Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

I have begun my evolution.
    #469703 - 11/26/01 12:43 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I'm finally doing it. It seems rather insane today, but it made sense last night (no drugs involved).
I have developed another sense, one that esists somewhere in the mind I assume, something that we are most likely all capable of, but out of tune with. At first I thought this was Tinnitus! Ha. It is much more than a ringing in the ears. It is a frequency of some sort, something that is growing clearer by the day (well, by the night rather).
I have become nocturnal. In the silence of the night I have been able to concentrate on the aforementioned frequency. I thought it was a sound for the past few months, I thought that surely it was caused by my damaged ear drums (which shouldn't be all that damaged. But this is possible, as I am no expert on tinnitus.) Well, it turns out (I think at least, for the moment) that it is in fact some sort of frequency. Last night, while wishing for death to take me from this awful droning noise, I gave up. I submitted myself to the noise, and here's my findings:
The noise was not related to my ears at all. It is somewhere else entirely, and it more closely resembles the talk of "Mind Music" in another thread. It is not music though, not in the conventional sense (that though, depends entirely on your taste in music). Like I said, I submitted myself to this sound, and found that it was not a sound at all. It is a modulating frequency of some sorts (this is all very repetitive I know, but I can't help it.)
So, I have developed this other sense, I can now pick up a clear signal from something. Last night, (rather early in the morning, not night) I concentrated on this sound (that is not a sound at all, but more resembles sound than any other sense I could describe to you). I found, though it was rather steady, it was also greatly modulated ( meaning it was more of a BEEeeeEEEEEEEeEEeeeeee than a symphony). Before, this "sound" was extrememly monotonous and annoying, and like I said, I wished for sweet death to take me in my sleep, if I could ever quiet the racket long enough to get to sleep. (Yes, it is quite intrusive.)
While concentrating on the sound, I found that in the darkness my vision was not clear at all, but rather filled with a sort of static. (example: you know in films where you get to see from the characters perspective? Well, if it was my film and my perspective I'd add a sort of static to the shot.)
Alright, so my eyes are picking up something. I don't know what exactly, but something. I soon launch into a set of full visual hallucinations (the color kind, again without drugs, I've been seeing things like this for years, though this was different). So, I'm seeing things that aren't clear enough to percieve, and I think to myself, "Perhaps these things have nothing to do with my eyes, but that is the closest relation, like the "sound" that I'm also picking up." Well, when I closed my eyes they'd go away, so I don't know, maybe my eyes are screwed up too. (I'm downplaying that possibility.)
At times when my vision was clear enough to see, something resembling the "shadow men" became very apparent. They were everywhere, more clear than ever. I should let you know now, that I have fairly poor vision without my glasses, which I was not wearing at the time, so this dampened my skeptisism that these shadows may not have been regular shadows.
Whatever. The facts remain that I am picking up a signal not related to any sense we currently have, and I was "seeing" things that don't exist. All of this without drugs. This has been happening for some time, it is building into a crescendo that has a few possibilities: I evolve (or something in that vein). I die. I am insane. I am very dissipointed because nothing happens.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: I have begun my evolution. [Re: Ulysees]
    #469712 - 11/26/01 12:55 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

If you didn't read the above post, at least read this: Last night my room was teeming with life that I cannot explain. No drugs involved, this was the real thing (not that drug induced hallucinations are not, you just have to consider that it may in fact have been a drug induced hallucination.)

--------------------

OfflineFelstorm
Loc: North, Cold North, Very C...
    #469782 - 11/26/01 03:33 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like LSD flashbacks.

Drink lots of water. It'll go away.

--------------------

To do a thing and know no better is ignorance.
It is an act of kindness to educate the ignorant.
To do a wrong thing intentionally, is evil and wicked.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: I have begun my evolution. [Re: Felstorm]
    #469788 - 11/26/01 04:01 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Alright, except for the fact that I've never taken LSD. (even though I have commented on the phenomenon from time to time.)

--------------------

Edited by Ulysees (11/26/01 04:01 AM)

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
    #469831 - 11/26/01 07:53 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, that's amazing! I've got some of the same things happening to me. Well the mind music part sounds like I might've written it!
i don't know anythingabot these 'shadow men' though.

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: I have begun my evolution. [Re: Felstorm]
    #469849 - 11/26/01 09:11 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I tend to think of the negative view of LSD "flashbacks" as bullshit. If anything it's that your mind is open more, doors of perception are altered/cleansed/opened....and your perception can consciously pick up previously unknown dimensions to reality and what inhabits it.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineThe AntiChrist
enthusiast

Loc: Holland
    #469855 - 11/26/01 09:18 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I am also pretty positive I am evaluating....but its more on thought, emotion and understading level, consiousness.
But saturday night/early sunday morning, I was a bit stoned at a party and dancing. I closed my eyes and focused on my body feelings, and suddently noticed the space between and around my body senses, and realized that there was more in that space.
Now I can get easely back into that state.
Maybe it aint so special, but it was for me. Its a bit hard to explain.

I also had the idea that its me going schizo, more than evaulating, but I think as long as everyone keep a critical mind to our developments, well be fine.

Another interesting thing, but of which i am not sure yet, is that I finally found another person in my direct area that is experiencing these weird stuff. But I only spoke a few vague words with him about it, so I could be totally wrong.

--------------------
the lightswitch on the wrong side

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: I have begun my evolution. [Re: The AntiChrist]
    #469883 - 11/26/01 09:50 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have the same thing all the time. I close my eyes, and it feels like the space between me and whatever is in front of me expands by 2x to 10x. Especially when I listen to music with my speakers in front of me. I had this everytime I had fever as a child also. It also happens when I listen to extremely panned sounds. Like two persons panned hard left and hard right on headphones.
If you have slept little lately, or turned your rythm around, it might be that the hypnagogic sounds you might usually hear before falling asleep extend into your waking state. Iv'e noticed increased visual activity from sleep deprivation, so why not sounds?

Sorry if I don't go for your idea, but it seems like an unlikely evolutionary path. I don't think your'e going insane though. As I mentioned, if you have become a nocturnal creature that might have something to do with it. I know I notice a lot of differences when I stay awake for 24-48 hours.

I only hear sounds once in a while. It's like a clear sinewave that fades in, stays for a while, then fades slowly out again. When I was little my parents told me it means that somebody is thinking about me, so whenever I had it I tried to think of everybody I knew to see if the sound would stay if I found the right person. I never succeeded.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

OfflineacidCap
Complete Stoner

Loc: ...............can't find...
    #469999 - 11/26/01 12:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

well, i have to say that your practice with your higher brain isn't unheard of. i've noticed this strange noise since i was 12. have you ever felt a t.v. being turned on in another room? well if you have it was a high frequency sound coming from wires and resistors in an electronic "whatever it was". T.V.s are the best at these. in order for an image to appear on the screan millions of electrons are shot at all the littre pixls. human brain can also generate simillar waves, telepathy and telekinesis.......... takes a lot of practice

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: I have begun my evolution. [Re: Timeleech]
    #470239 - 11/26/01 04:16 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You don't have to believe in my evolution, I'm not convinced that's what it is either, but whatever. Don't worry about it.
But, just because I'm nocturnal doesn't mean I'm deprived of any sleep... Where'd you get that idea? It means I sleep during the day and I'm awake during the night, not that I'm awake for 24-48 hours... I sleep more than most people, despite the fact that I don't go to sleep until around, well lately, 4-7 am. This was a very slow and natural change by the way, it didn't happen overnight, but over a year or so...
The thing I like about the night is that it's quiet, and it's dark, two very important things.
"I'd like you to know, at four in the morning, things are coming to mind. The air is still, under diamond skies, makes me glad to be alive.
I need the quiet hours to create in this world of mine." Blue Collar, BTO.

And no, I have never turned on a tv, nor experienced any phenomenon like that, sounds interesting... I've also heard a lot of people have street lights go out when the walk past, this also does not happen to me, but I don't go walking much at night for one reason: If I leave the house I will wake up my mother (the dog will bark when I come back) and I will be in a lot of trouble... ;) I don't feel like sneeking out anymore, those days are gone.

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: I have begun my evolution. [Re: NextGenHippie]
    #471928 - 11/28/01 12:39 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, I just remembered you saying you didn't know about the "shadow men". I was sitting there and I thought "There was someone who didn't know about the shadow men, and I didn't tell him what they are."

Well, look back my friend, it can't have gotten far, to the thread of the same name (or maybe "shadow people") that was started by Smack I believe. If you don't see this, I will resurect the thread myself, and then you should see it, and you might think "Hey, Shadow People!" and come back here and see this message.

--------------------

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
    #472063 - 11/28/01 04:51 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not discounting your possible theory that something deeper is going on in your mind, because I don't know - maybe you have also subtly altered your circadian rhythms by gradually becoming kind of nocturnal...maybe this imbalance might even open a person 'up' to other states of consciousness....primitive peoples have used trance, chanting etc. perhaps disrupting the day/night cycle helps do this too...???

...just a thought...;)

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: I have begun my evolution. [Re: zhukov]
    #472068 - 11/28/01 04:55 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks zhukhov, I coudn't put it better myself. (or could I? No.)

--------------------

OfflineTimeleech
addict
    #472251 - 11/28/01 10:29 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldnt' put too much faith in "disrupting the day/night cycle". Iv'e done this for a feew weeks now and the mode of thinking it puts me into can by my best will not be described as "opened up". Your mileage may vary of course.

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
    #472407 - 11/28/01 01:46 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

What you say sounds quite logical for a few weeks, but I was meaning more like at least 1 year of this type of sleep-pattern...;)....and if you are also intent on spiritual change of some sort, this *might* help facilitate it in some people....
.....at least that's kind of what I was vaguely driving at....!

OfflineTimeleech
addict
    #472468 - 11/28/01 02:57 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

My post wasn't that well reflected. I didn't think of any long-term effects after initial discomforts have settled and you are settled in the new rythm.
Since it is darker it might have something to do with melatonin production and the pineal gland which is the source for DMT in human... Melatonin is produced only in darkness, I am not sure if it needs complete darkness though, or if some light is ok.  Rick Strassman wrote in "DMT: The spirit Molecule" that the production of DMT might have something to do with melatonin production. So that *might* be a possible cause that some people *might* experience spiritual advancement. Possibly :smile:
It could be anything though.

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#472549 - 11/28/01 04:09 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It's usually in total darkness that these things happen. They're not subtle by any stretch of the imagination... I don't know what to think of it today, as I haven't been able to duplicate the very powerful feelings etc. that I had that night.

--------------------

OfflineThe Oswego Eclipse
old hand
Loc: Colorado
    #472658 - 11/28/01 05:42 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ulysses, the phenomenon you are describing is discussed briefly (I believe) in "The Secret Oral Teachings of Tibetan Buddhist Sects". It talks about an inner voice in the head, that first appears as a quiet ringing...but I forget what else it says. Anyways, that book is amazing. Alan Watts calls it "The I told you so book of Tibetan Buddhism". Interesting read.

I've had this problem for a while. I've also noticed (since I have mild Tinnitus in my right ear) that there is a difference in location of the ringing of Tinnitus, which is centered mainly in the ear (in my case), as opposed to the ringing of what you call this frequency, which seems to originate from the center depths of the head (also in my case).

What I have also noticed is at night when I am falling asleep (when I normally hear this "frequency") and the ringing is going on, if I focus on the ringing (but at the same time, exactly the opposite, I guess you could say, become aware of the ringing, but not focusing on it) it will eventually subside, and scattered voices will emerge, where it sounds like I'm catching random bits of conversation between people. And then shortly after I normally fall asleep. Usually when this happens though, I have an extremely fitful sleep, often waking up frequently throughout the night, and then the next day I seem slightly detatched, mentally. I try to ignore it mostly, because I've found the mental repercussions of this excersize to be tiring, but maybe if I practice more...the thing is though is that this whole thing doesn't seem so important. To me at least. I've noticed I have to be in a cerain kind of mood for this to happen. Normally depressed, or feeling spiritual (for me, these emotions are kind of like a cycle. I become depressed, then shortly after, I feel highly spiritual).

I also used to be able to tell when people would turn appliances on like (especially) TV's. In my cousins house, no matter where I was (I could've been down in the dark depths of the basement) I always knew when the TV was turned on, because I could feel a sharp ringing in my head. This annoying ringing noise, and no one else could hear it, so my cousin always used to turn the TV rapidily on and off whenever I was in or around the house to annoy me (I made the mistake of telling him about it). I've since lost this ability, and I'm more glad than disappointed, because it gets really annoying when you can feel appliances being turned on inside your head.

Interesting topic, I think the Buddhist culture might have recognized this trait in humans, and I'm fairly sure this isn't new, since I've read about this before...as well as related symptoms. If anyone has questions about my symptoms, PM me I guess. Symptoms probably isn't the right word for that, is it.

--------------------
Would you like to find out how Reginold seduced Lolita with a tub of Mayonaise?

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: I have begun my evolution. [Re: The Oswego Eclipse]
    #472698 - 11/28/01 06:09 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the info... very interesting indeed. With a chemical aid I am able to delve much deeper, but then I don't know if it's just the chemical, or what. Last night was pretty intense, but enjoyable. I had visions, strange visions, very vivid. And lots of sounds and voices coming in fairly clear. I couldn't write or type or draw fast enough to keep track of it, and it was kind of counterproductive, so I stopped. Unfortunately, I can't remember much of it. (i remember occurences but not details of what happened in that occurance.) I think more experiments are in order, both with drugs and without (else it wouldn't be very accurate...). I'm going to look into that stuff you mentioned as well.

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#472963 - 11/28/01 09:44 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Yikes... I'm sitting here looking at the wall, just letting my eyes slip out of focus (sort of) and I can see all these sweeping swirling type waves moving on the wall, mainly in this one spot. (I'm not on any drug right now, there may be some residual effects from the DXM and Diphenhydramine I took last night, but that's coming up on 24 hours. Still, I'm sure it has something to do with this vision.)
So I'm thinking about this, am I just tripping slightly, or what. Then I realize: It's coming from my cable modem. It's right there, leaning against the wall, and it throws off a good amount of warmth. So, I'm seeing heat waves radiate through my wall or something... (I've been testing this around in some other spots, and trying to make sure it wasn't just placebo. I'm not entirely convinced, but I wouldn't make any judgement either way yet.)
Ok, so I can see thermals (sort of, I'm still testing this.) I can apparently see electricity (I spoke of that earlier).
It seems that I am getting in tune with energy to some degree. (again, I'm not claiming anything here... and I'll just say that I'm not some trippin kid...).

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck