Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevehementz
4 hundred andtwenty gnomes
Male
alternative ways of taking salvia?
    #4695225 - 09/22/05 01:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

my pal told me that you can do salvia extract by sticking it under your tounge and leaving it there for a while? does this work and what would the affects be? also is there any alternative ways to do salvia besides smoking??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: alternative ways of taking salvia? [Re: vehementz]
    #4695272 - 09/22/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard of people eating salvia in large amounts, but I've never known anyone who's done this or done it myself... Would you really want to trip on salvia for a couple hours in the first place? Most people I've talked to wouldn't...

... Maybe you could stick it up your ass  :lol:  :tongue2:

(Eh, don't take that seriously...)

Edited by StickyWater (09/22/05 01:14 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: alternative ways of taking salvia? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4696310 - 09/22/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

sticking it places is no good at all

salvinorin is a waxy crystalline solid
the quids have to be chewed to liberate the salvinorin and to aggravate it into the gums. whithout chewing you need to dissolve it like elixir and drink or absorb it buccally. sublingual is a misnomer for the oral route.

you would not want to aggravate your ass now would you?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: alternative ways of taking salvia? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4696437 - 09/22/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
you would not want to aggravate your ass now would you?

That's deffinitely going on my list of favourite quotes...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: alternative ways of taking salvia? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4696478 - 09/22/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

... Maybe you could stick it up your ass
(Eh, don't take that seriously...)

actually i will :grin:
Sticking Salvia where the sun don't shine is a bad idea. Salvia is loaded with tannins (as you can readily taste when chewing leaves) and tannins (used to coagulate/tan hide into leather) are things you definately don't want in your hind quarters.

Quote:

salvinorin is a waxy crystalline solid
the quids have to be chewed to liberate the salvinorin and to aggravate it into the gums. whithout chewing you need to dissolve it like elixir and drink or absorb it buccally.

Agreed!
I myself prefer to chew fresh leaves straight off the plant above smoking. It's milder, more controlled, and it peaks in 15min, lasts 45min more and then drops off during another hour. Very pleasurable in small quantities, closed eye visuals get all the time to unfold that way.

Once I made a 5x extract with acetone, deliberately rubbed my hands with some salvia-acetone and got clearly intoxicated in a salvia way.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinevehementz
Male
Re: alternative ways of taking salvia? [Re: Asante]
    #4696518 - 09/22/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

howbout sticking it under your tounge and sucking on it like dip or chewing tobbaco?

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#4696524 - 09/22/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

smoking is the best way. made a tincture looking for the 2 hour salvia trip. Yes, im one of those people that want salvia to last a long time. The truth is its just not nearly as effective and on top of that the tincture tastes like ass! your supposed to keep in in your mouth for like 30 seconds. try keeping it in your mouth for 3 seconds! horribe and burning!

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4696602 - 09/22/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

smoking is the best way. made a tincture looking for the 2 hour salvia trip. Yes, im one of those people that want salvia to last a long time. The truth is its just not nearly as effective and on top of that the tincture tastes like ass! your supposed to keep in in your mouth for like 30 seconds. try keeping it in your mouth for 3 seconds! horribe and burning!

Tincture is entirely artificial. Concentrated alcohol burns. It's pretty lousy to enter the state with pain in your mouth.
Chew leaves, preferably fresh off the plant.

Quote:

howbout sticking it under your tounge and sucking on it like dip or chewing tobbaco?

Redgreenvines knows best!
Chewing is the most efficient oral way and it isd less unpleasant than keeping it there. Fresh leaves taste like very bitter spinach with a hint of lemon. Its a honest veggie bitter though, not the bile-like kind, and you get used to it during the chew.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#4696627 - 09/22/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

what do you have against smoking it. i dont think you can trip nearly as hard off chewing it as you can by hitting that 20x man...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinevehementz
Male
Re: alternative ways of taking salvia? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #4696804 - 09/22/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i dunno just something to do cuz i got a really bullshit class in school and smoking it i can get caught easy.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4699601 - 09/23/05 08:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

what do you have against smoking it.

Let me start off with being very clear: Occasionally I smoke Salvia 10x extract and I'm of the opinion that such sporadic use has no detrimental effects, being comparable to taking a few drafts of a friend's cigarette once every month or less often. My beef is with the experience it evokes.

Quote:

i dont think you can trip nearly as hard off chewing it as you can by hitting that 20x man...

The question I want to counter that with may seem bewildering but:

should you trip nearly as hard as when you hit a 20x extract?

No, I mean: really. Many people who take a draft of 20x come away with an overwhelming sense of unpleasantness and unbearable alienation. People get a pharmacological whack of a sledgehammer right on their Reality, often in a place where they can't take it. They turn inside out a thousand times and five minutes later they are sitting there, head spinning, wondeing WTF happened and WhyTF they did such a thing. They start disrespecting Salvia, personally and publically.

I believe Salvia should only be smoked in a dose which keeps your head together. Not because of safety issues particularly, but the experience otherwise is too intense for it's duration.
I believe smoked Salvia lasts too short and that many people therefore take too much.

If you chew salvia however you see the following trajectory:

00:00h start chewing
00:05h effects start
00:15h effects reach plateau; stop chewing
01:00h plateau starts to decline
02:00h nearly back to baseline

at any moment you can decide to take a few more fresh leaves and use them to prolong or intensify your Journey. You can sit there and have a psychedelic journey in the first hour, then discuss in the second and walk to the cinema somewhere in the third. Or you may sit there with your friends on a hot summers day, a pitcher of lemonade, some snacks and a platter with fresh Salvia leaves on the table and spend the day Experiencing, relaxing, chit-chatting with your friends, occasionally taking some leaves off the platter and chewing them to regain altitude and stay there all day long.

Chewing leaves and quidding is roughly the way in which the natives use Salvia. If you only chew one or a few leaves you will feel a tranquility and dreaminess which would be meaningless with smoking but which is heavenly relaxing and inviting to contemplation when you chew it. That is something you could share with your curious but not-too-adventurous grandma.

If you however chew a bunch of leaves and go for capacity you can have a roaring wild trip which has you whiteknuckledly holding onto your seat on what might be the wildest ride of your life.

From a lazy, euphoric granny dose to a wild entheogenic voyage amidst the stars: you can have it as intense or mellow as you want to have it when chewing Salvia.

Its a perfect way to introduce any newbie to the Psychedelic Experience. DMT and smoked Salvia can be so far beyond fun that your buddy doesnt want to speak with you anymore for weeks :frown:
Chewed salvia can be as mild or wild as you decide you want it to be.
If you have a few plants your Salvia needs, chew or smoke, are covered and the price of leaves is paid in pottingsoil, watering and a bit of houseplant fert.

There is no excuse: GET A LIVE PLANT! MAKE CUTTINGS! GIVE THEM TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY! If you don't do that you will one day kick yourself for nmot having listened, when the Law has taken Salvia offline.

GET A PLANT!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4699615 - 09/23/05 08:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

i dunno just something to do cuz i got a really bullshit class in school and smoking it i can get caught easy.

How old are you young man!
That's fucked up :mad:

Salvia is *not* a drug to get fucked up. You'll end up getting fucked over and bring the legal status of Salvia in peril.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #4699793 - 09/23/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
There is no excuse: GET A LIVE PLANT! MAKE CUTTINGS! GIVE THEM TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY! If you don't do that you will one day kick yourself for nmot having listened, when the Law has taken Salvia offline.

GET A PLANT!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #4699808 - 09/23/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've smoked Salvia and also quidded quite successfully.

IMO both are quite different but with the same background tinge so to speak.

As with any Salvia experience you have to be respectful.

I really love this plant! She's a lovely lady!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: alternative ways of taking salvia? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #4700547 - 09/23/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yes you should hit it as big and hard as you can. you should get your assemblage point dislocated as far as possible! WHY in the world would you want "your head together" all that means to me is to keep your assemblage point in the fixed position! the whole point (for me anyway) is to shift it out side of the aura inorder to travel new worlds. but hey, im much different then most people... learning is scary... but its our lot as men.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinephlegmbae
PhlegmaticPhlamboyant Phreak
Male
Loc: Ceased to Exist
    #4700885 - 09/23/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

figures!

--------------------
I'm a hole in time, in a time that's full of holes

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
    #4701052 - 09/23/05 02:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

Its a perfect way to introduce any newbie to the Psychedelic Experience. DMT and smoked Salvia can be so far beyond fun that your buddy doesnt want to speak with you anymore for weeks :frown:
Chewed salvia can be as mild or wild as you decide you want it to be.
If you have a few plants your Salvia needs, chew or smoke, are covered and the price of leaves is paid in pottingsoil, watering and a bit of houseplant fert.

GET A PLANT!

That was the most compelling case for salvia that I've read.  Ever.  The scant handful of times I've smoked salvia I've been greeted with a very unplesant distortion of reality (the only experience that came close to positive was looking behind me at the end of a trip, and realizing that there was an entire other side of the Universe behind me!!!)  I discounted chewing leaves after some initial research into the plant, due to the long time it had to be held in the mouth (I'm impatient like that sometimes) but after reading that, I think I might give it a try sometime. 

Oh, and to the kid who wanted to try salvia in school, what the hell are you thinking?  Not much apparently.  It's things like tripping your face off in school that give the entire psychadelic community a bad name, and only encourages people who want to crack down on us harder.  Don't mess with psychoactive chemicals in school because "your bored". 

You could at least wait till school ends for the day for Christ's sake.  If I could do it at your age, so can you.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder