Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Phluck]
    #4705536 - 09/24/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What does photographic evidence matter now that we have Photoshop? Any bum could forge a photograph a UFO.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Phluck]
    #4705545 - 09/24/05 02:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I see the head/neck part, that looks like a Goose.. It's the rest of the body that I'm having a hard time seeing as a bird. It looks like a teenaged mutant ninja turtle with titanium armor on it.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Ravus]
    #4705618 - 09/24/05 02:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If they're standing at a higher elevation from the cows, and it appears they are, a bird could easily fly past from that perspective.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4705622 - 09/24/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
What does photographic evidence matter now that we have Photoshop? Any bum could forge a photograph a UFO.

I was talking about videos.

It's not that easy to realistically forge a video.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Annom]
    #4706034 - 09/24/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
It's fun that Aliens are always close the earth organisms in films, stories and peoples minds. I don't see any reason why Aliens also need our DNA, breath oxygen, eat, shit and pie like us. There are so many different things that might be able.

Yes there are. However, the most common form of intelligent physical life in the universe is the Human form. But intelligent life can evolve in many shapes and sizes. Carbon-based, Plasma-based, etc.. It depends on whatever the dominant species was on that planet. It could be a reptile, it could be an insect, it could be a feline.. but usually it's human. The plasma based beings, you wouldn't even consider an intelligent entity until it started talking to you.. it's a blob. There are also many different forms of intelligent species especially after genetic engineering.
If this is my fantasy.. I've got a damn good imagination. Humans are so ignorant, until they learn. We are not so special as to be alone, and the most technologically advanced species in the universe. We are infants on the cosmic scale.. newborns.. evolutionarily speaking. To assume we have it even slightly figured out is a fallacy. To assume that light speed travel is impossible when we know nothing is also a fallacy. There is an infinite universe with a very wide range of intelligent life out there. We are specks. We best learn to get along as a planet and be a little humble before trying to make collective contact to civilizations that have perhaps existed and developed for millions of years beyond our own. Maybe we can learn a thing or two.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Shroomism]
    #4706172 - 09/24/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Understandable. But combine the many ancient texts with descriptions of sentient beings coming from flaming chariots in the sky with the dogon tribe plus the millions of personal encounters with these beings, the many government documents, taking into account the infinite vastness that is our universe, and our technology level, being at a pretty low level in human evolution.. combine that with all the black dots on pictures, and it's not hard to imagine a different scenario. Earth is highly populated with life, and we are one planet, in a minor solar system (which we have not left), on the outer reaches of the Milky Way. A galaxy containing some 200 billion stars.. billions or trillions of galaxies existing that are known> logic and rational thinking tells me we are not alone.

I am convinced that there must be life elsewhere in the universe. But I am equally convinced that the laws of physics would prevent anything that we could recognize as life from travelling the impossibly great distances between stars. It takes light about 3 years to travel to us from our nearest neighboring star, Alpha Centauri. This is light we're talking about -- the fastest thing in the universe. And as far as I know, no planets have been detected on Alpha Centauri, which means that any alien civilization out there lives much further out. I don't care how advanced a civilization is -- they can't beat the laws of physics.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Silversoul]
    #4706218 - 09/24/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is light we're talking about -- the fastest thing in the universe.
As far as we know so far, with our yet limited understanding of universe...

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Shroomism]
    #4706226 - 09/24/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If this is my fantasy.. I've got a damn good imagination.

A talking plasma blob isn't so far fetched that nobody could think it up without encountering a real one.

There nothing too weird for you to dream it up. If you can wrap your mind around it, you can dream it up.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Annom]
    #4706255 - 09/24/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
After reading your posts, title and sig I think your believe is a result of wishful thinking.

Wishful thinking is interpreting facts, reports, events, perceptions, etc., according to what one would like to be the case rather than according to the actual evidence.

Why would I wish aliens were visiting our planet and taking people against their will?

Why would anyone???

In fact, I think that fear is a prevailant part of the psychology here.

To be honest, I don't think those pictures are good evidence either... :blush:

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#4706272 - 09/24/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Understandable. But combine the many ancient texts with descriptions of sentient beings coming from flaming chariots in the sky with the dogon tribe plus the millions of personal encounters with these beings, the many government documents, taking into account the infinite vastness that is our universe, and our technology level, being at a pretty low level in human evolution.. combine that with all the black dots on pictures, and it's not hard to imagine a different scenario. Earth is highly populated with life, and we are one planet, in a minor solar system (which we have not left), on the outer reaches of the Milky Way. A galaxy containing some 200 billion stars.. billions or trillions of galaxies existing that are known> logic and rational thinking tells me we are not alone.

Exactly,  :thumbup: The bigger picture certainly suggests et could already be here.

When you see them yourself, you can't deny it.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Silversoul]
    #4706313 - 09/24/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
I don't care how advanced a civilization is -- they can't beat the laws of physics.

You seem to be missing the point here:

A few quotes from histories great skepics:
Lord Kelvin British physicist - "heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."

Robert Millikan Nobel Prize physicist - "There is no likelyhood that man can ever tap the power of the atom."

Dr F.R. Moulton University of Chicago astronomer - "there is no hope for the fanciful idea of reaching the moon because of insurmountable barriers to escaping the Earth's gravity."

Besides, theres other posabilities such as planet hopping. :eek:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Ego Death]
    #4706336 - 09/24/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'd love to be wrong about this, but as we rapidly approach a theory of everything, we are still no closer to being able to achieve such feats. Also, supposing an alien civilization were capable of achieving the insurmountable task of interstellar travel, why would they go to all that trouble just to appear in a few blurry photographs? Either they would want to make their presence known, in which case they could simply land in a big city and walk out of their spaceship, or they want to remain unknown, in which case they wouldn't be witnessed by UFO enthusiasts.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#4706392 - 09/24/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Watch actual footage taken by Brighton Police over the Sussex skies...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/fun_stuff/weird/ufo.shtml

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#4706413 - 09/24/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Offlineqhr0me
o = oo
Loc: sun diego, ca
    #4706548 - 09/24/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
but as we rapidly approach a theory of everything ... interstellar travel ... walk out of their spaceship ... remain unknown.

i don't care what wiki says on the TOE subject, but we're nowhere close to approaching anything on that subject matter. on the contrary, we seem to get more and more confused the more we try to put together the very small (quantum shit) with the very big (cosomology & general relativity).

also, i would imagine a civilization advanced enough to do the interstellar trip thing would employ some kind of level 5 technology (to put it in shroom trip terms), rather than use stupid spaceships with freezers aboard. moreover, we'd prolly be ants compared to them and how often do you get out of your truck to commune with an anthill when you cross death valley?-)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: qhr0me]
    #4706577 - 09/24/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It seems to me that any species capable of interstellar travel would be so radically different from us that we couldn't even recognize it as life. I could imagine beings of pure energy accomplishing this task, but they wouldn't need a flying saucer.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4706624 - 09/24/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"Pure energy"? So "pure energy" can go faster than the speed of light?

Explain, as you're using energy in that mystical context that many pseudoscientists do, distinguishing it from the four forces of the universe but saying "ENERGY MAN!" as if they expect me to assume their vitalist beliefs.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Diploid, here are the incidents that you have not researched and can't account for... [Re: Ravus]
    #4706677 - 09/24/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
"Pure energy"? So "pure energy" can go faster than the speed of light?

I never said it could. Light is a form of energy. I was merely saying that if it were possible for energy to have consciousness(and thus be a sort of "lifeform") then it could achieve interstellar travel(though we wouldn't be able to recognize it if such beings were here).

--------------------

Offlineqhr0me
o = oo
Loc: sun diego, ca
    #4706708 - 09/24/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

get with the wormhole program, man!  or learn to surf the crest of the expansion!  500 fucking years from now, you can be sure einstein's relativity laws will be about as cutting edge in terms of space travel as newton's laws of motion apply today at the large hadron collider in geneva!

sure bet, newton's laws are rock solid (in a certain context) and einstein's laws will remain rock solid (in a certain other context), but new contexts pop up all the time, so while "pure energy" traveling at supraluminal speeds may be pseudoscience today, we may very well have matter moving around at warp 10 soon enough.  maybe not in our lifetime, but certainly the shroomery will survive to see it all  :rolleyes:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4706915 - 09/24/05 08:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"The aliens are here, man.

The universe is highly populated.

Denying it doesn't change anything"

The first point is unsuppoted opinion. The second is possible to be true. The third is not logically sound.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale