Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
I think I found some amantia's in Seattle.
    #4691698 - 09/21/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Today before a meeting in Downtown Seattle, I showed up like a hour early so I decided to look around a bit since where I was going was right next to a spot I picked cyans last year and I wanted to see if anything was growing. Looking around I saw a few mushrooms that were nothing before I came upon two huge off-red mushrooms with white spots on the top looking just like those ones in the Super Mario Bros. completely in shock I picked them and ran back to my car. Now I need help identifying them. I don't have a digicam but if one is needed I'm more than happy to borrow one from my friend in the next few days but these suckers are pretty distinctive. I don't think amantias grow in Seattle and I've never seen one before so I'm looking for an ID.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I found some amantia's in Seattle. [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4691732 - 09/21/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Err... I thought these were psycho active but reading online apparently they're the most toxic mushrooms known to man... DOH!

Oh well... good times...

--------------------

OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

Loc: Pacific Northwest USA
    #4692048 - 09/21/05 07:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

do a www.google.com For amanita Muscaria, it should be fairly obvious if thats what it is ... And deadly toxic ... there are some members of Amanita genus that are just that ... but Muscaria is not one unless eaten in gross amounts ... Seattle area ... Nothing in Thurston Co yet , - Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #4692067 - 09/21/05 08:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Amanita muscaria contains muscimol and ibotenic acid which are psychoactive, they don't contain psiloc(yb)in. It's a totally different experience.
A lot of guides list Psilocybe species as toxic, it doesn't mean it's going to kill you or even harm you. They do grow prolifically in the PNW.

--------------------

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I found some amantia's in Seattle. [Re: Tranceharper]
    #4692204 - 09/21/05 08:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Is there anything that looks like Amantia's that are poisoned or anything I don't want to be eating?

--------------------

Offlineiamgod
just some dudesome where

Loc: Crooklyn, New York
    #4692250 - 09/21/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes. Many members of that genus are hard to identify. Unless you're completely sure that it is what it is, it is inadvisable to eat it. Try to post a good description of the mushrooms in question.

* Habitat (where [woods, pasture, state,province,country, altitude] and what [soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?)] does it grow on)
* Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
* Characteristics of the stem (length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
* Characteristics of the cap (diameter,color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
* Spore print color (very important!)
* Color that the mushroom bruises
* Scent of the mushroom
* Anything else you might find important

--------------------
If what you seek is truth then drugs can not offer truth. Drugs can offer the truth of drugs.......Altered states. Truth is not an altered state of mind. ~ Big Headed Nice Guy Who Loves You And Your Dog

http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Flash/Think_It_Over.swf

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I found some amantia's in Seattle. [Re: iamgod]
    #4692310 - 09/21/05 08:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

iamgod said:
Yes. Many members of that genus are hard to identify. Unless you're completely sure that it is what it is, it is inadvisable to eat it. Try to post a good description of the mushrooms in question.

* Habitat (where [woods, pasture, state,province,country, altitude] and what [soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?)] does it grow on)
* Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
* Characteristics of the stem (length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
* Characteristics of the cap (diameter,color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
* Spore print color (very important!)
* Color that the mushroom bruises
* Scent of the mushroom
* Anything else you might find important

Found them in a patch of wood chips in Downtown Seattle.

White gills, I'm not sure what you mean by attached or not.

Hang on I'll do a spore print right now.

The stem is kind of thick but a little hollow. The stem has a thick white mucus like discharge that comes off of it.

Here's a pic. I have a broken digicam on my phone but I managed to take this pic.

--------------------

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (09/21/05 08:58 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #4692381 - 09/21/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That looks like one. I wouldn't eat it though unless you enjoy puking. It won't kill you, but the gain isn't worth the pain in my opinion.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I found some amantia's in Seattle. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4692411 - 09/21/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Can anyone direct me to a website about amantia's? I'd like to do some studying before I try these.

--------------------

OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

#4692582 - 09/21/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Erowid and such are good resources , I would think shroomery could provide as much or more info if one searched ... That does look like Amanita Muscaria , you have me excited ! Stupid question, living only a hour or two drive south , but I dont typicaly watch news channel ... What was the weather like in the past 2-3 days ? Sorry for asking on your post ^_0 but these are the only 'active' mushroom that I have any interest in what so ever, and up untill now my method of ' hunting ' has basicly been just picking the local patch ... But none are up yet, and at this point, I am more than willing to travel to find them - Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4692606 - 09/21/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I was completely shocked to find them because it's still kind of early in the season and it's been rather dry around here. I didn't even think Amantias grow in the NW so to see the mushrooms from the Mario Bros. I was surprised and delighted and couldn't believe it.

Interesting note, there was virtually nothing else growing in the area aside from two or three other species which didn't look to be anything and then these two huge babies.

These were the first amantia's I've ever seen and it was just so random. I mean boom... there they were out in the open in an extremely public place not more than maybe 200 steps from where I parked my car.

Pretty cool.

--------------------

OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

#4692676 - 09/21/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yes they are very cool :smile: as one mentioned, these are not something I think most people would enjoy , they are going to cause nausia , sometimes extream nausia , and as many would say they MUST be dried to be consumed 'safely' , I admit I did not dry any last year, my preference was to eat very slowly , a young raw cap , before it had begun to flaten out , as perfect and flawless a specimine as I could find, They are more toxic in this regard, and likely less psychoactive, however when I ate it , one thing I will say , it holds above any other mushroom I have ever eaten, and I typicaly prefer to cook any mushroom, I dont even like button mushrooms sliced raw on salads ... It tastes absolutely divine . That said , I vomited about three hours after consuming it , and the nausia went away within about five minutes after that , I have consumed in the same manner with a ' very ' small amount of Atropa Belladonna in my tobacco , and both times seemed quite similar. No hallucinations, but my mental diologue ceased , I could talk, and think, but I dident ' talk to myself' inside my head, as most people do , and I was in a very ' loving ' mood . I was in love with everything. These are considered deleriants however, and probobly are not most peoples cup of tea, nor do I think the experience I had was typical , also take into consieration, at the time, my brain had been altered signifigantly by tropane nightshades for some time ... -Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: I think I found some amantia's in Seattle. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4694217 - 09/22/05 08:05 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:

That looks like one. I wouldn't eat it though unless you enjoy puking. It won't kill you, but the gain isn't worth the pain in my opinion.
RR

I don't like them either Roger.

I know where tons of them grow.

I never bother picking them.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I found some amantia's in Seattle. [Re: Roadkill]
    #4694643 - 09/22/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'll give them a shot tonight with some friends just to see what it's like. I'm not looking forward to throwing up but meh... you gotta try everything once.

--------------------

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (09/22/05 10:30 AM)

OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

#4694745 - 09/22/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder if anyone concerns themselves with it or not, but if you found yours near a polution source, or on the edge of a parking lot, I personaly would not consume such a fly agaric, from what I know, they absorb toxins rather readily , at this point though , I just might disregard that :wink: I am going to wait for the next rain , and a day or two after that go looking up north towards seattle , no idea where to look, another area crossed my mind , that being out towards enumclaw , I used to live up in that direction and remember seeing alot , anyone seen them up near highway 410 ? -Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #4694883 - 09/22/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That holds true for anything that you plan on consuming.. I've passed on eating lots of specimens.
There is a chemical producing plant not too far from where I live. The water system is set up to where some of the chemical waste that they dump drains right up the creek and into my woods when it rains.
I always have to be careful as to what I eat from back there..

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I found some amantia's in Seattle. [Re: eris]
    #4695013 - 09/22/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I found these on like a park thing in between two roads in the same spot I found and consumed cyans from last season with no problem so I'm not worried about it.

And honestly... it's been like six months since I've done shrooms... so... that pretty much assures I am taking them.

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4695059 - 09/22/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just read... and make sure you prepare them, and good luck :smile: Read the erowid reports good and bad.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I found some amantia's in Seattle. [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4695068 - 09/22/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

elgr said:
Just read... and make sure you prepare them, and good luck :smile: Read the erowid reports good and bad.

I'm reading everything I can find on them now just to be prepared for this tonight.

I just positively identifyed them too. I knew they were the right ones but I just found the sub-species on erowid.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_muscaria_formosa.shtml

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm going to be a pirate tonight.

Sorry... but I am so excitied.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

#4695474 - 09/22/05 02:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Wow Formosa , geting a bit far west now isent she ... Hmm , Around here I found Amanita Muscaria var Muscaria

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_muscaria_muscaria.shtml

Something are yet a bit foggy for me on all the fly agarics, Will they fruit after a frost ? because we have been geting frosts / freezes here , as I said once before, my method of ' hunting 'them, was to basicly just return to the same stand of mixed forest, where I had seen them hiking , last year I found them around the 14th of September, a bit overdue ... Any veteran fly agaric hunters able to answer the question of frost effecting fruiting ? By freeze, I mean there was a layer of ice in my cats water dish ... -Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

Edited by Tranceharper (09/22/05 02:06 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds