Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Loc: Continental United States
2nd Generation...
    #469812 - 11/26/01 06:39 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I am awating prints for Cambos and will be making my own syringes and cultivating. Once these are mature I will make my own prints. Is is correct to assume that these 2nd generation cambos will be somewhat "inferior" to the 1st generation? Should I clone the 1st generation instead?

:-)

--------------------
[red] Life:[/red][blue] Live it foward, understand it backward...[/blue]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: 2nd Generation... [Re: Mklangelo]
    #469820 - 11/26/01 07:03 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i think you'd have better luck with honey-water or taking prints. Cloning is iffy, unless you're handy with agar and have a good glovebox.

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
    #469870 - 11/26/01 09:38 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Here's a simple method to cloning. This is what dude does.

1. prepare your honey water jar normally.
2. prepare sterile syringe with water inside (this would probably work w/o any water in the syringe, but dude has always done it with).
3. inside your glovebox, peel the stem of your desired mushroom to clone, back to the cap.
4. take a core sample of the mushroom stem(the inside\ never touched part) with your syringe.(DON'T suck core sample into the syringe, just leave it in the needle tip)
5. inject core sample into your honeywater jar.

within a few days, you will see mycelium starting to grow from the fragment you cored and injected. Treat as regular honeywater. You now have isolated mycelium, cloned from your chosen fruit, without the hassles of agar.

BTW: dude uses nothing more than a cleaned and lysol-sprayed 10gal. aquarium, covered with plastic wrap for his glove box. He has accomplished about a 99% success rate for making syringes and a 90-95% success rate for cloning using this method.

Oq

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineScourge
The Dr.
Loc: Near flint Michgan, USA
    #469880 - 11/26/01 09:48 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I could be mistaken as i have never cloned myself. I'm fairly sure that the clone would be the second generation and somewhat inferior. The print would be just as the first. Think about how many generations the mushroms has gone though throughout history though spore procreation. you think they get inferior though time? If i'm wrong someone reply to this thred and let me know. if i am i would LOVE to see the original F1 of the specie.

--------------------
"Those who walk in Love and Truth shall grow in Honor and Strength."

OfflineHigh_Beemz
journeyman
Re: 2nd Generation... [Re: Scourge]
    #469888 - 11/26/01 09:57 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I know that according to what many people have said in the past is that the more generations taken can affect the new mushrooms. This usually happens when the shroomies are grown on the same substrate over and over and over and over again. When this happens, according to what I have read, the mycelium will take liking to this certain kind of substrate and not do so well on others and possibly lose strength, but I haven't experimented, and it would probably take many years for any recognizable difference in the mushrooms.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale