Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefathertracy
#1 Douchebag
 User Gallery

Growkits illegal in US?
    #4700810 - 09/23/05 03:54 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, I'm kind of confused. I understand that mushroom spores are perfectly legal in the U.S. because they contain no psilocybin or psilocyn right? What about the grow kits? I've seen on a few websites advertising growkits that they can't sell to the U.S. Why? How can it be illegal to have a grow kit, there is certainly no psilocybin in that. I understand its illegal to grow them, but how can the kit itself be illegal? Its like bongs being legal to have, just not once you use them.

Can someone please clarify this for me?

Ryan

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: Growkits illegal in US? [Re: fathertracy]
    #4700825 - 09/23/05 03:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah. Its america. Its how we do things here. Its easy, just think of the most logical way to do something, write it on a peice of paper and place it in a file under "communism" or "terrorism", lock the file away and forget about it, and focus on doing something completely ridiculous, while at the same time, maintaining as much profit as possible.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4700831 - 09/23/05 03:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

the kits that are sold in europe, which are illegal in the US, are the ones that contain live mycelia from psilocybes...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#4700841 - 09/23/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

pf got in trouble for supplying spores and instructions on how to grow mushrooms.

Spores alone don't constitute sufficient evidence of intention to grow mushrooms - they're just for microscopic inspection, right?

However, a grow kit is pretty much sinks that excuse.

If the cops can prove that you're intending to grow mushrooms, you're guilty even if you've never been within 1000 ft. of psilocybin. Likewise, anybody providing you with the means to grow mushrooms when there's no doubt that what you're going to do with them is guilty of conspiracy.

So, spores are legal in the US, but not if you intend to grow them.

Offlinefathertracy
#1 Douchebag
 User Gallery

Re: Growkits illegal in US? [Re: phi1618]
    #4700857 - 09/23/05 04:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Couldn't the growkits be used to grow other types of mushrooms that aren't Illegal? I mean as long as the company supplying you with the kit isn't also supplying you with the spores. Are there any grow kits available in the US that aren't illegal, but still fairly easy to use?

--------------------

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#4700863 - 09/23/05 04:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Got Jars?

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: Growkits illegal in US? [Re: phi1618]
    #4700869 - 09/23/05 04:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, i have done some study on psilocybe cases, and even though it is based on state to state laws, it seems that the defining factor is whether or not they are still in the substrate.

Two cases made this point clear. One was an Iowa case and the other an Arizona case (i think). One person was guilty , because they were drying, or atleast out of the substrate, the other was innocent because they had not yet been plucked.

Basically, a plucked mushroom is then considered a container of psilocybin. But to consider a mushroom, still in the substrate/ground/earth , to be illegal would mean the arrest of every single farmer with cows.

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Growkits illegal in US? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4700907 - 09/23/05 04:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If you're have the equipment for an indoor grow, and have jars, substrate, an incubator, and spores, and instuctions on growing mushrooms, I'm pretty sure you can be convicted.

Even if there're no mushrooms, no mycelium involved.

On the other hand, I'm sure you're right. If you happen to have a pile of composting manure and straw in your back yard that happens to have mushrooms sprouting out of it, I imagine you're in the clear.

If you can cite cases, though, that'd be a help in clearing things up.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Growkits illegal in US? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4701615 - 09/23/05 06:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Basically, a plucked mushroom is then considered a container of psilocybin. But to consider a mushroom, still in the substrate/ground/earth , to be illegal would mean the arrest of every single farmer with cows.

i wouldnt put it past the neocons to do so either..with the full blessing and support of john roberts...in practice there are many plants that contain illegal substances..which you are more likely than not to have on your property...and if the neocons want an excuse to loot out large populations and make them into convict slave labour..then they need only interpret the controlled-substance container law as such...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4701846 - 09/23/05 07:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It all hinges on intent... if you grow legal mushrooms with a kit, you are not breaking the law... if you intend to grow illegal mushrooms, even a spore syringe is illegal...

every once in a while, i get somebody emailing something like "yo mike, i was thinking about growing some magic mushrooms large scale... what would you charge for 12 cases of jars?"

I can't sell anything to these people, even though i'm losing a potentially big sale, because if i did i could be charged with conspiracy...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope, Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion