Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Final Fantasy - Advent Children
    #4689090 - 09/21/05 04:05 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

So the only way I can describe this film is...

Take the highway chase scene from the Matrix, add in some characters that are reminiscent of the Chronicles or Riddick, do some of the best things that where done in the Animatrix, borrow alot of the fight choreography from newer Chinese films like Hero and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and alot of the sustained fight levels of Kung Fu Hustle, and a feel of the characters internal universe from Ghost in the Shell 2.

Now set all of this in the Final Fantasy 7 Universe.

My only complaint is that it's soooo fast pasted. If you haven't played the game since you've been 12, you BETTER re-fresh you're self on the history of the Universe. Because they expect you to remember it ALL. If you don't you'll be LOST really fast.

That being said, here is a link to somewhere where you can read a plot summary.

If you have not played the game, ether you read this, or you WILL BE LOST. So you have to weigh it out, read like 20 or 30 pages of story summary, or have no clue what's going on.

Also there was a short anime Final Fantasy : Last Order that takes place 5 years before the game. (Advent Children happens 2 years after I believe)

Oh, yea, and while it was great to hear Uematsu with a real Orchestra, it's kinda disappointing that he's getting in to more Japanese rock. I like the way he uses that sound as color in orchestras in 'One Winged Angle', but not so much in the stuff without orchestral backing.

Studios like Square-soft are going to be where it's at in like 5 years, it's like they've amassed such a base of talented artistic people; that there current works seem like they are made by the collective sub -conscience of digital artistic intelligence.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery
Re: Final Fantasy - Advent Children [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4708704 - 09/25/05 07:52 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media