Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMackn666
Stranger
Hesitant to try mushies bc of neg marijuana effects. . .
    #4695698 - 09/22/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I am a frequent marijuana smoker, and I enjoy getting high but sometimes, usually while under stress, marijuana increases the amount of anxiety i have. I have ADD and I think marijuana sometimes makes my condition worse. I noticed that it effects me the most when I do not take my adderall that day.
My concern is that mushrooms may completely set off latent mental problems that I have. When I smoke weed I sometimes cannot keep my thoughts from racing, and I have heard that you think so much more while high on shrooms, so I am hesitant.
Is it possible to get such effects from cannabis and not psilocybin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
Re: Hesitant to try mushies bc of neg marijuana effects. . . [Re: Mackn666]
    #4695990 - 09/22/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I feel for you man, I know exactly what your talking about. People burn out after a while. I, myself, had to quit the green stuff about 10 yrs ago. That being said, I still love my psychadelics. Sometimes the come-up is a bit rough on shroomies but when it settles down its paradise.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Hesitant to try mushies bc of neg marijuana effects. . . [Re: Gratos]
    #4696022 - 09/22/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you have a latent issues they will come to the surface, no doubt. However this is a great time to handle your own problems with an "objective" point of you, not the best word to use there but I think you guys get the idea. Gives you a different perspective from your own to solve problems.

Sidenote: If you are talking something like schizophrenia (sp?), that kind of latent problem than don't eat psychedelics.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Hesitant to try mushies bc of neg marijuana effects. . . [Re: Mackn666]
    #4696073 - 09/22/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Psychedelics have a way of bringing up the mental problems in ones life. Sometimes you can use the experience to gain valuable insight into whatever is at the core of these problems.
If you decide to do it, start off small. There's plenty of time in life to take a big dose and go balls to the wall. Get to know the substance.
And if smoking can cause issues for you, then don't do it while on anything else until you get a feel for it.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Hesitant to try mushies bc of neg marijuana effects. . . [Re: daimyo]
    #4696133 - 09/22/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What doesn't kill you will only make your stronger... as long as you keep an open mind.

That being said, go ahead and try it, if you have an unpleasant experience, fine, you'll live, and hopefuly you'll have learned something... Otherwise if you're worried that the shrooms will make your ADD worse or something along those lines, best be safe than sorry

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Hesitant to try mushies bc of neg marijuana effects. . . [Re: StickyWater]
    #4696548 - 09/22/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if you want to learn you have to take risks. learning is supposed to be scary. just man up to it. remember, turning your back is the worst thing you can do.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Hesitant to try mushies bc of neg marijuana effects. . . [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #4696606 - 09/22/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I have very atypical responses to marijuana. Once in a while, with a very small amount it can be quite pleasant.

For the most part it causes heaps of anxiety and stress and all sorts of other problems in me. It's a real shame, the effects most people get are wonderful. Perhaps I'm just not made out to be laid back, tired, and hungry all the time? Hehe... oh well :smile:

The point is, I love psychedellics. Not all the time. I take them only a few times a year. Occaisionally I'll do it twice in a month, or three times in 6 weeks... different substances of course. But then again, I often take breaks from anywhere between 1-4 months.

Trips have their ups and downs for everyone of course. I've seen the most beautiful, and most horrible things in my life on these substances (like most on these boards will say). So it's not to say that it'll be clear sailing, as thats not true for anyone. But I can say that I get the typical response to a dose of mushrooms, lsd, or mescaline. Seems as much unpredictable as any other doser. Where as with marijuana theres a 20x greater chance of having a bad time than the average person.

It's all about the individual's chemistry. I'd very much like to know what inside me ticks slightly differently than everyone else. Chemicals that go haywire after a bong hit, but also chemicals that do as expected with absolutely every thing else I've ever tried.

Always take every precaution you can, and remember to enjoy the ride.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies