Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDaddyCrotch
The Mista

Best Place to Shroom?
    #4690698 - 09/21/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My buddies and I are comin up on our third time shrooming. Every time we've done it so far we've just done the usual "alright lets just hang out at a house together....thatll be cool." I've heard seen several different posts on the best music to shroom to....but im just wondering what everyone's favorite time of day/place to do it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineart
Stranger
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: DaddyCrotch]
    #4690703 - 09/21/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

outside with no one else around.

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: art]
    #4690772 - 09/21/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

outside on a clear night in a field or forest. it's better then any indoor setting you can possibly have.

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

Offlinenovorua
Waterholic
Loc: Texas
    #4690794 - 09/21/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've tripped once and it was a bad trip, but yet I loved it. It was inside the house with 2 of my friends. Next time I want to trip outside in the nature, maybe by myself. But then again I will probably get a sitter until I am used to shrooms.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: novorua]
    #4690826 - 09/21/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

outside somewhere, away from people, in an area with as many trees as you can find, in my opinion it's best to find a spot that's shaded but isn't too far away from somewhere more sunny (incase you start getting the chills or just get a bad vibe from all the dimed light, it's happened). If you can play an instrument like guitar (acoustic) or something, bring that along, otherwise a portable cd player or something will do (but in my experience, music has never sounded as amazing on shrooms while listening to it through a cd as it did while I was playing it on the guitar, not to mention the COV's I was having while playing, you could make a trippy movie in your head with your own soundtrack and everything). But yeah, in my experience, outside in the daylight is the best place/time to trip, playing guitar is the best activity to do while tripping.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4690947 - 09/21/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Outside or somewhere free where you feel safe. A hotel with nothing on you, walk around and see a movie, or museum or light show. Out in the woods. Beach. My favorite place to trip is water parks...sooo much fun.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4690998 - 09/21/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

On the beach 2 hours before sunrise. Its like watching the sky develop... Watching the sky resurrect the beauty that is the sun. Takes my breath away.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4691015 - 09/21/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

INDOORS!!! :crankey:

Haha, just kidding.  :rofl2: Nah, definitely the place to be is somewhere outside with few people.  Bonus points for:

Being able to blast loud music.
Taking a variety bag of citrus fruits for snacks.
Bringing an animal.
Bringing a girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other.
Being naked.
Combining the above in a way you see fit.
:sperm:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Best Place to Shroom? *DELETED* [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4693861 - 09/22/05 02:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: snuggle

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: Lakefingers]
    #4693939 - 09/22/05 04:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

^^ yeah true, naked and animals? not sure if that sounds too healthy.

How about ontop of a lookout mountain with walking tracks? I have a few of them close by.

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: shrooma]
    #4694091 - 09/22/05 07:07 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

On top of a lookout mountain in the afternoon and watch the sun set (I'm not a morning person) Sounds like a PERFECT setting to me...

Actualy, now that I think about it a bit more, that actualy sounds soo good I'm partialy jealous, god I hate living in the city, only natural area suitable for shrooming within a 1.5 hour drive is the park, and even then, most of the trees have been cut down to build the 2 playgournds, walking paths, restaurant, roads, and a whole bunch of other useless stuff. Though the dog walking path is nice.

Edited by StickyWater (09/22/05 07:11 AM)

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
    #4694099 - 09/22/05 07:14 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shrooma said:
^^ yeah true, naked and animals? not sure if that sounds too healthy.

Ewwww! Didn't mean it like that:blush: 

Disclaimer: Use common sense in applying my suggestions... perverts. :rofl:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
    #4697185 - 09/22/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

StickyWater said:
On top of a lookout mountain in the afternoon and watch the sun set (I'm not a morning person) Sounds like a PERFECT setting to me...

Actualy, now that I think about it a bit more, that actualy sounds soo good I'm partialy jealous, god I hate living in the city, only natural area suitable for shrooming within a 1.5 hour drive is the park, and even then, most of the trees have been cut down to build the 2 playgournds, walking paths, restaurant, roads, and a whole bunch of other useless stuff. Though the dog walking path is nice.

Hey use this to your advantage! Shroom trips should be more of a big deal then if you have to travel for a while to get to a nice spot! It will also force you to plan and prepare a lot better!

LakeFingers - that algae thing sounds FAR-OUT-MAN! Just about to check the link :rasta:

EDIT: And it's in Australia too!!! I was gonna ask if it occured anywhere in Australia. This is heaps good! Also thought I'd add picture more pics at http://images.google.com.au/images?q=noctiluca&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images src="https://files.shroomery.org/smileys/thumbup.gif" alt="" />

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Edited by shrooma (09/22/05 08:00 PM)

OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

Loc: 'burbs of philly
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: shrooma]
    #4697282 - 09/22/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

God I love my backyard.  Were talking two different patios on different levels.  Over 15 chairs/recliners, speakers that hook up to a stero inside, pool(closed for the winter :frown:), hammock, tables, outdoor bathroom, ourdoor shower, surrounded by trees and bushes.  For the most part it's pretty hidden from the neighbors, but they are close by, which means I can't be blasting music past 11(However, as long as it's before 11, 'aint nothing they can do about). 

Yea, that's the favorite place I've ever tripped at, and it's where I'm gonna be tripping tomorrow afternoon.

Although if I could pick an ideal place to shroom, it would have to be... on top of a mountain, overlooking a beatiful ocean at sunrise.  Yep, I think it would be pretty fucking hard to beat that one.

--------------------
"I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale." -William Clinton.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #4697781 - 09/22/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

IMO

the best possible place is in nature, late afternoon and on into the sunset, and then night. Also tripping alone, that is something to look into, but be safe.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineRyDog
Drug Advocate
Loc: Illinois
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: XUL]
    #4699498 - 09/23/05 07:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What about at a them park.
Riding a roller coaster? Hahahaha, just kidding, that might kill a person and i hate roller coasters!!!

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: RyDog]
    #4699550 - 09/23/05 08:06 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I live near the sea and have a great route all set out. Up one hill for a come up. Up to another with weird old ruins and castle buildings, little medieval huts and old hidden thrones in the middle of a thick forest. Great views. Then stroll down to one beach, along the coast to a swimming spot, then down to an old village when coming down. In for a pint or a cafe, then a stroll home, all in one big round trip. Something different happens each time. Have done it at night with the sun coming up over the ocean.

I could not imagine a bad trip outside in the daytime, there is so much to keep the mind occuppied or distracted if you did get some strange mind loops going on.

this building is at the top of one hill you can sit and see for miles around

Quote:

The obelisk at the summit is a prominent local land mark which bears the following inscription:-

"Last year being hard with the poor walks about these hills and this were erected by John Mapas, June 1742."

Edited by blackout (09/23/05 08:19 AM)

OfflineBrian13
DrummerB

Loc: ohio
    #4704437 - 09/24/05 08:55 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

my favorite time/place to trip is at the fireworks display around the 4th of July. but definitely bring a sitter to that.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Best Place to Shroom? [Re: Brian13]
    #4704525 - 09/24/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Scat I like the waterpark suggestion, I have always thought about doing this but it has just never went down. I do however love to trip at amusement parks. Boy do people love to listen in to your whacky conversations in line :wink:, and a big roller coaster on mushrooms is absolutely mindblowing. I went from petrified to awe struck in about three seconds battling that first 230 ft drop.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder