Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleanonymous0
Stranger
blindfolding? other experimenting?
    #4672042 - 09/16/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hi all:

i am looking into tripping for my third time soon, and i was thinking about things i'd like to do
i was interested in maybe doing part (or all) of the trip blindfolded. has anyone done this? is it worth it?

i was also thinking i could dose and then sleep, so that i could be woken up an hour later or whatever already tripping. i'mm not sure this would work though...

anyway, thoughts? does anyone else have any ideas for way to experiment ?

also, has anyone ever set up situations ...in order to see how you react or deal with them? i'd really like to put myself in weird situations this time.

thanks for any imput

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

Re: blindfolding? other experimenting? [Re: anonymous0]
    #4672078 - 09/16/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I dont think the sleeping experiment is possible, unless you have a lot of control over falling asleep. Chances are that the anticipation of the oncoming trip will prevent you from sleeping though.

The blindfold one sounds interesting, but if you force yourself to wear it the whole time, it may result in a bad trip. Youd probably just get CEVs until you get sick of it.

If its only youre 3rd time tripping, the concept is pretty new to you anyways. Maybe get some experience with tripping under normal conditions first?

--------------------

Offlinecurtisebear
Stranger
    #4691504 - 09/21/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

in response to the first 2 questions, blindfolding and sleeping into the trip, i've done both. I've only done shrooms like 5 times (am about to a sixth, got a fuckin potent 8th sitting on the desk right in front of me...oh boy!). anyway a couple times ago i had a half eighth left over (only need a half of these) from the previous night. Knew it probably wasnt a good idea to take them, but i was pretty bored. anyway i had heard if you do it one day after the next its not as strong of a trip, so i didnt know how much less effective it would be.

Ate them with a full meal, then waited. and waited. and waited. about 2 hours later i was pissed after having come to the conclusion that nothing was going to happen, and i had wasted them. so i went to sleep. I woke up about an hour later (3 hours after ingestion) tripping balls. it was pretty fucking cool.

so yeah i was tripping by myself and i was bored so i decided to try some shit just to see...whatever. I didn't blindfold myself, but what I did is take a warm shower in complete darkness, and it was the coolest fucking thing i've ever done on shrooms. I just sat on the floor in the shower for like 45 minutes with my eyes wide open, complete darkness. its cool as fuck, you can't tell how big the shower is. its sort of like sitting in a huge cavern, cuz for all i knew it was enormous. destroyed the illusion to reach out and touch the walls though.

Oh yeah, and what brandon said about the blindfolding thing resulting in a bad trip...probably true. i say try the shower thing just cuz its badass, but don't do it the whole time. after i got out of the shower last time i dried off and sat on the floor in complete darkness for the next 5 hours. like 2 hours of it were ok, but the last 3 hours were the worst trip of my life. oh well, it was an experience if nothing else. have fun experimenting.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: blindfolding? other experimenting? [Re: curtisebear]
    #4691807 - 09/21/05 07:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I reached ego loss for my first time in a shower, on a low dose too (didn't have scale at the time for accurate measurment).

I always enjoy playing with bamboo while tripping. Martial arts come so smooth and naturally when tripping. It's even more fun to get someone else to trip with you, so you can have bamboo battles!

Invisibleanonymous0
Stranger
Re: blindfolding? other experimenting? [Re: curtisebear]
    #4708301 - 09/25/05 02:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the advice - shrooming and a warm shower sounds like a really good combination.
a couple of weeks ago, i smoked a j and then hopped in the shower, made the room pitch dark, and turned on some MUSIC. it was insane, and i had the craziest visuals i've ever had on just ganja. i saw spirals of yellow smiley faces swirling and laughing at me.
INSANE

Offlineshafty
fungus is urfriend
Male
    #4708478 - 09/25/05 03:07 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i find it pretty much impossible to sleep while tripping. the blindfold would most likely just give you a bunch of CEV's, why not just close your eyes in a dark room?
as for trip tips, i say replace the light bulbs in your place of residence with different colored lights. if you have the money, make each room a different color. it'll really mess with you while tripping to dark side of the moon.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: blindfolding? other experimenting? [Re: shafty]
    #4708951 - 09/25/05 08:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like to get into weird places while I'm tripping.

Like last time I spent at least half my trip in the wine cellar in my basement with no light, and in the various closets in my house. I also spent some time laying in the back of my car, and behind the shed in my backyard.

I think this is only fun for me because I do whippits during my whole trip, and its just so bizzarre no matter where you are.

Anyway...

A blindfold would be good, added with earplugs in a bathtub would be even better. That'd probably be as close as most people could get to sensory deprivation at home.

--------------------
:mallow:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: blindfolding? other experimenting? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4710010 - 09/25/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

definitely try the blindfold. put on some music, and dance blindfolded. make sure the area is clear of debri! i did this, and it kinda feels like rediscovering your body. ever since, i've been planning on training blindfolded, seems like a great idea.

meditating while tripping is an incredible experience... yoga is very nice as well. i would suggest maybe go for a light jog around the block, that's how i realized i actually like jogging.

if you have any tribal drums, or even pots and pans, try to get a beat going. it's pretty intense once you really get into the rhythm.

i hope you enjoy your trip very much :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: blindfolding? other experimenting? [Re: entiformatie]
    #4710256 - 09/25/05 02:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Tribal Drums, YEAHH!!  :crazy2:

Screw the shower, go straight for the pool!
Swimming on shrooms is bliss.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: blindfolding? other experimenting? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4710574 - 09/25/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When I was really young, I would push my fists lightly into my eyes and rub a little. I would keep the pressure there after the rubbing for some time. The coolest visuals happen when you do this.
To the point where it works days-months after the experience with stunning results. If ya like closed eye visuals the prior is cool, but then try it with one eye in brawd daylight or in the dark. The visuals are wicked and more complexity fits on the head of a pin this way. The depravation of normal blood flow into the eyes is trippy once you see the results.

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: blindfolding? other experimenting? [Re: stemmer]
    #4710755 - 09/25/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
When I was really young, I would push my fists lightly into my eyes and rub a little. I would keep the pressure there after the rubbing for some time. The coolest visuals happen when you do this.
To the point where it works days-months after the experience with stunning results. If ya like closed eye visuals the prior is cool, but then try it with one eye in brawd daylight or in the dark. The visuals are wicked and more complexity fits on the head of a pin this way. The depravation of normal blood flow into the eyes is trippy once you see the results.

I know exactly what your talkin about. I used to do that in school sometimes. If you just slightly press your eyes back into your skull for about 5 seconds, you will be sorrounded by the most incredible waves of light and flowing colors and patterns.

I actually tried doing this one time while tripping. I got so deep into my mind that when i forgot what i was doing and just dropped my arms limp to my bed. Like 5 seconds later when my sight stated coming back i was totally suprised to see that i was in a very intense trip. It was amazing (like all trips).

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag