Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Mar's Tek
    #4695864 - 09/22/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Im about to make some DMT (finally) and I found something in Mar's tek that got me worried. It tells me to add the vinegar/water solution. So I add it, without telling me anything I added it all as suspected and it covered the powder and fiber finely. Then after reading on again (i've read this 50 times and this I just stumpled upon) it says release most of the water/vinegar solution after putting it on high for 2 hours. Ok I get that but then it says "add the remaining vinegar/water solution again boil for 2 hours" wtf?? The remaining solution? Do I have to go and mix the same amount again or did I mess up? WTF please! Help! Need howsoon cuz I've alrdy started.

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (09/22/05 03:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Mar's Tek [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #4695918 - 09/22/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Im using only 56g and using Mar's Tek calculator. Perhaps he meant (because he is using so much more than me) to add as much as u could then pour some liquid and then pour the remaining solution that you oculdnt because it was so much. If this is true and im using 56g how long do I boil and how would I go about doing that using Mar's Tek?

--------------------
Quote:

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4695938 - 09/22/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You need to get ph papers or a ph meter and slowly add the vinegar or hydrocloric acid untill you reach a ph of 3.5-4 in your solution. I wouldn't trust eyeballing it or following a receipe. That would be shoddy at best. When trying extract DMT you wan't to know precisely what your doing and why for best results.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Mar's Tek [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4695951 - 09/22/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This doesnt really answer the question. Though I thank your consideration but im in dire need of th information I asked for. I also heard people that use Mar's Tek and calculator always get a fine yield. It's very precise (the tek and calcualtor) Im sure it will work and if it doesnt oh well i tried using litmus papers and it always read 2-3 so Im sure im good. I need to know though what I asked PLEASE!

Q. Since im using 70ml vinegar and 400mlof water with 56g bark. SHould I boil for 4 hours? Or after 2 hours pour off most liquid then add again 70ml vinegar and 400ml water? Or is it just because Mar's is using a pound that he wrote that? SO should I just boil for 2 hours then pour off all liquid or what! Please help me.

Q. Also would it be ideal to use a coffe filter to pour the solution in or a fine strainer?

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (09/22/05 04:08 PM)

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#4696142 - 09/22/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'll make the question easier.

Q. Could I boil 56g of bark (grounded) for only 2 hours instead of 4 hours because of the difference in Mar's Tek or is it essential to heat for full 4 hours?

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4696233 - 09/22/05 04:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I only let my iguanas rootbark sit in simmering acidic solution thats just enough to cover it for 45 minutes. Pour it through a filter. Then put the same rootbark in the jar and add more new acidic solution just enough to cover for another forty five. Do the filter then repeat once more. Then combine all three acidic solutions that where retrieved. Hope that helps. I never heard of boiling it for four hours. Sorry.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #4696502 - 09/22/05 05:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That tek can be done fine without Ph papers if you follow the directions IME. You weren't suppose to add all of the vinegar. After the heating process is done you were supposed to add the remaining vinegar to the remaining matter in the pot and heat it again to make sure you get anything that may be left behind. You can try to add just enough vinegar to cover what is left behind and heat again if you want or not. If you do you may want to use Ph papers to make sure it isn't to high. Or you can just continue on without doing.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Mar's Tek [Re: motaman]
    #4696742 - 09/22/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well I did the 45min process. I did this by adding same amount of water and vinegar as Idid the first time twomore times and heat for 45min then poured off into a pint mason jar. Im barley getting done with third and the liquid is more clear whichmakes me think the chemical is fully extracted. Im sure im fine but would love to be reinsured about this. Im also going to still use same amounts of naptha and ammonia and lye as I would if I didnt do three extractions. I'm also going to use a glass baster to get the liquid off the vegetable sludge instead of pouring it off carefully. I think doing this will be easier and less frusteration. I also would like to know what the vegetable sludge looks like. It's showable directely after straining off into mason jar correct? Its that brownish sludge like material at the bottom correct? ALright thanks in advance all sorry if these are annoying questions but none are stupid, I just need ur help.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #4696783 - 09/22/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes.. that is the sludge.. you need to let it settle. you should be okay..  :smirk:

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Mar's Tek [Re: motaman]
    #4696898 - 09/22/05 07:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Iput the Ph paper in the mason jar to test the Ph cuz I was worried I did to much acid, which in fact I used as much acid as I needed I was so surprised. It had read Ph of 4 it was pretty close to 3 but the top squares of the 4 square testing litmus paper made it obvious that it was closer to Ph 4, I also heard Ph 4 is the best setting. Im absolutely happy being that the start of this process was bumpy. The sludge is settling and its in room temp. the mason jar is in a bowl that blocks out most light. Now that the BS is over (cooking has never been my liking) im about to have fun with the other extraction.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (09/22/05 07:06 PM)

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#4697061 - 09/22/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I took a picture of the jar just now for record. I dont wanna waste my time cropping and lowering the size of the damned picture tofit it here. If someone will do it for me i'd be happy to send the picture to you.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom