Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Scales, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelosfreddy
Composter
Male User Gallery

Dosage for Fresh mushrooms grown on BRF and Verm.
    #4703446 - 09/24/05 02:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Im trying to find out what dosage of mushrooms is necessary for a level 3 effect at the least with these mushrooms grown on BRF and Verm and hydrated in coffee. Ive messed with wild mushrooms before and have reached a level 2 at the most. I always made tea and shared it with friends so i could never caculate the dosage. Was woundering what the average mushroom weighs with the stem and if the potency level for it have being grown on BRF and Verm is accurate for the dosage caculator which says to take 22.4 grams fresh/ 10.7 dried. Just, if anyone can tell me how many caps i should take.

--------------------
Quit reading my mind!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Dosage for Fresh mushrooms grown on BRF and Verm. [Re: losfreddy]
    #4704030 - 09/24/05 05:28 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well, do you have a scale, or can you post pictures of the shrooms? At least post some measurements. Mushrooms vary extremely in terms of size, so I don't know if it's possible to give you any kind of "average". Are they fresh or dried? Also, 10.7 dried is a wrong number. You want level 3? I'd say go with about 25-27g wet, or 2.3-2.5g dry. I'm not wild about the whole "level" system, but those doseages should be sufficient for the *average* person to have a nice medium+ trip.

Also, if you're dealing with a limited supply of fungus, I'd recommend just eating them instead of making tea. You will lose some of the potency by making tea. It may not be that much, but eating them ensures that 100% of the good stuff gets in your belly.

Your substrate will not give you "maximum" potency, but I wouldn't get hung up on that.

Offlinelosfreddy
Composter
Male User Gallery

Re: Dosage for Fresh mushrooms grown on BRF and Verm. [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4706399 - 09/24/05 07:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

oh yeah, im not going to make tea this time, im going to eat it. the mushrooms are just now pinning. and there is a scale somewhere. if i cant find it i will buy one of those balance scale things from the smoking assesory store. i describe my last trip as a level 2 because i did see very bright colors but no hallucagin signs as described in level 3. I would so like to obtaine this. Is it alright to mix differnt kinds of shrooms? like Blue Meanie Cub and Krepper/Hawaiian, ect?

--------------------
Quit reading my mind!

Offlinewuotan
tenderfoot

Loc: Hawaii
    #4706768 - 09/24/05 09:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Last night I took around 2.25 grams (about 6 mushrooms about 2.5" long with 1/2" caps) of B+ grown on 1 pint PF cakes. Definetly a level 3 trip for me.

--------------------
Once I saw this wino who was eating grapes, and I said, "Dude, you have to wait". - Hedberg

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Dosage for Fresh mushrooms grown on BRF and Verm. [Re: wuotan]
    #4706875 - 09/24/05 10:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's okay to mix different strains, although there's nothing to be gained from it AFAIK.  If they're grown on different substrates (rice flour vs. horse poo for example) then it might make it harder to gauge the potency of the dose.  30g fresh is a nice round number for me, and usually gives me a good trip.  :levitate:

Oh, and I know it sounds hard, but try not to look for signs that you're tripping.  I find that if I just lay back and let the trip overtake me then I'll feel more effect, where if I constantly ask myself "am I tripping yet?" I'll be too preoccupied with looking for signs that I'm high to notice that I am in fact tripping face. 

side note: wuotan's avatar is TOTALLY dancing to the music I'm playing right now!  Haha, I get amused by simple things... :handth:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Offlinelosfreddy
Composter
Male User Gallery

Re: Dosage for Fresh mushrooms grown on BRF and Verm. [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4707808 - 09/25/05 01:46 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Willie Tomg, i hear ya. I know whats up with shrooms as i have mastered the hunt in several local fields. Now im about the produce of if know what im saying :P i always make sure i am comfortable before i get high or whatever. i dont know why it is, but if you cloud your mind with too much thought you will have a bad or confusing trip.

--------------------
Quit reading my mind!

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4708689 - 09/25/05 07:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

losfreddy said:
Im trying to find out what dosage of mushrooms is necessary for a level 3 effect at the least with these mushrooms grown on BRF and Verm and hydrated in coffee. Ive messed with wild mushrooms before and have reached a level 2 at the most. I always made tea and shared it with friends so i could never caculate the dosage. Was woundering what the average mushroom weighs with the stem and if the potency level for it have being grown on BRF and Verm is accurate for the dosage caculator which says to take 22.4 grams fresh/ 10.7 dried. Just, if anyone can tell me how many caps i should take.

Buy a cheap scale. It is worth it! You can't make a good estimate of the dose by the number of mushrooms. The dosage caculator gives a good general indication of the dosage.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Scales, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience