Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Ph Litmus Papers
    #4687210 - 09/20/05 06:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I bought some universal test strips (Litmus Papers) they have four squares on them all of them detailing only Ph. I heard these kind were essential due to dark colored liquids involved in some extractions. I have white vinegar 5% acidity (using Mar's DMt Extraction Guide) and everytime I put the strip in the the mix of liquid 400ml of dH20 and 70ml of white vinegar. I only get the same colors each time it always read 2-3 Ph level. I even added more vinegar and even more but nothing ever changed. I'm thinking that im thinking this process operates differently. I want to know if the water will ever get any higher in acidity if I continue to add more vinegar. I'm also using Mar's Tek Calculator I'm pretty sure it will never rise above Ph 2-3 because it only contains so much acid. I have a gallong of the white vinegar. I was wondering also if Lye is the same way? Is muratic acid the same way? How will I ever know if its Ph 11?

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineeVil_
StrangelyFamiliar
 User Gallery

Loc: Iowa
Re: Ph Litmus Papers [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #4687463 - 09/20/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

2-3 pH is actually pretty acidic, if you want to go the opposite direction and make the solution basic you'll need to stop adding any kind of acid and start adding basifiers, i.e. lye.

1 2 3 4 5 6 *7* 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
<---Acidic Neutral Basic --->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PH

--------------------
It's great to be here. I thank you. Ah, I've been on the road doing comedy for ten years now, so bear with me while I plaster on a fake smile and plough through this shit one more time. - Bill Hicks

<Guest> has anyone ever heard of sprinklen a freshcow pattie w dust and hangin it from a tree in cheese cloth and watering it?

OfflineNCognito
Stranger
Re: Ph Litmus Papers [Re: eVil_]
    #4687654 - 09/20/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well if you are getting a reading of 2-3 then the only higher acidic rating would be a 1 which you probably wont even get with straight vinegar...but why are you tryin to get more acidic than what you are at the moment, a ph of 4 is acidic enough...

just so you know you should basify to a ph of 13 instead of 11

I wouldn't worry that much about the pH especially with Mars tek if you use the amount of solvents that is specified in his tek you will get the right pH.

I don't mean to be an ass but you might wanna read a little more about extracting DMT before you continue with the process, it will probably save you a headache later on...check out DMTworld.org they have a lot of great info but their site is down at the moment but when they come back up def. check em out...peace

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Ph Litmus Papers [Re: NCognito]
    #4689806 - 09/21/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

*delete*

--------------------
Quote:

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (09/21/05 10:58 AM)

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Ph Litmus Papers [Re: NCognito]
    #4689816 - 09/21/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NCognito said:
Well if you are getting a reading of 2-3 then the only higher acidic rating would be a 1 which you probably wont even get with straight vinegar...but why are you tryin to get more acidic than what you are at the moment, a ph of 4 is acidic enough...

just so you know you should basify to a ph of 13 instead of 11

I wouldn't worry that much about the pH especially with Mars tek if you use the amount of solvents that is specified in his tek you will get the right pH.

I don't mean to be an ass but you might wanna read a little more about extracting DMT before you continue with the process, it will probably save you a headache later on...check out DMTworld.org they have a lot of great info but their site is down at the moment but when they come back up def. check em out...peace

NCognito also no offense, I have read about DMT extracting and I know every bit I could fit in my head. The only question was why the acid wasnt rising when I thought it would. No extraction tells you about this. Ph 12.5 is best and 13 isnt as common though it could be better. If you read up on DMT you would know some people get more yeild without any acids. Also Ph 1 is lower than Ph 2+ not the other way around. Thats like saying 1 is the farthest number. Well thanks for sort've answering my question im gratefull.  :rolleyes:

I also had put a litmus paper in the gallon of vinegar and it read the same. It's only going to read the content you would probably need a more acidy product. So im sure im alright and will go ahead just follow Mar's tek. I wasnt even really worried about it... just was curious. Adding more of the same acid I think wont change the Ph level at all since that acid only contains that much acid. I simply answered my question.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (09/21/05 10:59 AM)

OfflineNCognito
Stranger
Re: Ph Litmus Papers [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #4690966 - 09/21/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well you said you were going to follow Mars Tek...On the 3rd tip of mars updated tek as of June 8th he says to basify to a ph of 13. True some call for 12 or 12.5 but since you said you were going to use a specific tek I figured that whatever number the tek specified you would use that one.

As for your statement, "Also Ph 1 is lower than Ph 2+ not the other way around." It is true that 1 is numerically a smaller number than 2 but if you re-read my post I said the only higher acidic rating than 2 is a 1 which is completley true. A liquid with a pH of 1 is more acidic than a liquid with a pH of 2.

I wish you the best of luck because it sounds like you need it...well that and some time to re-read the tek you are using.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale