Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions...
    #4696431 - 09/22/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, everything's set up for this weekend, I've got all of Sunday to myself to just lounge around and anjoy the day. I've got 4g's of good weed (sativa at that, which is pretty hard to find around where I live) peanut butter, cream cheese, and milk... If it is really much better I can buy butter, anyone know off hand how much fat is in butter compared to something like peanut butter or cream cheese? I'm also willing to buy chocolate if this will work well as well (I never eat chocolate or butter so generaly have no idea how much fat is in them). So basicaly everything's set and this is looking like a deffinite thing here... Only a couple last questions though, how much weed should I consume myself? As said I have 4g's so that should be more than enough, I've never had this weed specificaly, but the guy I'm getting it off has never given anything that wasn't really good quality. So how much would be an appropriate dose for 1 person? Also, how much fat to weed ratio should I use, I've done some searches but each one resulted in a different answer, one of which called for as much as 60g's of good quality bud :jawdrop: (I seriously hope that was a typo though)

Also, I know to cook it on a low temperature, but how can I tell when my THC filled snacks have been cooked long enough? I know that butter is supposed to turn green, but how can I tell with something like chocolate?

And finaly, how much does this stuff smell when you cook it? Having cops living on all sides of me, as well as random cops living scattered around the area means I have to be a little cautious with things like smell (too bad to, my area would be pretty chilling otherwise).

Anyways, any help anyone can give would be deffinitely appreciated, if this thread is still up on the boards after I do this, I'll let you know how it went.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions... [Re: StickyWater]
    #4696479 - 09/22/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Get yourself a stick of butter(not margarine or oil spread - read the labels) and take about 2T and melt it over low heat.  Chop up 2.5-4g of bud and toss it in.  Cook it for about 30-60 minutes stirring frequently.  Toss it all on a slice of toast or two and have at it.  Doesn't sound pleasant, but it gets the job done.

Orrrr, take your bud and chop it up.  Get some crackers.  Set oven to 350F.  Smear peanut butter on crackers and sprinkle ~1/2g on each.  Make 4-8 cracker sandwiches(peanut butter on both sides of bud).  Bake for ~20 minutes.  Let cool a bit and enjoy your firecrackers :laugh:

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions... [Re: daimyo]
    #4696507 - 09/22/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

when u mkae the fircrackers does your oven smell of weed afterwards

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions... [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4696521 - 09/22/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

For a little bit yes. The batch of hash brownies i made probably smelled up our place more.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions... [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4696526 - 09/22/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No.  If it should happen to however, fry up some garlic :smile:

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions... [Re: daimyo]
    #4696552 - 09/22/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

fuck man u know everything 5 mushies for you

--------------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions... [Re: baraka]
    #4696553 - 09/22/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

3-4g's? in a previous thread people were saying that even just 2g's might be a bit much for one person to eat all at once. I don't plan to make more for some other day as I'd rather keep some to smoke along with eating, as well as some to share with friends, etc. (good friend of mine gave me a .5 of hash FOR FREE (and it was GOOD!) so I deffinitely owe him for that one...)

Hmmmm well, here's the thing, my upstairs window (only ne that opens up there) is more or less right next to my neighbour's and our houses are seperated by only a thin driveway, and the downstairs windows that open all face the road, and are fairly close to the sidewalk (one of the windows has been stuck open for at least a month, should probably fix it soon). So would there be much of a problem for smell?

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions... [Re: StickyWater]
    #4696585 - 09/22/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Anywhere from 2-4 grams is what I would consider decent(all depends on quality though), your mileage may very. 4-7 is hefty. 7 and up...well, you'll see if you ever do it.

The smell you get from cooking is nothing like burning it(unless you burn while cooking lol). I've cooked in apartments before and never had any trouble.
The best advice I can give you is buy a head of garlic. If it starts to smell too much for you, fry some garlic.

--------------------

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

#4696597 - 09/22/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

the amount of bud varies on the potency of it. Last time I made brownies, we used dirty regs (an ounce among four people). So I ate about 7 grams that night, and I had incredibly strong effects. If you have at least decent bud, you probably won't need more than 4 grams, but I wouldnt suggest using less unless you're going for threshold effects. Of course it also varies from person to person

--------------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions... [Re: NickSoapdish]
    #4696853 - 09/22/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ouch, bit more of it than I was hoping to have to use, might have to scratch up a bit more money if I plan to smoke anything I guess...

Hmm so wait, why do people reffer to eating marijuana as being more efficient than smoking it if you end up using enough bud to last at least 2 weeks smoking once every day? I've never eaten it, and I'm really interested to see what the high is like, but at the same time I'm a bit low on funds (yeah, being unempoyed really sucks...) So could I possibly get a second opinion then? Should I cook it and eat it? Or should I just save it and see how long I can make it last smoking? Would it be worth the cost to try it?

Edited by StickyWater (09/22/05 07:01 PM)

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

#4696887 - 09/22/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well, you can use less than 4 g's and still feel pretty nice, but when I make brownies, I like to make sure I get good strong effects, so I tend to go all out. If you don't have the money to use a good amount of bud, then I would suggest you wait until you do

--------------------

Offlinecannabiseur
Stranger
Re: weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions... [Re: NickSoapdish]
    #4696888 - 09/22/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I usually make ganja brownies if i take time to do cook weed in butter. But there are a lot of things u can do.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: weed brownies, final stages of planning, few quick questions... [Re: cannabiseur]
    #4696934 - 09/22/05 07:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

wow, gotta love the shroomery's fast response  :rofl:

Well, this is the last bud I'll be able to get for at least a week (kinda glad actualy). How much better or different is the high? Is it really worth going all out in one big go just to see what the experience of consumed weed is like? How much does smoking a few hits enhance the experience? (remember someone mentioning that in a previous thread) Would it be worth cooking only using 3.8g's and smoke the other .2 mid come up?

Shmuh, here I go overcomplicating things, I hate when I do this, would be soo much easier if I had a steady income and could give myself a bit more of a marijuana budget, o well, what can you do? :shrug:

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

#4696972 - 09/22/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

making pot brownies is just one of those things I do occasionally when I have a little extra money. It's certainly different than smoking, but hard to describe. For me, smoking makes me a little anxious, even though Ive been doing it for years. When I eat it, I get trippier vibes, yet at the same time it puts me in a dreamy, relaxed state.

So I say if you got the means, it's worth it. If youre trying to conserve, save it for another time.

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4697925 - 09/22/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What I would do - put 3g into firecrackers and smoke the other 1g whenever.
If you are truly lazy, you can make them in the microwave. Smear peanut butter on crackers, sprinkle on bud, sandwich together, and nuke for 45-60 seconds.

The high from eating is much more body oriented and longer lasting than smoking. It may take up to 2 hours to come on, but it should last 4-8 hours.
Chances are you will be very pleased when you decide to eat some. It is something I recommend everyone try at least once.

--------------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4697937 - 09/22/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

can stems be used to cook with? I got about a half ounce of those things lying around...

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4697986 - 09/22/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Anything can be used. I don't know how much you would need to eat for it to be effective though.
Best thing for that would be to cook the stems in butter and then use the butter for something(toast, cookies, brownies).

--------------------

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

#4697990 - 09/22/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

itd be analogous to smoking stems

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom