Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Scales, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAccentuate
Stranger
First time with g/f
    #4692949 - 09/22/05 12:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, I am no stranger to this site or these forums (I posted a long time ago but don't remember my name here). About two years ago I used the collective information within these forums and this site and finally tried shrooms. The experiences were great and very memorable but I had to get some direction in my life and ended up quiting all forms psychoactive substances (up to and including alchohol). Things have very much settled down and I have recently talked with my girlfriend of 9 months about doing shrooms with her. She is interested but I'm not sure how to handle this. It is her first time and I want it to be a nice and easy on her. If anyone has some suggestions for how to make this a good experience they would be much appreciated.

I figure I can get about a 1/8-1/4 of cubes (wet) then strain them, in the heat, in a coffee maker and make tea. That is how I did it the first time and what I think happened was it killed a lot of the psilocybin and made it weaker. Can anyone confirm this? I figure I can make a couple cups then save the rest, if it's not strong enough Wea can drink more after about an hour. She doesnt want to trip trip... she seems more interested in the body buzz. So if anyone knows of ways to weaken it just for that reason I would be very interested.

Also, Me and her are music lovers to the extreme and will probably want to listen to some of our favorite bands... I wanna make sure i dont scare her though... this one time i was listening to something and it totally fucked me up b/c i heard the lyrics and was thinking "damn, thats not right, whats wrong with the world?" i then went straight emo style into "God I hate myself, im such a bad person, look at yourself...blehblehbleh" //so anyways I figure I want to try our fav. band dredg... throw in some coldplay, apc, me without you, dave brubeck, sigur ros, and shpongle.... about two years ago i read shpongle was "THE BEST TRIP MUSIC OMGOMGOMG" on this site, so is there anything new i might wanna hear? I'm not confined to any genre btw.

Any information that can helpo this be a lasting and wonderful time for me and her will be greatly thanked.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: First time with g/f [Re: Accentuate]
    #4693016 - 09/22/05 12:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ambient music all the way. Nothing better in my opinion. If your gf is looking for just a body buzz maybe 1.5-2g's? I tripped with an ex before and it was awesome. We just layed on my bed listening to music with Winamp visualizations going on in the background. Just make sure you have everything set up real nice. I have always heard shpongle was  good stuff. I downloaded it and I wasn't too impressed. Anyways, that's just me. If you are interested, I will PM you and maybe even SEND you a CDR with some good stuff on it :smile:

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: First time with g/f [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4694074 - 09/22/05 08:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

1/8 to 1/4 WET!? WAY too little there, I seem to remember a post mentioning that roughly 90% of a shroom's body mass is water, so when you consider how much an 1/8th would be dry after losing 90% of its body weight, not really looking at a very large dose there are you. I'd say that unless you're pretty experienced with mushrooms, just make it easy and use dried shrooms so you at least know 100% for sure how much she's taking, nothing wrong with eating wet shrooms though, I'd just think both you and her would really appreciate having things made simpler, especialy if you're just going to be making tea from them. Little recipe that I enjoyed.

2 large cups of hot water
2 teabags (green tea)
2g's of mushrooms dried
1-2 small pieces of ginger, I used pickled ginger, just a little something to help with any stomache pains of nausia.
1 spoonful of honey, maybe go for 2 if you want.

A drink that I like WHILE tripping was

Coke (diet, probably works with regular just as well, not sure exactly how much I used)
honey (1 spoonfull)
ginger (however much I saw fit)
serve at room temperature

Keep in mind that I filled a thermos with this, so you may not want to use a full teaspoon, use your own judgement for however much you see fit. This drink got complements from both friends who were with me (and not tripping). Also the warm carbonated coke combined with ginger I found to help with some of the stomache irritation.

Other than that, if you're both big fans of music, provide her with an instrument she can play if she knows how to play anything (even if not it might be just fun to play around with) I know I've posted about guitar quite a bit on these forums, but I had probably one of the best times on shrooms with a guitar, so I highly recommend that everyone gives it a try at least once. If you've been playing a bit and have no problem playing with your eyes closed, you can really inspire some insane COV's

Also like to add that you should just try to provide as large of a selection as you can for her in terms of music, she may want to listen to something completely different to what you both normaly listen to. Personaly I try to avoid playing anything that doesn't have too much going on in the song (not something with 3 guitars all playing different riffs along with a bass line and a really good drummer for example) but also not something tediously simple, although sometimes I found that I did enjoy the complicated or incredibly simple songs, although this is more of a personal thing and how you react to shrooms, I tend to get very overwhelmed by a lot of audio stimulation on shrooms, and songs which are just simplistic due to either lack of talent, or otherwise (with the exception of songs with acoustic guitar) just bother me in general, shrooming or not, so I get pretty fussy with my cd player trying to find the one song that just feels... right... So yeah, just keep a wide variety and let her chose

Edited by StickyWater (09/22/05 09:05 AM)

Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4694132 - 09/22/05 09:30 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Captain Beefheart is an interesting listen whether tripping or not. Pink Floyd is great tripping music. Zappa is good too.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: First time with g/f [Re: killme]
    #4694270 - 09/22/05 10:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Amon Tobin, is deffinitely good, most people take a bit of time to let it grow on them but eventualystart to appreciate it more and more, look for his older stuff though, any cd other than out from outwhere (which is still a really good cd, it's just a little too electronic sounding for my likings)

Just noticed the part where you mentioned the heat killing the psilocybin when you tried it, if you only ate 1/4 wet, then you only really consumed maybe a gram dry, at most...

Edited by StickyWater (09/22/05 12:57 PM)

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: First time with g/f [Re: StickyWater]
    #4695198 - 09/22/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I think he confused fresh doses with dried doses. 30g fresh is a good dose IMHO.  3.5g dry is the equivalent. 

Walk in nature, listen to music (I find that any type is enjoyable tripping, even things I don't normally like, such as rap and reggae.  Anything with a good beat/rythym.)  If you wind up just chilling out with her and talking, then pop in any album by Mogwai, and it'll become the soundtrack of your life for as long as it's playing. 

Shrooming with a gf is like shrooming with a best friend x10.  If you really like each other.  Good luck, and may good vibes find their way to you! :hippie:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineAccentuate
Stranger
    #4697258 - 09/22/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Wow thanx, this is a lot of info here... hmm where to begin..

sticky- first off I never tripped a lot with shrooms did it about 5 times so im by no means an expert on it, Everytime i've had shrooms they were freshpicked (go with friends in the morning to some cowfarms then enjoyed them that afternoon) So im not sure how to tell how much i ate other than someone telling me "hey you just ate a quarter" or whatever... idk how to tell how many grams i am getting, can someone put up a pic of a bag of dried shroom that are 1 gram or 5 grams or w/e for visual comparison? Im probably going to buy them this time and need to know if everything is correct (the "friends" i had went crazy with drugs and took things too far IMHO so i havent talked to any of them in about a year). I'm talking to a fairly good friend now who recently bought some aminitas, he described that they were different from cubes in this "It had a very strong buzz, but no real visuals, it was a body trip" he said the buzz was different than the one you get on cubes and i asked him if it was lovey and he basically said if im looking for that i should stick with the cubes with my girlfriend. does anyone concur with this?
I myself play guitar (been playing for about 6-7 years so i can definately play w/o hassle/eyes closed)), shakuhachi, drums and piano//my girlfriend play piano too and that sounds like a great idea, thanx for the tip.

hmm I tried d/l every band listed in this thread and the ones from your pm mighty but none are working so that kind of sucks.. is there any good site like what sharingthegroove was that i could get these torrents? i tried isohunt but none worked

Oh yes! Mogwai is fricken awesome, young team is one fo my fav. albums ever. I shoulda thought of them.

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
    #4697272 - 09/22/05 10:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

3.5 is too much... i'd say 3.5 between the two of you... make up some tea, have some mellow music and plenty of water or whatever you like to drink. have a comfortable room in your "comfort zone" give her a small dose, around 1.5 grams dried and everything should go smoothly...

think positive and positive things will happen... and vice versa

--------------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: First time with g/f [Re: theBRINK]
    #4697295 - 09/22/05 10:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you want me to send you some of my favourite songs you can always PM me and I can send them to you via MSN.

The only way to judge shroom weight is by scale, all shrooms come in different sizes and shapes so it's hard to tell, I've done it, but could never do it just by looking at a picture I don't think. If you can get an equal weight in weed to that of the shrooms you want to eat then you could scale it by hand, it's not the most accurate/reliable way, but if you're good at it then it'll do...

Otherwise it's hard to tell.

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
Re: First time with g/f [Re: StickyWater]
    #4697646 - 09/22/05 11:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Toss in a Grateful Dead show for your trip. You won't be disappointed. This one's my favorite:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=12252

The show is absolutely perfect, stellar from beginning to end.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Scales, Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience