Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: popnganja420]
    #4700729 - 09/23/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

popnganja420 said:
All I can say is Marc will forever be an Idol in the marijuana world... he will always be remembered for what he did do.  I think the US is fucked up with their laws and we should all plant some seeds in memory of Marc who lost the life he knew keeping us happy  :peace:

Yeah I will always remember him for what he did. He raped people on the prices of seeds. Probably by buying out all the stock of all the breeders then selling them for whatever he wanted too. Howcome when I go on Heavens Stairways page the same seed from the same seed bank is like a 1/4 of the price Marc Sells his for? So what that he gives his money to help legalize pot in Canada? Im in America and just want seeds for a fair price. I don't deal and really don't have any interest in having weed legalized because I never really bring heat to myself and I am way below the radar.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Loc: LA
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4700757 - 09/23/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Where does Heaven's Stairway's money go? I'd rather fund Emery's cause, because presumably it can help the whole world. Re-read the DEA's initial press release concerning helping the US.

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #4700801 - 09/23/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

IgnatiusJReilly said:
Where does Heaven's Stairway's money go? I'd rather fund Emery's cause, because presumably it can help the whole world. Re-read the DEA's initial press release concerning helping the US.

Who cares where their money goes? They charge a fair price for a good product. I hope it goes into their pockets like it should. Marcs efforts are not focused on the world they are focused in Canada. If you haven't noticed Canada doesn't set much of an example for other countries in the world and they probably never will. By that I mean that their laws/actions don't take precendence and are not copied by other nations. When I wan't to help the cause I donate to NORML.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (09/23/05 01:54 PM)

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: Jammer]
    #4700833 - 09/23/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Jammer said:
No argument here. But, thankfully not all Americans are conservative.

Conservatives and religious zealots are in the minority, regardless of how much power Republicans have in the country. Statistics show the majority, or at least half of Americans have experimented or are for the regulated legalization of marijuana.

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #4700858 - 09/23/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

IgnatiusJReilly said:

How much of Marc's money goes to fund legalization campaigns? How much does he pay himself?

I don't know, but...
This could be like that long-distance phone scam, where the company donates a portion of their profits to liberal organizations. Sure, they donate money, but they charge alot more for phone service. If you really want to help the cause, you'll buy your phone service from the cheapest provider and donate the difference to an organization you care about - your money will go 10-100 times as far that way.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4701460 - 09/23/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

IMO he makes pot advocates look bad....

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4701913 - 09/23/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

???

You're not talking about Emery, are you?

He's done more for the drug culture than anyone!

Sure he's got his faults, but what the hell? You need Ghandi to lead a movement or you're not happy?

Before Emery, it was illegal to even promote the abolishment of prohibition.

Marc Emery's victories for civil liberty in Canada are numerous, not all have to do with marijuana either. Marc Emery's efforts rolled back Canadian censorship laws considerably.

About 14 years ago, I was sitting in a London courtroom when a rather agitated Crown attorney asked Marc Emery if he'd ever urinated into a woman's mouth

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #4702182 - 09/23/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Who cares where their money goes? They charge a fair price for a good product. I hope it goes into their pockets like it should.

Yah what a fucking idiot... giving away money to a good cause. Man that pisses me off. How dare he sell something illegal for something other than monetary gain.

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
When I wan't to help the cause I donate to NORML.

Like every stoner is going to donate to NORML/MAPS. Not realistic. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4702229 - 09/23/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
Like every stoner is going to donate to NORML/MAPS. Not realistic.

Stop being so cynical.

I'm sure that all of our beloved stoner friends occassionally get a spurt of inspiration which causes them to rise from the couch, scrounge around for some change, and send whatever they can into NORML.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4702254 - 09/23/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

fuck norml... 30 years of taking donations, and they've accomplished nada... give yer money to MAPS, or better yet, shroomery or erowid...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Stranger

Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4702292 - 09/23/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yah I would reccomend MAPS, it's almost like a magazine subscription with the benefits of donation to drug research.

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: phi1618]
    #4702316 - 09/23/05 07:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

phi1618 said:
I'm pretty sure Ravus has gone gimmick - like Ziddy in the old days.

Ravus has a good sense of satire as opposed to most people who take parody literally.

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: Unagipie]
    #4702322 - 09/23/05 08:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Unagipie said:
Quote:

phi1618 said:
I'm pretty sure Ravus has gone gimmick - like Ziddy in the old days.

Ravus has a good sense of satire as opposed to most people who take parody literally.

A radical muslim homo is just a little too irksome for us stick-in-the-mud types.

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4702344 - 09/23/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No need to be a stick in the mud

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #4704790 - 09/24/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Who cares where their money goes? They charge a fair price for a good product. I hope it goes into their pockets like it should.

Yah what a fucking idiot... giving away money to a good cause. Man that pisses me off. How dare he sell something illegal for something other than monetary gain.

Thats the way I see it too. Marc has a GREAT vision, and a plan that has (so far) been much more effective than counting on pot heads to freely donate their $$ to the cause.

Honestly, Marc is a hero. Has any other single pot head managed to give away such a high amount of cash to this cause? What impressed me is how things have changed in Canada since Marc started his seed business. When he first started geting involved it was ileagle in Canada to buy/sell a HIGH TIMES MAG!! - Now we have a situation where the voters have spoken and politician campaigns are funded with money from Marc's seed business. Who cares if the seeds were over priced? Heck ANY pot seed should be free anyway... it's not like dealers run around selling pot seeds on the streets. After all, what there REALLY selling are the genectics that allow people to grow a high quality crop in their closets- and that does not sit well with the DEA.

Marc was pissing off the dea with his atitude about Over Growing The Goverment (they said this). Why? Because his plan had some teeth to it. With all the cash being funneled into weed-legalizing efforts (what the DEA calls "money laundering") AND millions of growers obtaining state of the art plant-genes that produce the highest THC content ever heard of- we have a big loser for the DEA. Not to mention what a slap in the face the DEA gets when they see this going on in the open by their biggest trading partner next door. They will stop at nothing to halt the progress!

Dont underestimate the impact of those high quality seeds on the weed market. When a grower can freely and openly shop for whatever type of seed he needs for outdoor/indoor gardens that translates to more high quality herb on the market for the smokers. I know that in my area the buds have got steadly better over the past few years.

I think Marc had a lot to do with the amount of high quality bud being grown around the world... and I think Marc has done more to move the legalzation movment forward than anyone else in the world. Sure, many of the seed strains were developed elsewhere- but Marc made them much easier for growers to get. If things were to stay this easy for the growers, there would obviosly be even less the DEA could do to continue their war upon our freedom. We owe much of what we have now to Marc.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (09/24/05 01:38 PM)

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4704885 - 09/24/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Dude he's just as guilty as Bill Gates is except he donates his money to legalize pot in Canada. The majority of his customers don't even live in Canada or else they would most likely be starting of with clones. Why should we care what happens with the legalization in Canada? It's not like the US will follow their example anyways. Marc held a monopoly over the market by buying out all the breeders and charging ludicrous prices for his seeds. I'm glad his out of the game.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #4704997 - 09/24/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Dude he's just as guilty as Bill Gates is except he donates his money to legalize pot in Canada. The majority of his customers don't even live in Canada or else they would most likely be starting of with clones. Why should we care what happens with the legalization in Canada? It's not like the US will follow their example anyways. Marc held a monopoly over the market by buying out all the breeders and charging ludicrous prices for his seeds. I'm glad his out of the game.

Man, I never expected that kind of remark from a member of this site. Just what side are you on in the drug war anyway? I guess I'm reminded why I stoped surfing to this site as much as I used too.

To compare Marc Emery to Bill Gates is obsurd. If you look into the public records of Marc Emery you will find he has nothing to hide. He operated in the open, paid taxes to the goverment of Canada- In SPITE of Canada law. Of corse he is guilty of breaking weed-laws! Like how the heck are we supposed to get things legalized if we dont break the law? I supposed we all could take the atitude of High Times magazine, and sorta hide behind some fake buds and pretend things will change with us doing nothing.

Who cares how much he charged for seeds? Ya cant afford 'em?- Dont Buy 'em! It blows my mind that his price on seeds were even an issue with anybody... shesh. What do you expect from a person taking on the risk of life in prision? A discount?

Why should Americans care about what happens in Canada? Because OUR goverment is telling another goverment what to do! Canada has no problem with Marc- Why should America have the right to go over there and use Canada's cops to arrest him to be tried over here???

Man, I miss the times when people on this site shared the same vision. I guess I'm reminded why I dont post here very often these days. Somewhere over the years The Shroomery lossed it's vision.... After all, were all criminals here. This forum is about the politics of drugs, and here of all places I would not of expected such a conservative sounding atitude.

Do many others here share your opinion of not giving a shit or wishing to see Marc extradited and sent to prision? 'cause I'm really curious how wide spread your views are here.  :smirk:

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (09/24/05 01:44 PM)

Stranger

#4705270 - 09/24/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Jammer said:
Do many others here share your opinion of not giving a shit or wishing to see Marc extradited and sent to prision? 'cause I'm really curious how wide spread your views are here.  :smirk:

I don't, everyone else in this thread doesn't either. I think he just wants a rise out of people. Do you really think that if Canada had legal pot this would have no effect whatsoever on the US???? WTF MAN?! The US would be so flooded with Canadian pot 1) THE PRICE WOULD DROP DRAMATICALLY 2) THE DEA WOUDN'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT 3)PEOPLE WOULD SEE WHAT A WASTE IT IS TO BE SPENDING TAX DOLLARS TO POLICE POT

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4705307 - 09/24/05 01:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

4) The US would take some extreme actions against Canada. I don't know what exactly the US would do, but it would never sit by and let one of its neighbors legalize a psychologically addictive drug without taking serious actions.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Stranger

Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: Ravus]
    #4705404 - 09/24/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

5) Canada cuts off all trade with the US. US goes into severe depression due to constant blackouts, lack of potash, uranium, nickel and many other minerals, oil, lumber, grain to feed your billion or so livestock and water. :grin:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds