Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLance85
Stranger
Mycodome
    #4689616 - 09/21/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Any experiences with it?

I'm a complete beginner, not sure really where i'm going to set this up yet (anywhere near house is risky due to family, maybe in a forest somewhere? Lol). First thing i saw was PK Tek Beginner Kit then i found the Mycodome. Mycodome catches my eye ... probably due to the advertising. Just looking for some hands on experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycodome [Re: Lance85]
    #4689651 - 09/21/05 09:55 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Have you purchased it yet? If not, I would recommend making your own setup. It would be way cheaper and you could make it to suit your stealth needs. That bucket dome may be hard to hide.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: Mycodome [Re: FooMan]
    #4689692 - 09/21/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
Have you purchased it yet? If not, I would recommend making your own setup. It would be way cheaper and you could make it to suit your stealth needs. That bucket dome may be hard to hide.

I second that

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Offlinerygo796
Meat Popsicle
 User Gallery

#4689695 - 09/21/05 10:22 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There are many teks on this site that are much cheaper and much more efficient than mycodome. I would recomend trying out wild bird seed, its easily gotten at any walmart/petstore and I have gotten good yields of potent mushrooms off of it

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Mycodome [Re: rygo796]
    #4689723 - 09/21/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There was a contest in the market place where you could win a microdome but I think its over now. It was funny because you had to bad mouth the thing and I guess the funnest one, won the microdome :smile: My submission was "The shrooms those microdomes grow are smaller than a midgets penis" :smile:

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: Mycodome [Re: rygo796]
    #4689729 - 09/21/05 10:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if you use Wild Bird Seed you could spawn to some horse poo outside in a shaded area. stealthy enuff for ya?

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: Mycodome [Re: thenewguy05]
    #4689794 - 09/21/05 10:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you need help, I can point you in the proper direction to make your own mycodome for ~$25.
I used to have a tek here a couple years ago. That pissed those vendors off.

OfflineLance85
Stranger
Re: Mycodome [Re: Drummer]
    #4689829 - 09/21/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well i'm just beginning in my research on this. The PK Tek seemed nice and cheap .... but .... the microdome seemed so easy with that "3 in 1" design and everything. I'm probably just completely falling for the advertising being a noob at this. Spores are cheap, and it would probably be much more worth it for me to make something (or PK kit) nice and cheap too.

Sure i'd love to hear about any cheap designs or something. After seeing the Microdome video, it's alot cheaper looking than the picture. The picture looked like this solid industrial dome, the video showed cheap ass plastic that probably cost them nothing to make, but selling for $200!

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
    #4689861 - 09/21/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You are exaclty right you can buy 3 domes for $15. The rest is cheap and easy as well.
Hell you can even use a fish tank if you have one.
Here is a fish tank I did a long time ago..

And this picture is from a cake in the mycodome I made for less than $20.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4689868 - 09/21/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

First, get some jars and do the PF Tek . Once your jars are colonized, just put them in a transparent container (rubbermaid, aquarium, large dish with a clear lid) with some wet perlite on the bottom. Expose it to indirect light, try to keep the temperature in the 74-78F range and open the container to fan it out a minimum of 3-4 times a day.

If you need something more automated, look up the PMP (Poor Man's Pod).

This was my setup with a 10 gal aquarium:

This was my PMP:

Then there's always a double tub:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineLance85
Stranger
    #4690126 - 09/21/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm definately looking for something more automated. Poor man's pod sounds great, didn't find anything in the forums much about it. Is it a guide on the site? B/c i'll research it later when i get back from work if so.

I checked out the PK Tech, I can't be doing anything to obvious around the house. Something automated would be fantastic.

Thanks for all the help so far, i'm surprized how many people use this board and respond so often. It's excellent. If you have any thing else to say, point me to the door.

Thanks alot guys,
Lance

OfflineLance85
Stranger
    #4693868 - 09/22/05 02:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, i've been doing some research. Poor man's pod sounds great, not sure about how easily i can conceal it though, especially if i'll need light.

So i'm thinking, sterilize the tupperware/jar/whatever in the microwave. inoculate it, reseal the holes you made to inject with tape. Put it in my closet, checking daily to see when it's colonizes and ready. Then throw it in the poor man's pod until it's completely done fruiting.

Colonizing can be room temperature, same with fruiting. Only heat is basically to sterilize it all when you start. So i sterilize, inject and colonize, fruit then dry?

I think i'm getting the big picture here. BTW, any ideas with Poor Man's pod or other automated and concealable idea is appreciated.

Edited by Lance85 (09/22/05 03:38 AM)

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4693941 - 09/22/05 04:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lance85 said:
any ideas with Poor Man's pod or other automated and concealable idea is appreciated.

Poor Man s Pod

I used perlite instead of geolite with mine. I tried lava rocks too, they suck! Lava rocks are heavy, messy and hard to make perfectly level.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
    #4693947 - 09/22/05 04:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I mad my own mycodome type thing.
Dollar Store
Waste Basket - $1
Round tupperware container - $1
Cake taker - $1
Pet Store
Air pump - $10-$15

Thats it. Put your air pump in the bottom of the waste basket. Take the round tupperware container put it above the air pump. Tubes from the air pump to the tupperware. Tubes from tupperweare out through top of tupperware. Fill tupperware with water and a little hydrogen peroxide. Put cakes on top of tupperware lid. Place cake taker lid on top of waste basket. Plug in and let it do its magic! Its portable, easy to hide, and is 100% maintenence free. Just refill the water for every batch of cakes. No need for messy perlite or fanning. This is automated.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineLance85
Stranger
Re: Mycodome [Re: deficitism]
    #4701019 - 09/23/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm going to just get jars, do the PF Tek gig until colonized. Plan on using the microwave to sterilize. It'll take less time and be easier to do when my parents are gone for a couple hours or something.

I have a place to put the PMP, i have a crawl space in my room, it's fully insulated (see the pink fiberglass all over) and it stays warm and humid. I'll have to check the temperature to make sure it's less than 80, which i'm sure it will be. But the PMP should cover the temperature anyways i think.

Only issue is getting 'some' light to it. I don't want to keep a light on in there or anything, is there a solution? Putting the light on only when i sleep or something in there?

I'm pumped, going to start with B+ strain b/c i keep hearing it's all around a great strain.

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #4701077 - 09/23/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You shouldn't be growing drugs in any house without permission from the person whose name is on the lease or title.  :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycodome [Re: Bamaman]
    #4701109 - 09/23/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

We can preach and preach.... They just don't give a fuck Bamaman. I'm sure there is a great excuse for why he has to hide it though. :smirk:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #4701179 - 09/23/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lance85 said:
It'll take less time and be easier to do when my parents are gone for a couple hours or something.

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

OfflineLance85
Stranger
Re: Mycodome [Re: Bamaman]
    #4701225 - 09/23/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's a moot point now anyways. It's not illegal until you eat/try to sell them right? Isn't it perfectly fine to grow them for research purposes?

I keep going back and forth in my head, i'm thinking i'd be best off just getting the PK Beginner's Tek for $40 and a spore syringe (or print considering it comes with a empty syringe) for simplicity reasons. It seems to have it all down allready.

I can't believe how cheap it is to grow this stuff. How nice!

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#4701423 - 09/23/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Many people are confused on there local laws regarding this subject I dont know where you live so you will have to check into it yourself. What I do know is that in many united states and canada the active chemicals (Psilocyban (bin), ect) ARE illegal and so is anything that contains them no matter growing/wet/dry.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom