Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Consciousness
    #4702689 - 09/24/05 12:08 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Consciousness arises from energy, perhaps more specifically electricity or light, but energy in essence.

Discuss

im interested to see others opinions on this, i could go into detail about why it is so, but i want to hear what everyone here has to say.

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Edited by TheGus (09/24/05 12:09 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Consciousness [Re: TheGus]
    #4702780 - 09/24/05 12:31 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

More specifically, the electromagnetic force? Our consciousness is electrons flitting through neurons.

Which is quite a trip, since that would you mean you are electrons and neurons and the brain, all at the same time.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: Consciousness [Re: Ravus]
    #4703087 - 09/24/05 01:43 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

not nessecarily, perhaps energy in its true form, rather than electrical or heat energy
some call it dark energy, i call it real energy, often referred to by the western religions as chi or a universal god force

think about it though, what is the similar trend in every consciouss being, energy. A physical body that is controlled by a central nervous system (if not a central nervous system, the animal is not very aware, mainly living on instinct, or a universal knowledge if you choose to look at it that way)

in essence, our energy is able to connect w/our central nervous system (the electrical conductor basically) in our body to actually use the brain to control our actions and conscious/subconscious parts of our brain, but awareness is not dependent on these tools

i think that our sun may have consciousness... it in essence is the reason life exists, it is energy, without energy life cannot exist, without life, awareness can not exist

many of my thoughts dont make sense at this point in my life, but i feel closer to an answer than ever.

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4703113 - 09/24/05 01:49 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

not nessecarily, perhaps energy in its true form, rather than electrical or heat energy
some call it dark energy, i call it real energy, often referred to by the western religions as chi or a universal god force

It's hard to discuss something you've, so far, given nine different and conflicting definitions to.

Can you narrow down what you mean by 'energy' to one definition?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineDeviate
Re: Consciousness [Re: Diploid]
    #4703148 - 09/24/05 01:55 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

"More specifically, the electromagnetic force? Our consciousness is electrons flitting through neurons.

Which is quite a trip, since that would you mean you are electrons and neurons and the brain, all at the same time. "

what makes you think these neurons exist apart from consciousness? what if they are the outward of apprearance or reflection of the deeper reality instead of the other way around. personally i have good reason to believe that your view is in some ways backwards.

Edited by Deviate (09/24/05 01:57 AM)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Consciousness [Re: Deviate]
    #4703209 - 09/24/05 02:02 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Backwards? So consciousness creates the electromagnetic force and cells?

I've seen no evidence of this. Consciousness must originate from somewhere, and if we believe in reality as confirmed by experimentation, observations and logic, the brain would be the area of this consciousness. I have no reason to believe consciousness is naturally inherent to the universe and existing in and of itself, unlike electrons which create consciousness. If cells did not evolve to utilize the electromagnetic forces to help the survival of the genes, then consciousness would have no platform to originate from, and therefore would be nonexistent.

How would you explain it?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineDeviate
    #4703266 - 09/24/05 02:12 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

"Backwards? So consciousness creates the electromagnetic force and cells?"

I've seen no evidence of this. Consciousness must originate from somewhere, and if we believe in reality as confirmed by experimentation, observations and logic, the brain would be the area of this consciousness. I have no reason to believe consciousness is naturally inherent to the universe and existing in and of itself, unlike electrons which create consciousness. If cells did not evolve to utilize the electromagnetic forces to help the survival of the genes, then consciousness would have no platform to originate from, and therefore would be nonexistent.

How would you explain it? "

i dont believe consciousness must originate from somewhere, its simply what is. it is existance and not much more about it can be said. constriants like time and space and matter only exist in the mind.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Consciousness [Re: Deviate]
    #4703283 - 09/24/05 02:15 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
"Backwards? So consciousness creates the electromagnetic force and cells?"

How would you explain it? "

i dont believe consciousness must originate from somewhere, its simply what is. it is existance and not much more about it can be said. constriants like time and space and matter only exist in the mind.

Doesn't the mind also only exist in the mind? But this would be completely illogical; the mind would have to contain itself in nothingness, as it would only exist in itself. Unless of course the mind is an exception to itself, but there's no logical reason why that would be.

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #4703336 - 09/24/05 02:25 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

"Doesn't the mind also only exist in the mind? But this would be completely illogical; the mind would have to contain itself in nothingness, as it would only exist in itself. Unless of course the mind is an exception to itself, but there's no logical reason why that would be. "

in the mind the mind is not to be found. the mind exists in the Self which is ever consciouss even in the absense of the mind. if you enquire into the nature of the mind you will find the Self.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4704436 - 09/24/05 10:55 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

consciousness is forming, in its formation... :P

"information"

"the consciousness of the conscious is the only consciousness's, conscious of consciousness"
-unknown :P

evolution of consciousness is the consciousness of evolution? :P

consciousness creates consciousness..?

"The body is the grounder of all thoughts"
-unknowns :P

Mind is consciousness, subconsciously. (personified)
We are our consciousness, subconsciously.
The body we now are contained in [are] as real as the body in your dreams.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4704588 - 09/24/05 12:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

side effect of energy patterns interacting

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology