Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
2 die seeking a high from laughing gas
    #4702276 - 09/23/05 09:42 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,94773,00.html

2 die seeking a high from laughing gas

A MAN and a woman are dead and two others seriously injured after a bungled laughing gas prank in Sydney.
21 September 2005

A MAN and a woman are dead and two others seriously injured after a bungled laughing gas prank in Sydney.

The police believe the four had locked themselves in a car and set off a 1m-tall cylinder of nitrous oxide in a bid to get high, reported the Courier Mail.

But the gas, coupled with the lack of oxygen in the car, knocked all four unconscious.

The owner of the house where the car was found, Mr Tolson Domovski, 38, died en route to hospital. Ms Jessica Murray, 23, died from her injuries at 5pm yesterday.

Her boyfriend, a tenant at the home, Mr Jason Busuttil, 33, and a fourth man known only as Peter, 22, were treated in hospital and released.

The four were found by another tenant, Mr Michael Koutoukis, at 7.30am on Sunday. He had last seen the group as they headed out clubbing the night before.

At first, he thought they had just arrived home and were napping. 'There was a slight odour in the car, but I did not know what it was from and did not see the gas cylinder in the boot until police took it out later,' he said.

The police are probing how the four got hold of the cylinder, which is highly regulated for medical use in relieving pain.

The Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) reported that Mr Domovski worked for a company that transported cylinders to medical centres three years ago.

DEATHS IN US

According to Australian media reports, some clubbers are inhaling small bulbs of nitrous oxide torn from cans of whipped cream to heighten the effects of other party drugs, such as ecstasy.

In the US, about 10 to 15 people a year die from inhaling the small bulbs.

However, this is the first known case of a medical canister of the gas being used as a party drug.

An ambulance spokesman said all four suffered hypoxia, a potentially fatal condition in which the body is starved of oxygen, reported The Age.

Nitrous oxide itself is not deadly, added Dr Gordian Fulde: 'The thing that kills people and makes them very sick is not the gas, it's the exclusion of oxygen.'

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: 2 die seeking a high from laughing gas [Re: motaman]
    #4702335 - 09/23/05 10:03 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

So wait, some of them died and some lived? Unless someone came out within a few minutes I don't see how that's possible.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: 2 die seeking a high from laughing gas [Re: motaman]
    #4702486 - 09/23/05 10:56 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

wow, this was very very stupid. so fuckin stupid to have done this in a car without any way for ventilation.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: 2 die seeking a high from laughing gas [Re: dblaney]
    #4702541 - 09/23/05 11:18 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

dblaney said:
So wait, some of them died and some lived? Unless someone came out within a few minutes I don't see how that's possible.

it would depend on their weight and overall physical condition...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: 2 die seeking a high from laughing gas [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4702948 - 09/24/05 01:13 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

So every year 10-15 people die from inhaling whippets??

Wheres the evidence?

I don't see how that could be possible.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: 2 die seeking a high from laughing gas [Re: Locus]
    #4702966 - 09/24/05 01:19 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

what a waste of n20  :shake:  ..  stupid australians

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: 2 die seeking a high from laughing gas [Re: Infrared]
    #4702978 - 09/24/05 01:22 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

deserve to die if their that stupid about the way they do it

fucking smoke some dope and hit a whipit if you wana get fucked up

or any psychedelic or that and whipits i dont care

dont do stupid shit tho, wtf

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: 2 die seeking a high from laughing gas [Re: TheGus]
    #4702998 - 09/24/05 01:27 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

exactly.. you wanna get high from n20.. get a mask or some punching balloons... dont sufficate yourself in a car with it :smirk:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: 2 die seeking a high from laughing gas [Re: zee_werp]
    #4704290 - 09/24/05 09:30 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

zee_werp said:

Wheres the evidence?

Yeah, this is what I want to know, also.

You're not going to get hypoxia from taking a hit off of a whippet here and there. You are still getting oxygen. And even if you take hits back to back, without a breath, you're not going to be able to take a hit once you pass out.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: 2 die seeking a high from laughing gas [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4704357 - 09/24/05 09:58 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Mmm, smells like bullshit to me. A lot, I mean a LOT of people did nitrous here in New Zealand up until a few months ago when whipped cream bulbs were banned for retail sale due to bad media attention.

It was to the extent that every corner store "7-11" type thing you'd go to was selling them with a huge shelf full of boxes, right next to the still legal BZP 'party pills'.

Anyway the media attention was bad. I recall one case in which a 15 year old died from inhaling butane in some alleyway. They made it front page news. Except, sure enough, the accompanying photo was of nitrous oxide cannisters, and they spent over half the article talking about nitrous oxide in the same respects to glue and butane. Even though the youth had not inhaled any nitrous at all. Funny how they also fail to draw any more than a mention to the fact that he was very intoxicated on alcohol too.

So anyway out of a good 5 years or so of nitrous whippets being very popular in New Zealand never once have I seen any mention of someone dying from it other than the above mentioned which is clearly bias media rather than real facts. And my point is that I am 100% sure that if even a single person had died from it the media would have jumped on it it would be front page news for sure. Go figure.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: 2 die seeking a high from laughing gas [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4705407 - 09/24/05 03:44 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:
Quote:

zee_werp said:

Wheres the evidence?

Yeah, this is what I want to know, also.

You're not going to get hypoxia from taking a hit off of a whippet here and there. You are still getting oxygen. And even if you take hits back to back, without a breath, you're not going to be able to take a hit once you pass out.

ill pay a dollar for this evidence and its manufacturer

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service