Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Dutch Talk-Show Host to Take Heroin on Air
    #4689632 - 09/21/05 11:49 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Dutch Talk-Show Host to Take Heroin on Air
September 21, 2005 - ABC News

Dutch Talk-Show Host Plans to Take Heroin on the Air, Causing Stir Even in Liberal Netherlands

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) - The host of a new Dutch talk show plans to take heroin and other illegal drugs on air in a program intended to reach young audiences on topics that touch their lives, producers said Wednesday.

The show, scheduled to premier on late-night television Oct. 10, is called "Spuiten & Slikken," or the "Shoot Up and Swallow" show.

Even in the liberal Netherlands, where marijuana is sold and used openly, the proposed action by presenter Filemon Wesselink is illegal, and the idea was met with dismay by the ruling center-right Christian Democrat party.

"This is dangerous, and it sets a bad example," said party spokesman Pieter Heerma. "We're going to ask the Justice Minister for his view on what the law says about this, and his view on the dangers and risks involved."

Justice Ministry spokesman Ivo Hommes said it wasn't immediately clear whether Wesselink would be prosecuted: possession of any amount of heroin is illegal but in practice police usually don't have resources to chase after people with less than a half a gram.

"The actual taking of drugs is a health problem, not a criminal act, though it's obviously hard to take drugs without possessing them first," Hommes said. "In any case it's not something we endorse, and doing it on television is undesirable."

The Shoot Up & Swallow show's main hostess will interview guests about drug use and abuse, while Wesselink and another presenter will carry out in-the-field experiments with sex and drugs.

Wesselink, 26, plans to ingest heroin in the form of a pill, said Ingrid Timmer, a spokeswoman for the show's producer BNN.

"It's not our intention to create an outcry. We just want to talk about subjects that are part of young people's lives," Timmer said.

In other segments of the show, Wesselink plans to go on a drinking binge in a series of pubs. He also will try LSD on his couch under the supervision of his mother.

The Netherlands is known for its marijuana policy, where sale and use of the drug in small quantities are not prosecuted even though technically illegal. Other drugs, including LSD, cocaine, Ecstasy and heroin are outlawed and dealers are prosecuted. The legal age for the consumption of alcohol and tobacco is 16.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Dutch Talk-Show Host to Take Heroin on Air [Re: veggie]
    #4689641 - 09/21/05 11:51 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Hah.

I bet he'll take the heroin and be like 'holy SHIT... this is the best feeling in the whole fucking world... oh my GOD!!'

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Dutch Talk-Show Host to Take Heroin on Air [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4689932 - 09/21/05 01:33 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

um heroin isnt orally active?

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

Re: Dutch Talk-Show Host to Take Heroin on Air [Re: coda]
    #4689959 - 09/21/05 01:42 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

you can take it orally, but it will take higher dose to get the same high because most of the chemicals break down into morphine from your stomache acids.
http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=116

--------------------
----------
"You will never understand what reality truly is untill you first decide to open your eyes to see that it exists."
-Ancient Traveler

"There he goes...One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
-Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
    #4690061 - 09/21/05 02:08 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Sounds like a great way to give young people less respects for heroin, drinking and LSD...and a great way to give anti-drug crusaders more leverage against idiotic drugs use. But hey, every thing is allowed, this is the postmodern society.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4690138 - 09/21/05 02:23 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

"I had someone at the Houston police station shoot me with heroin so I could do a story about it. The experience was a special kind of hell. I came out understanding full well how one could be addicted to 'smack,' and quickly." - Dan Rather in Ladies' Home Journal, July 1980 edition.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
    #4690142 - 09/21/05 02:24 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

In another AP reporting of this story, it says the heroin will be smoked not ingested.

Quote:

For one episode, Wesselink, 26, plans to smoke heroin, said Ingrid Timmer, spokeswoman for the show's producer, BNN.

Actually this is not without precedent. Dan Rather, the CBS Evening News reporter, said in the Ladies' Home Journal, July 1980 edition:

Quote:

In 1955 or '56, I had someone at the Houston police station shoot me with heroin so I could do a story about it. The experience was a special kind of hell. I came out understanding full well how one could be addicted to 'smack,' and quickly.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Dutch Reporter To Take Drugs On TV [Re: veggie]
    #4695479 - 09/22/05 04:07 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000233471

Dutch Reporter To Take Drugs On TV

September 22, 2005 11:01 a.m. EST

Hector Duarte Jr. - All Headline News Staff Reporter

Amsterdam, Netherlands (AHN) - Talk about gonzo journalism. Producers say a field reporter for a Dutch television talk show plans to use heroin and other illegal drugs on the air during a weekly program on issues concerning young people.

"Shoot Up and Swallow," which is scheduled to premiere as a late-night show Oct. 10, has sparked an outcry in the infamously liberal Netherlands, where marijuana is sold and used openly. The proposed drug use by reporter Filemon Wesselink, however, is illegal.

Justice Ministry spokesman Ivo Hommes says it is not immediately clear whether Wesselink could be prosecuted. Possession of any amount of heroin is illegal, but, generally, police do not arrest anyone carrying less than half a gram.

The show's in-studio host, Sophie Hilbrand, will interview guests about drug use and abuse, while Wesselink appears in segments experimenting with drugs and liquor.

Ingrid Timmer, spokeswoman for the show's producer, BNN, says Wesselink, 26, plans to smoke heroin for one episode. For others, he plans to go on a drinking binge in a series of pubs. Later, he will take the hallucinogenic drug LSD on his couch under the supervision of his mother.

BNN has drawn criticism for previous shows, including one featuring a segment on how to have sex in a nightclub.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service