Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomerJon
wild weiliihunter
 User Gallery

Water your weilii patches folks!!!
    #4669241 - 09/16/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Down here in good old Canton, Georgia, I have a patch of weilii that I established by spreading spores from all of my findings last year...the spores eventually made their way up to actual mushrooms. I found one in my backyard last year, and about sixty or so so far this year....and have found them about every two to three days from watering them with sprinklers. It is a shaded area of my backyard as well and sloped, which helps with adequate watering. All you have to do is find some weilii. Drop the spores directly onto the area that you want them to grow, blast that area of the lawn with a pressure washer causing recently disturbed land. Within 2 months to a year you will have a new weilii patch...I have done this in three areas of my backyard and they spread well and are beautiful specimines...My yard is a fescue grass/clover type lawn that has been here for 8 years. This seems to be a little older than most sources say to look. 

These are a few of my lawn varieties...
You can get results like this if you have a known patch. The weilii's mycelium must have constant moisture to develop mushrooms. If there is a dry period, this means all mycelium will come to a halt. Therefore you must keep constant moisture. I usually turn the sprinklers on for about 15, 20 minutes, then turn them off until the grass seems to need watering.
Well good luck pickin boogers this year. I hope this may help some... :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :heart: :heart:
What type of weilii do you like to hunt for?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/16/05 10:54 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Live life to the fullest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Water your weilii patches folks!!! [Re: ShroomerJon]
    #4669690 - 09/16/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i find it hard to believe that you propogated Psilocybe weilii by just dropping spores in your lawn and watering..

i suppose it is possible, it just seems like a long-shot to me..

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: Water your weilii patches folks!!! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4674280 - 09/17/05 02:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well it sure worked for him didn't it?!ha ha hey shroomer jon tell me did you just take the prints on paper,place them on the ground,and then water over them with a hose for a long time?Please explain you're procedure? I want to try it out! :thumbup: :mushroom2: :thumbup:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #4674682 - 09/17/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Im comin over and your gonna share some of them weiliis with me  :wink:

OfflineShroomerJon
wild weiliihunter
 User Gallery

Re: Water your weilii patches folks!!! [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #4677197 - 09/18/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"did you just take the prints on paper,place them on the ground,and then water over them with a hose for a long time?"....This is exactly what I did in one spot, and the others I did differently. From last year's dehydrator there was many many spores left all in the bottom from drying out over a pound dry from all season. I simply put water in the bottom of the dehydrator and poured the water into my grass on those spots...and used a water hose with high pressure and blasted the hell out of the ground all over the area I just poured spores. There were spores, and old bits of weilii and more and more spores...the white dehydrator looked almost a violet color from the amount of spores in there. Like pollen in the spring.

I am working on a growing cycle of a weilii...I got the first two pics yesterday...one in morning and one in evening. Ill post these when i get all the pics...
well hope I help out some...I cant wait til it rains tho because I have some mad woods patches that produce clusters of like 30 or 40 at a time...and sometimes 70. And on top of that you could find like 10 or 15 clusters like this.. It is truly worth the 5 mile walk thru nothing but wilderness to get these too...and are found right here in cherokee county/canton/waleska area... So for all you kenessaw hunters and woodstock hunters and gwinett hunters, try making a trip to canton and its surrounding towns. It really does have some great and beautiful flushes here and if you know what to look for, with a little effort you could find some MASSIVE patches...well everyone have a good day.
P.S. If you are one of those spiritual ass people that loves mother nature and appreciates anything natural. And loves to get out and "be one with nature" and crawl around in thick pines and sweetgum. I would love to share some spots with a very trustworthy person. So If you live near canton or cherokee county and can drive...PM me cuz I want to share what beautiful splendid patches I have discovered.

--------------------

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4687461 - 09/20/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I was a bit skeptical too, but it seems you did it. I must say, nice work. :thumbup:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineShroomerJon
wild weiliihunter
 User Gallery

Re: Water your weilii patches folks!!! [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4688369 - 09/20/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you Louise as you have been one of the few who has seemed to acknoledge my attept of producing weilii...Im pretty damn sure that with the right type of procedure and location, along with watering which is key, and temperatures that drop to the sixties at night, anyone can do this. When I say location I mean anywhere within the region of known weilii growth in North Georgia. On top of that, a lot where a house has been built on within the past 10 years with a foundation of red clay soil. Any fescue grass or bermuda grass with a red-clay base is ideal for fall weilii. If you do try this, make sure you disrupt the ground with high pressure water because it causes recently disrupted land which weilii love to thrive on. Like I said, it may take up till the next season before something actually grows...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale