Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeremy_Davis
Mycelial NetworkAdministrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Mushrooms to fight world hunger - just wanted to share
    #4682315 - 09/19/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey now everyone!
We've finally got a place on the Internet to share our mushroom info. ECHO, or Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization is a non-profit that works to fight world hunger through education and the dissemination of seeds, spores, and cultures.
I just wanted to share a page with some info we've compiled. It has our experiments with a solar pasteurizer, some reishi's I'm growing right now (and the weird story of they're life), pics of our inoculation techniques and a lot more. It's just a blog page, so the beginning post is actually at the bottom.

here it is;

www.echotech.org/greta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJeremy_Davis
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms to fight world hunger - just wanted to share [Re: Jeremy_Davis]
    #4685404 - 09/20/05 06:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Didn't see any interest, so I thought I'd post these pics. Enjoy!
Here's some reishi's I'm growing from a local isolate;

Here are some blue oysters. They lightened to almost white as they matured.

Here's a solar powered pasteurizer that we built for free, and run for free.

Reishi's growing from under the block!

Much much more on this and more at
www.echotech.or/greta
If you check it out, please post here or post a comment there so I know you were there, there's no counter yet. Enjoy!
Light and Love,
Jeremy

Edited by Jeremy_Davis (09/20/05 07:05 AM)

Invisibleshobimono
Why?
    #4685444 - 09/20/05 07:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Nice website, thanks for sharing this with us!

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4685511 - 09/20/05 08:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup: very, very cool!  I love oysters, eating and growing them.  Great grow setup you got going there too.  Very cool.

I think your post would be much more appreciated in the gourmet forums though.  This forum is mainly for active mushies....not too many people are interested in edibles here.  I personally find all mushies interesting though.

Nice work!

OfflineJeremy_Davis
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms to fight world hunger - just wanted to share [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4685952 - 09/20/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No problem! I'm happy to share! The website has the info on our solar pasteurizer, which is really cool. I just fill substrate into filter patch bags, load into pasteurizer, leave for the day (or two or three, they all seem to work fine), and come back in the morning. Unload the cooled bags and move them into the lab, inoculate, and seal. Pretty simple. It's based on the solar oven design. I'll be building a new one soon, but it will be from purchased materials, instead of scavenged. Should look nice though.
Light and Love,
Jeremy Davis

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

OfflineOwl
Stranger
Loc: Netherlands
    #4689248 - 09/21/05 05:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Very cool :thumbup: You have some beautiful grows going there... I especially like the simplicity of some of them like making some holes in a cut banana stem and filling them up with grain spawn and the solar pasteurizer. Definitely techniques that could easily be used by resource poor farmers in developing countries.

I am very curious how the solar pasteurized straw worked out. Did you use it? I am also very curious if you had success with growing Agraricus blazei.

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: Mushrooms to fight world hunger - just wanted to share [Re: Owl]
    #4689388 - 09/21/05 07:46 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

nice work  :thumbup:

what part of Fl are you guys in

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

OfflineJeremy_Davis
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms to fight world hunger - just wanted to share [Re: mskip23]
    #4689485 - 09/21/05 08:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've used compost that I've pasteurized in the solar unit, but it's still in it's first months of existence. I just painted the inside walls black last week, so I could do more massive amounts of substrate at one time. It works wonderfully well. Much easier for me than with hot water pasteurization or steaming. I'm going to use the straw for some pink oysters very soon. I want to test the capacity level of the unit for 5 lb. filter patch bags. I'd like to put 35-50, we'll see. I have to find out wether I can stack upwards or only use the single layer on the floor. I'll post soon when I can. Probably next week after Hurricane Rita rolls through. Can't do much solar pasteurizing in a hurricane!

As far as where we are located in FL, we are in Southwest Florida. North Fort Myers.
If you're interested in our projects, and/or are a local, we're currently looking for volunteers. If you've got time, enthusiasm and are responsible, we'd love to hear from you. We are gearing up for our agricultural conference in November, and I hope to have the mushroom area looking great.

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

#4704509 - 09/24/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

awesome sight JD! great info and super concise, ill be checking it out more from now on for sure! thanks for sharing all your hard works, and thanks for being a part of the consious alliance movement.. connecting food to the people that need it, and the knowledge to make it themselves, truly sacred work! thanks!

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4705293 - 09/24/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yea I have to agree w/ Matty , very great work.

I will keep my eyes peeled on your website ,and watch for future posts, as i'd like to assist in any way I can to such selfless causes.

Much Love

--------------------
I&I

Offlineyouarewhatyouis9
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms to fight world hunger - just wanted to share [Re: Rastafari]
    #4705876 - 09/24/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

agreed

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate