/24/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WeAreAllOne said:

Nothing else matters.

I love it.

perhaps but sometimes you pay attention to the wrong things and don't realize there is an emergency vehicle behind you because they have their sirens silent and then they turn the volume on and scare the shit out of you...

and then you can't pull over because there are traffic cones in the way and you're going too fast... and then you realize why the truck you had been staring at in front of you slowed way down and parked between traffic cones.......

and then you put on your brakes as the vehicle makes a blind pass around you...... and breathe a sigh of relief realizing it is only a firetruck of sorts and that it is responding to an accident.

and then you sit in between traffic cones whereas the cars behind you just stay parked on the road and realize there are lots of police up ahead.... and time ticks rather slowly by.

then you try and get out of the cones but people won't yield for you at first, and you just want to get the heck out of there.

yeah.... whose to say whether i would have noticed the situation sober though..... silent sirens are misleading unless you are deliberately focusing in your rear view mirror looking for such things.... especially when they're way off in the distance.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (09/24/05 12:13 PM)

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4705050 - 09/24/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Defensive driving is for old people and women, both of which cause accidents.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Re: Defensive Driving [Re: daimyo]
    #4705078 - 09/24/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Actually there were only 3 adults there, all of which were rather awkward.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4705083 - 09/24/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
Defensive driving is for old people and women, both of which cause accidents.

that's because they don't drive defensively, they drive passively.

defensively is like.... you want to pass this guy, and he's lingering and giving you just enough space to do it.

so you do it and you're like "yes that was sweet" and then you see a semi-truck going way slow and you don't have room to pass him, so you get like 2-3 seconds behind him and just drive normally, but then when you have room you do like 90 or whatever to get around him then go back to your normal speed.

agressive driving is like you'd be tailgating that mother riding your brakes like crazy and then you'd make a blind pass doing 90mph and hope that you don't die.

and passive granny driving would be that you say "oh well, i can't do the speed limit, i'll just go 45 because this truck is in the way" and then when people try to pass you you start speeding up and being weird and eccentric because you don't like it when people "speed"

defensive driving incorporates a sort of focused agression if necessary but generally speaking is laid back and involves awareness of others and what they are likely to do, and how you can most efficiently adjust. its sort of a meditation perhaps.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (09/24/05 12:27 PM)

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
    #4705137 - 09/24/05 12:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WeAreAllOne said:

Nothing else matters.

I love it.

agreed.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4705161 - 09/24/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Except that it is not a game. There is no reset button. You splatter some poor chap across the asphalt in your drug fueled extravaganza and you're not going to a bonus level. You're going to Bubbas level.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineiCe_2x
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4706613 - 09/24/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
Except that it is not a game.  There is no reset button.  You splatter some poor chap across the asphalt in your drug fueled extravaganza and you're not going to a bonus level.  You're going to Bubbas level.

Well, I'm pretty good at video games  :tongue:

OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
Re: Defensive Driving [Re: iCe_2x]
    #4707910 - 09/25/05 12:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The only problem I encounter while driving high, is any type of multitasking. The damn stereo is always stealing my attention away from driving, along with the joint I'm smoking.

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom