Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSlattMoan

ATTN VENDORS: Disturbing Dateline Special
    #470029 - 11/26/01 12:46 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I watched an episode of Dateline on NBC earlier this evening, and I found it a bit disturbing. The special was on a chemical known as MDMA. From raw materials to mass quantities of MDMA in pill form, Dateline traced its production.

It all started with a home video of some extremely naive and former college students who exercised the habitual use and consequently, production of MDMA. The tape subsequently contained footage of the students while experimenting with MDMA. Recreationally using the substance wasn't enough, so the former chemistry students began researching the production of it.

Ironically enough, the Internet was a viable, not to mention convenient, means of obtaining information on the synthesis of MDMA. The students found a web site called "The Hive". Moderated by an individual with the alias of "STRIKE", the site was very similar to that of one of my favorites, The Shroomery.

Here's the disturbing part... Dateline also had gotten hold of a copy of a book that had been found at the same time of the video footage I mentioned earlier. The book was a "cookbook" for the synthesis of MDMA. It just so happens that the Author of the book also had an alias of "STRIKE", and the book was pretty much advertised on The Hive website. And for the clincher, Not only did this person write the book and advertise it on the internet, but the process of obtaining the raw materials needed to do such a thing was outlined VERY specifically. By specifically, I mean the name of a company that sold these materials was given with complete ordering instructions, even the phrase "a fake name and business name MUST be used when ordering".

And finally, you aren't going to believe this! Dateline looked a bit deeper into the "cookbook" and it took them to a publishing company in Texas, not even a 30-minute drive from the company that sold the raw materials. If you haven't already figured it out yet, "STRIKE" was behind it all. His real name is John and he is a convicted felon. He was arrested himself for the production for the drug illicitly known as Ecstasy to the general public. The "cookbook" was written while john visited the federal prison for several years and the web site was started shortly after his release. The web site never raised an eyebrow, because of John's freedom of speech and his legit business selling these raw materials. Until of course the video and book got into the hands of the local police department.

Not only did the video footage contain the recreational use of the drug, it contained footage of all of the laboratory supplies the students had acquired, the book written by ?STRIKE?, and shots of the labels that were attached to the outside of the packaging of the raw materials that showed the name of John's raw material company. John again sits in jail for a charge this time of CONTRIBUTING to the manufacturing of MDMA.

Just wandering if anyone else had seen or heard of this, and what your thoughts are when taking The Shroomery into consideration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: SlattMoan]
    #470062 - 11/26/01 01:18 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: ATTN VENDORS: Disturbing Dateline Special [Re: MicronMagick]
    #470176 - 11/26/01 03:06 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i beg to differ MM, look at the link...concern...psilocy...
http://www.dea.gov/concern/abuse/chap5/psilocy.htm

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Re: ATTN VENDORS: Disturbing Dateline Special [Re: 40oz]
    #470254 - 11/26/01 04:28 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It's never a great idea to link directly to the dea.
But that's just me. lol paranoid.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: 40oz]
    #470262 - 11/26/01 04:49 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleSlattMoan

#470334 - 11/26/01 06:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The video tape had nothing to do with the bust... merily a biography of their drug use. The video was found DURING the raid of their home, which was a tip-off.

So, everyone is pretty much saying that it's the same situation but just not on the DEA's Top Priority list at this time? Well I find that a bit naive of all of you. When I started visiting The Shroomery, about mid February of this year, there were approximately 7,500 registered users to the bulletin boards. At 7:13 PM Eastern this evening, there were 10,302. That's an increase of over 72% in only 9 months. When I first started checking out the message boards I could post questions and come back a week later and get many very useful suggestions. Now, there are so many damn posts on the Mushroom Cultivation board that I don't even read it anymore... if I did I'd be reading all day, every day. I think we all need to realize that with the amount of internet users growing at the rate it is, the DEA and the rest of the government is going to start cracking down. With the ease of growing the all-too-popular cubies... I feel that change is under way. It's just a matter of time.

Fuck it... I'm going to enjoy every last minute! LOL!!!

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: ATTN VENDORS: Disturbing Dateline Special [Re: SlattMoan]
    #470410 - 11/26/01 07:20 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

There are a couple parts of the story your missing. The only reason this guy was charged with accessory or contributing to the students making the MDMA is because he admitted everything for one.

First rule of thumb, shut your mouth when the law comes asking questions. Refer them to an attorney, if they arrest you fine, but dont say a damn word or admit to anything.

Let your attorney kick their ass in court if the DA can even take it that far. Many many ppl are arrested without ever going to court because the DA has no case. Cops make mistakes all the time....count on that.
They have to have enough credable evidence to begin with to even take you to court.
Without any admission of guilt, they have a much hader time proving anything...so keep your mouth shut.

John, aka "Strike" really screwed up by admitting to everything. Everything he did was protected under freedom of speech. I still dont understand how they got him on the contributing part. I didn't catch the whole story, my friend filled me on the details I missed, but from what I gather he either had a really bad attorney or it had something to do witht he fact the chemicals used were coming from his company and his book outlined where to get them... from his company. Still...he is not responsable for how ppl use the chemicals. Just like all the books and magazines,websites..everything out there on how to grow mushrooms, mj, make lsd, meth... etc... its all protected under freedom of speech. Look at all the pipe and bong shops....How ppl use the information or legal material is not the distributors liability.
Food for thought.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#470418 - 11/26/01 07:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

And BTW SlattMoan, use the search engine to find more specific information in the cultivation forum. It makes it much easier then trying to wade through a lot of posts :wink:

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Anonymous

#470435 - 11/26/01 07:34 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Those numbers made my head itch!

7500....10302....2802 increase....closer to 37% increase of which half seem to be puppets!

InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: SlattMoan]
    #470695 - 11/26/01 11:44 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineJunglist
journeyman
Loc: U S of A
    #470723 - 11/27/01 12:00 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

That was the best post I've read in a long time.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#470939 - 11/27/01 07:36 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Re: ATTN VENDORS: Disturbing Dateline Special [Re: psilocyber]
    #471003 - 11/27/01 10:05 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

A couple things to clear up:

First off. John was the guy who started the Hive in the first place!

Second. John had a username on the Hive named Strike who on more than one occasion pointed people to his warehouse stating that they are a very reliable vendor and that there would not be problems ordering from them!

Third. There are certain chemicals, when ordered in conjunction with one another, will at the very least, put up a red flag in the distributors mind. When ordered alone, there in most cases wouldn't be a second thought.

These guys were lucky enough to be able to pick up, along with the glassware, 11 L of isosafrole(the most watched chemical needed). And they were just plain stupid!

Dateline's gomputer guys must have traced back John's IP address and figured out who he was. HE WAS STUPID! SO WERE COLLEGE STUDENTS!!!

I'm watching the show saying c'mon man tell them okay, everybody out, end of interview... But instead Strike just kept this stupid smirk on his face, almost like he felt he were untouchable...

my2cents

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Invisiblestrang

Re: ATTN VENDORS: Disturbing Dateline Special [Re: Olgualion]
    #471047 - 11/27/01 11:36 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

anyone know of any related sites that show how mdma can be produced. i dont wanna brew any up just wondering what it takes and how hard it would be score the chemmies.. anyways good post...

Anonymous

#471178 - 11/27/01 02:00 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

How stupid does someone have to be to videotape this kinda stuff??? What idiots. Even if it wasn't the cause of their downfall, it certainly couldn't have helped 'em out in any way!!
DUMBASSES!!!

~K~

InvisibleSlattMoan

Re: ATTN VENDORS: Disturbing Dateline Special [Re: psilocyber]
    #471431 - 11/27/01 06:13 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, this topic has thoroughly been discussed now. I'll finish up the post with these last few words.

Ryche Hawk, I didn't mean to sound like it was difficult to find specific information. That's ludicrous! The shroomery is by far the easiest sight to search and navigate through, especially when looking for something specific. I meant that I used to read each and every post, daily. Now there are far too many each day to do that.

MicronMagick, I appreciate the plethora of information in that post. I think you are absolutely right with your Supply vs. Demand theory. As for The Shroomery going back to it's "roots" when it comes to content... I am pretty new to this community but again I think you are right. I mean if you want to talk about LSD and X then find somewhere else to do it. I don't think that it's a good idea to talk of such "drugs" on this site, and I don't feel that it's appropriate to dedicate a bulletin board to the cause. I guess I just don't see the reasoning behind it.

psilocyber - When I watched the special the same thoughts went through my head that went through your wive's. I made this post, because of the similarities between the two sites. You have to admit that it really is no different. I guess now I'm just glad that i found The Shroomery when i did and got started as soon as I did. I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge and expertise that all of you have given to all of us. Oh yeah, thank you all for supplying the spores too!!!

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: ATTN VENDORS: Disturbing Dateline Special [Re: Olgualion]
    #479665 - 12/04/01 03:13 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Actually they did not trace is IP address. They went to the book publisher of Strikes book and he had left a phone number to his brother-in-law with them. That is how they traced it back to Strike.

Another note about everyone using screen names. IF someone on the street, say a reporter or law enforcement comes up to and tries to catch you off guard by calling you buy your screen name, dont turn around, dont acknowledge them until they are right in your face. And then of course deny the screen name issue.
Once again, admit to nothing!!

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #479680 - 12/04/01 03:37 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

If they were somehow to get me on camera and start interigating me like that I'd take a clue from "Sean Penn" Left hand to get the camera out of the way, right fist to the nose.

LOL! right on...

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
Re: ATTN VENDORS: Disturbing Dateline Special [Re: geokills]
    #479831 - 12/04/01 06:29 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If you guys only knew....

...they didn't call strike the queenbee for nothing.
Don't believe everything you hear on television...
there is more to this story...much more. and chances are you'll probably never know it. That's the nature of the game.

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

InvisibleSlattMoan

Re: ATTN VENDORS: Disturbing Dateline Special [Re: oOjonahOo]
    #481104 - 12/05/01 06:28 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

there's always "more to the story"...
fact is: dumb ass gets bold (not to mention a bit creative) - dumb ass gets caught

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom