Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleonceinawhile
for you

Loc: in a book of dreams
Can Tripping Help You Somehow?
    #4695419 - 09/22/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i was wondering if tripping with shrooms or whatever can help a person in any way? is it useful somehow? not does it make you a better person but does a person gain in some way from the experience? and if so, what?

what's to be gained from tripping?

just curious, thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: onceinawhile]
    #4695442 - 09/22/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps you should check out the 'Trip Reports' subforum.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #4695458 - 09/22/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You have much to research and much to experience, young grasshopper. Absorb all of it your brain can handle and you will find your answers. Best of luck to you.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #4695488 - 09/22/05 02:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Spiritually, there's too much for me to tell you. Do your on research.

But physically?
The only physical characteristic that i've gained from tripping is complete voluntary control over my eyes. Total control sounds cool (by total control I mean that I can focus/unfocus my lenses, cross my eyes [I don't know the technical term for this], and dialate/contract my pupils freely), but the eyes can perform all of its functions almost perfectly, so theres no need for manual control.
I have always had this ability while tripping (and so have you, probably), but it took a very long time for it to cross over to the sero-reality permanently from the psilo-reality.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4695496 - 09/22/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery!

Yes, there are many things to gain from a mushroom trip. It's different for everyone, but most people here have gained something from it. There are also people who use mushrooms to be entertained for a few hours and forget about it the next day.

Here is one example of what mushrooms did for me, it starts with a quote, from TIHKAL by Shulgin, that fits me perfect:

"More than anything else, the world amazed me, in that I saw it as I had when I was a child. I had forgotten the beauty and the magic and the knowingness of it and me. I was in familiar territory, a pace wherein I had once roamed as an immortal explorer, and I was recalling everything that had been authentically known to me then, and which I had abandoned, then forgotten, with my coming of age. Like the touchstone that recalls a dream to sudden presence, this experience reaffirmed a miracle of excitement that I had known in my childhood but had been pressured to forget."

Mushrooms are a tool to show me that we live in a wonderful and complex magic world that isn't normal at all. There is always something that can amaze me. Gravity is soo normal for most people, many people haven't even thought about it, but it is fucking weird. I am still amazed if I think about the weird thing called gravity. This amazement brings me fun and happiness.

Invisibleonceinawhile
for you

Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: Annom]
    #4695580 - 09/22/05 02:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the replys and the welcome!

i've read some stuff on it and all but i guess i was just wondering waht the current group of people here at the shroomery have to say about it. the people that like it seem to really like it and the ones that don't say it's like hell. strange for such a thing to have such a wide range of experience associated with it. the eyeball control haven't heard that one before lol

i saw somewhere that they get people to trip to cure them of post tramatic stress and other anxiety disorders and other things, obssessive compulsive disorders and just a bunch of other ailments even pain relief. amazing.

anyway thanks again and if anyone else wants to add anything links whatever, i'm all ears.

--------------------
You are complicit if you see or suspect on the basis of reliable evidence that harm is being done to an Other, and in the absorption of your own daily routine say nothing, do nothing, keep the silence that permits hegemonic domination.

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4695647 - 09/22/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lysergic_Milkman said:
Spiritually, there's too much for me to tell you. Do your on research.

But physically?
The only physical characteristic that i've gained from tripping is complete voluntary control over my eyes. Total control sounds cool (by total control I mean that I can focus/unfocus my lenses, cross my eyes [I don't know the technical term for this], and dialate/contract my pupils freely), but the eyes can perform all of its functions almost perfectly, so theres no need for manual control.
I have always had this ability while tripping (and so have you, probably), but it took a very long time for it to cross over to the sero-reality permanently from the psilo-reality.

After you said this, I tried it and realized I can do all of this too! Haha this is great.

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
    #4695663 - 09/22/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The people that use mushrooms to "get fuked up" and have a good time are the ones who hate it after they have an intense experience. If you use the mushrooms to learn and explore your mind then you will. Sober reality does not allow people to fully explore how powerfull the mind really is.

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #4695745 - 09/22/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hot48yearolds said:
The people that use mushrooms to "get fuked up" and have a good time are the ones who hate it after they have an intense experience. If you use the mushrooms to learn and explore your mind then you will. Sober reality does not allow people to fully explore how powerfull the mind really is.

I (as well as probably every other shroomerite here) agree whole-heartedly. I absolutely HATE people that use shrooms to "get fucked up." I actually have a good story that shows how bad this is from just last weekend.

These two girls I know wanted to shroom, so I took them on an adventure with me. We walked around our campus at night, everything was beautiful, noone was around so we sat in the grass under trees and the sky and stars. I took them on the perfect shroom experience for first timers, and they had a blast.

The next night, the one girl (who is one of those prissy get super dressed up to go out drinkin type) went to a hippie fest thing and tried shrooms because she wanted to get fucked up again. She had a bad bad trip and called me to come get her like a million times. I don't have a car at school, so obviously I couldn't. Bottom line is she now doesn't want to do them again and it ruined the first experience she had with me.

I hate that shit.

--------------------

-H. S. Thompson

Invisibleonceinawhile
for you

#4695901 - 09/22/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

interesting posts fellas. how about this:

what have you guys gained from tripping? has tripping helped you in any way?

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

#4695916 - 09/22/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've gained such an enlightenment towards life from it. I appreciate everything so much more, and rarely get mad an anyone or anything any more. I love it.

--------------------

-H. S. Thompson

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4695952 - 09/22/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

psychologicaly, mushrooms helped me appreciate nature and the world around me more, I became aware of the more subtle beauty of things, also I became more aware of myself, my flaws and my strong points, I also became a little more free minded, in the sense that I stopped over analyzing things so much. Since shrooming I think about drugs and highs COMPLETELY differently, and I feel as if I can somewhat understand them more. Before tripping I spent a lot of my high trying to explain it, and trying to be fully aware of the high, after shrooming I just stopped doing those things completely, and now I can really get into my highs a lot more now without getting caught up in trying to explain it.

As far as physicaly? Well, no, mushrooms didn't really do anything, although after shrooming I did lose a lot of weight (which was done purposely, for the benefit of my health). Whether or not it was shrooming that helped me finaly do this I couldn't say, but not wanting to eat for 6 hours while running around on shrooms every now and again must have helped...

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: hobbitxkillyou]
    #4695959 - 09/22/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My skills in and understanding of the martial arts has dramatically improved.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: hobbitxkillyou]
    #4696004 - 09/22/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hobbitxkillyou said:
I've gained such an enlightenment towards life from it. I appreciate everything so much more, and rarely get mad an anyone or anything any more. I love it.

That's pretty much me to a T now also. Just makes you say life is great, and the apprciation for nature...so much more than ever before. Also helped me figure out some shit in my head that I needed to get straight. Went from being a fuckup in school and life, to a 3.9 student in college. (obviously not entirely caused by shrooms, but shrooms did show me with a kick in the face that I needed to straighten some shit out. Straight up, I am eternaly grateful to the first person who introduced me to these wonders.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4696024 - 09/22/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

StickyWater said:
psychologicaly, mushrooms helped me appreciate nature and the world around me more, I became aware of the more subtle beauty of things,  also I became more aware of myself, my flaws and my strong points,

Same here  :smile:

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: Annom]
    #4696095 - 09/22/05 04:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you can look in the mirror into your own eyes on mushrooms :thumbup:, you're doing something right.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4696113 - 09/22/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sublime40oz said:
If you can look in the mirror into your own eyes on mushrooms :thumbup:, you're doing something right.

Don't know about anyone else, but that was probably some of the best advise (well, wasn't really advise, but for lack of better words) I've ever heard...

Invisibleonceinawhile
for you

Re: Can Tripping Help You Somehow? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4696444 - 09/22/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thank you all for your replys. a few questions if you don't mind:

cool hobbitxkillyou - just wondering if you could say what it was about your tripping that made it such that you don't get mad. if you can put that kind of thing into words.

sublime40oz. how did the shrooms kick you in the face as you put it. was it one of the hellish experiences that people talk about and if so how so?

StickyWater - how did you think about drugs and highs before and how did that change? what was it about tripping that made the change? if you can say.

Lysergic_Milkman - skills in martial arts?

Annom - thank you again for your replys. if you'd like to elaborate on gravity, i'd like to hear it.

sublime40oz and StickyWater - looking at yourself in the mirror? what do you gain from looking in the mirror? how does that help you?

sorry for all the questions but i am genuinely interested in this topic. of course you don't have to reply to any of this. i'm just asking incase anyone feels like writing it out.

thanks again

--------------------
You are complicit if you see or suspect on the basis of reliable evidence that harm is being done to an Other, and in the absorption of your own daily routine say nothing, do nothing, keep the silence that permits hegemonic domination.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4696522 - 09/22/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, it's hard to explain, but after shrooming weed had a somewhat different vibe to it, I felt like I had more of an understanding of how drugs worked and affected your brain to produce a high, I also felt more in touch with the world and nature than I usualy did after smoking weed, it was on my last trip actualy that the biggest change came in the way I thought about drugs, on the come down I found myself analyzing the whole concept of drugs, what they do and how they do it, and something in my brain must have just clicked or something, and since then I've just felt more in touch with my marijuana experiences.

Keep in mind that this doesn't really explain it perfectly, as I'm trying to explain an abstract concept to someone who's never experienced it, but it did deffinitely help me enjoy weed a lot more.

I'll tell you this though, thinking on shrooms can be an entirely different experience, thoughts turning into sounds, feelings, sometimes even manifesting themselves as images inside your head, I've had times where it felt like my brain had just completely turned itself on autopilot and I was no longer capable of thinking (but was still capable of carrying on intelligent conversation and was functioning perfectly fine). It's deffinitely an interesting experience to say the least, and the only way you can fully grasp the concept of it is to experience it yourself.

There's also one other thing that I forgot to mention, every time I've shroomed on the come down it's always felt like I've learned something, but I don't know what it was, but I'm always convinced that my brain knows what it learned, and will use this information as necessary, whether I'm aware of it or not.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
    #4696741 - 09/22/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

onceinawhile said:
sublime40oz. how did the shrooms kick you in the face as you put it. was it one of the hellish experiences that people talk about and if so how so?

sublime40oz and StickyWater - looking at yourself in the mirror? what do you gain from looking in the mirror? how does that help you?

thanks again

Well to the first question. It was a horrible experience at first. For about an hour I was just thinkign about how bad I am screwing up my life..yada yada yada. Pretty bad downward spiral of negative thoughts that I just couldn't shake for the life of me. Then I started thinking about what it is that makes me do stupid stuff. Worked through that in my head, decided I was just being a stupid kid, and needed to grow up. In 5 hours I went from one of the most irresponsible people I knew to one of the most mature, responsible, kids my age. At the time I was only 14..started taking drugs waaaay to early. So this was about 6 years ago. The next day I woke up refreshed with a whole new light about me. Felt like a million tons were lifted off my shoulders and basically just gave myself permission to be who I wanted to be and stop behaving like a moron.

As for part two, when you, or for me at least, look into the mirror at yourself you are instantly confronted with who you are beneath the surface. It's very hard to explain, my eyes become these giant black holes peering into my inner being. I am perfectly at peace with everything that I am and do in my life at this point. It is a beautiful feeling. Who knows if this is the case for other people but for me that's how it is.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order