Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesylumcase
Stranger
Newb question on picking
    #4702841 - 09/23/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ok im gonna be quick and straight to the point. I have a cake going and there is one little guy thats about 4 times the size of any other on any of the cakes i have. And this is my first success with getting fruits some im not sure what to do, id say there's prolly 2 to 3 days till its veil breaks. And its growing right out of the center of like 3 or 4 others that are going nicely, they increase notably when i check them every 4 to six hours, but id say there prolly like 4 to 5 days before their veil breaks. Now heres for my question, should i just let it go even after its veil breaks, to let the little guys around it get bigger, or should i just take the whole clump or cake for that matter? I do wanna make a print but i can always get one off another.

Sorry guess it wasn't as short and sweet as i wanted it too be. But thanks in advance for any help offered. I love this site and wish i could meet some of you. I visit these boards at least once a day, and lets just say with out the resources in this site id never have been able to engage in this hobby. Id love to learn how to grow them bio-luminescent mushrooms, but i cant find any info on them. But i may be looking in the wrong places. Sorry for the rambling, its just a bad habit i have. Thanks again, and may all your ventures prove fruitful.

Edited by sylumcase (09/23/05 10:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Newb question on picking [Re: sylumcase]
    #4702907 - 09/23/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well heres my opionion.. the big one is sucking up more nutes from your cakes than the lil ones.. so if you pick it it could save some nutes for later flushes, or you could leave it and see how big it gets.. i would pick it, but thats just me..

for printing i think you want to pick your biggest normal mushroom out of your flush.  if you take a print from your big monster shroom you might get bigger mushrooms but an uneven speratic pinset, were as if you take a print from your average mushroom it could help giving you a nice even pinset with a bunch of decent sized mushrooms.. but thats all just :2cents:

congrats on your grow man :thumbup: :thumbup:!! :smile: ya this site is awsome, lots of nice helpfull ppl!! you need to post some pics :smile:

l8r

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Newb question on picking [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4702925 - 09/23/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i do belive that the mushroom gets over-mature if you try and let it grow for too long.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Newb question on picking [Re: Ogla]
    #4702957 - 09/23/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ive read that some ppl belive the longer you wait after the vail brakes it starts loosing potency.. but i think its just a rummor/myth..

--------------------

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

Offlinesylumcase
Stranger
    #4703194 - 09/24/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

willmafingerdo said:
well heres my opionion.. the big one is sucking up more nutes from your cakes than the lil ones..

congrats on your grow man :thumbup: :thumbup:!! :smile: ya this site is awsome, lots of nice helpfull ppl!! you need to post some pics :smile:

l8r

Thanks i tried hard. I have to get my digi batts before i can put up some pics. And i agree with the nutes statement, its only logical that it is sucking up alot. Its growing so much faster then the others, I'll take a pic and put it on here tomorrow morning just before i pick it :grin: i so happy. after 2 failures i finally did it.

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Newb question on picking [Re: sylumcase]
    #4703849 - 09/24/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:stoned:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newb question on picking [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4704224 - 09/24/05 06:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ThumpaCap said:
:stoned:

What's the point of this?

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Newb question on picking [Re: FooMan]
    #4704300 - 09/24/05 07:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

pick that mother.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Newb question on picking [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4708972 - 09/25/05 08:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

next time you need to try out some grain... i tried cakes my first time.. and i hated it.. grain is so much easier, and IMO casings are way better for yeild than cakes..

--------------------

Offlinenovorua
Waterholic
Loc: Texas
    #4709040 - 09/25/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

willmafingerdo said:
next time you need to try out some grain... i tried cakes my first time.. and i hated it.. grain is so much easier, and IMO casings are way better for yeild than cakes..

Which procedure did you follow? If you did follow one from this website...I just want the link to see what you are talking about. Thanks.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newb question on picking [Re: novorua]
    #4709048 - 09/25/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's probably not 1 link. Look in the FAQ about whole grains and casings.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinenovorua
Waterholic
Loc: Texas
    #4709049 - 09/25/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ohh okay, thanks.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4711713 - 09/25/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
It's probably not 1 link. Look in the FAQ about whole grains and casings.

ya i just read a bunch of the tec's and kind of did what i thought would be right :smile: but heres some tec's i found that realy helped clear up some questions and have some good pics..

popcorn tec
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25049

WBS tec
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/26004

casing tec i use is 50/50+
2 6 qt  containers
8 C. Peat
8 C. Verm
4 C. Crushed oyster shells
5 C. water (just an average add a lil at a time till good)
8  piant jars of grain

i just did my first WBS casing today.. i think i like WBS better overall than popcorn.  the only thing that i liked about popcorn was it wasnt as messy as WBS to work with, and i liked how the popcorn broke up when i whent to case it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract