Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Can salvia be used with a commercial vaporizer?
    #4692779 - 09/21/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Probably the best vaporizer on the market is  The Volcano.

Its official maximum temperature is 226?C or 439?F (from their website). The question is what temperature does salvinorin a vaporize at?

We know it has a "high" boiling point. Unfortunately I can't find any information out there as to just how high it is. If you know what it is I'd appreciate a heads up... Well let's look at the temperature of some other smokeable compounds:

Boiling point of THC: 200?C (392?F)
Boiling point of nicotine: 247?C (477?F)

I'm a little confused here because The Volcano can't reach 247?C (the official max temperature is 226?C). Also confusing is that tobacco and other burnable materials start to burn at the temperature of 234?C (the infamous fahrenheit 451).

I will assume that salvinorin a vaporizes at an even higher temperature than that of nicotine. I will also assume that vaporizers work for tobacco, even though the accepted boiling point of nicotine is higher than the temperature that organic materials burn at.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

So after all this research I'm more confused. Any ideas or experience with this topic would be very appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Can salvia be used with a commercial vaporizer? [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4693031 - 09/21/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Good question. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Can salvia be used with a commercial vaporizer? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4693220 - 09/21/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:shrug:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Stranger

Re: Can salvia be used with a commercial vaporizer? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4693283 - 09/21/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The reason it might not work is the theoretical temperature limit of a vaporizer is 234?C, whereas the boiling point of salvinorin a is likely higher than that.

However, nicotine has a boiling point higher than 234?C and it apparently works with a vaporizer.

Another example is water with a boiling point of 100?C, however it does produce some steam before the boiling point. So it's a complicated issue. Step one is finding out the actual boiling point of salvinorin a.

Stranger

Re: Can salvia be used with a commercial vaporizer? [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4697319 - 09/22/05 08:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Edit: From wikipedia: "The temperature required [to vaporize] for Salvinorin is around 240 C." There you have it.

Ok I still haven't figured the boiling point of salvinorin A. However I have found info suggesting that a commercial vaporizer will work. This is in the form of anecdotal evidence from other members and this (from http://www.salvia-divinorum.com/salvia-faq-use.html):

Quote:

Q. What is vaporization and how does it differ from smoking?
A. VAPORIZATION IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS!
Vaporization consists of heating pure salvinorin A, extract, or powdered leaf to a high temperature without igniting it. The temperature must be high enough for at least some of the salvinorin to temporarily become a gas (vapor). These vapors, mixed with the aerosol the vapors condense to and air, are inhaled. Like the smoke from burning Salvia leaves, the products of vaporization contain salvinorin and other volatile products, either as gases, or as an aerosol of small condensed droplets. Unlike smoking, vaporization does not produce ash particulates, or oxidation products such as carbon monoxide. Inhaling vapors is probably somewhat less damaging to one's lungs than is inhaling smoke; but it cannot be considered free of all health risks. Your lungs evolved to inhale clean air, not hot vapors.

Q. How is vaporization done?
A. There are not yet commercial vaporizers optimized for smoking Salvia. Salvia leaf, extract, or salvinorin can be vaporized on heated aluminum foil and inhaled with a straw. Alternatively, homemade vaporizer units can be constructed, or units designed for consumption of cannabis or tobacco can be used. Many commercial units are either not hot enough (won't vaporize) or too hot (will carbonize) for optimum vaporization of salvinorin.

Q. Is vaporization strong?
A. Of course it depends on the dose, but it can be unbelievably strong! Dangerously so!. Since very little smoke is produced with this technique, it is possible to inhale a very large dose with very little effort. At large doses, one may temporarily loose all awareness of who one is, where one is or what one is doing. Falls, fires, injuries etc. can easily occur. If you will be vaporizing it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that a sitter be present to protect you from injury. Vaporization can easily take you all the way to level 6 and you can pass out. It can take you to the point of general anesthesia. Instead of being able to linger at the interesting moderate trip levels of 3 and 4, you are blasted into a maximum intensity trip for which you will have little subsequent memory, and then it's all over. If you want to get completely smashed instantly vaporization will achieve that, but if you want a dialog with a 'teacher plant', just smoke leaves, or better yet take Salvia orally.

Q. How quickly does vaporization take effect?
A. Within seconds of inhaling a lung full of vapor. The first few inhalations often contain no salvinorin as the unit is not yet hot enough. Once salvinorin is inhaled you have only seconds to lie down in a safe place before you become incapacitated! Vaporizor trips usually last less than 1/2 hour.

I am definately going to test this out some time in the future.

Edited by lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl (09/23/05 03:29 AM)

OfflineJake.Wizard27
Trance-Former

Loc: Vt, USA
    #19915973 - 04/29/14 09:17 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

greetings,

the Vaporization temp of salvia is 240c or 464f. Many units on the market do not have this kind of temperature range.

The Pinnacle Pro, is a great portable vaporizer that has an extended temperature range. the pinnacle pro has 5 temperature settings ranging from:
370f to 470f

The pinnacle is designed to vaporize leafy materials as well a oils. Temp setting 5 at 470f is used primarily used for oils, but in theory could be used to vaporize Salvia Divinorum. At this temperature the vapor is so hot and dry it is highly recommended you use the pinnacle pro in conjunction with the optional HydrTube or a water pipe. The Pinnacle can be attached to any 14mm water pipe with the included 14mm adapter.

Read a Full Review of the Pinnacle Pro

--------------------
:mushroom2:  "SAY SOMETHING, DO SOMETHING.. MAKE A DIFFERENCE"  :mushroom2:

“There is a transcendental dimension beyond language... It's just hard as hell to talk about!” ― Terence McKenna

JwiZard TraDe LiSt

TIPS on TRIPS

Psychedlic Visionary - Info on Trance, Shamanism, Visionary Art, Psychedelics and Spirit

EXTREME VAPORIZERS

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale