Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

Ancient_Traveler's Art
    #4685555 - 09/20/05 09:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, just wanted to post some of my art. If you dont like it, just say it. No need to go to the extent that these guys did... http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4683993/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

please excuse the fuzzy/discolored scan quality

--------------------
----------
"You will never understand what reality truly is untill you first decide to open your eyes to see that it exists."
-Ancient Traveler

"There he goes...One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
-Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: Ancient_Traveler's Art [Re: Ancient_Traveler]
    #4685568 - 09/20/05 09:28 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup: good sketches

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Ancient_Traveler's Art [Re: rod]
    #4685744 - 09/20/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

very unique concepts! i enjoy your stuff very much, and the pencil drawings with the anthropomorphic trees are super RAD ...

i, too, use trees as a source of infinite inspiration ... here are some of my works that remind me a little of yours ...

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: Ancient_Traveler's Art [Re: HB]
    #4685818 - 09/20/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, incredibly impressive.  :eek:

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

Re: Ancient_Traveler's Art [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #4685920 - 09/20/05 11:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you. :smile:
I am a very outdoors type, deep thinking person. My biggest inspirations for my original art are trees and the moon. -The sky at night.
I used to draw/paint landscapes and animals...but it wasnt expressive enough. If you go outside and look at the sky during the day, sure its beautiful, but its like the your in a box and the lid is closed. Go out on a clear night and you can see forever...stars, planets, galexies, the moon...imagine possibilities of other life, etc.  I could look at the sky at night for hours and feel myself connecting, like I am seeking answers and, whether I get them or not, I still sense them out there.
I draw/paint to express who I am inside and use things like trees, the moon, the night sky, and other things that reflect acient wisdom such as mushrooms :wink:
Thanks again for the compliments.
HB - your art is awesome. Very much my style

--------------------
----------
"You will never understand what reality truly is untill you first decide to open your eyes to see that it exists."
-Ancient Traveler

"There he goes...One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4686287 - 09/20/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Traveler your art is awesome. I bet it would be fun to look at next time I'm tripping!

Offlineart
Stranger
Re: Ancient_Traveler's Art [Re: Pirate_Patrick]
    #4686693 - 09/20/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

wow, i really like them.

I also liked the tatoo; i don't know why people were such assholes about it? were they joking? I have noticed alot of immature people on this board.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #4687280 - 09/20/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That is some sweet shit.. both yous guys

--------------------

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #4687755 - 09/20/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

am I the only one that thinks it's tacky to post your own art in someone else's thread and say "here's some of my stuff that reminds me of your work"?

I respect you as an artist hb...  and maybe this is just a personal pet peeve of mine...  but it seems rude to post that stuff in that context, simply because it reminds you of his work.  It comes off seeming like a cheap way to get some pats on the back for your "good art".

Anyway, back to the main topic of the thread.  I really like your art.  Your paintings especially.  What else can I say besides keep on practicing, just like the rest of us.  Some of your stuff is pretty damn good, some of it clearly needs improving.  Try studying some anatomy books or look for pics online.  If you can get to a local life drawing session (which I'm trying to do here, but cant seem to find a good one), that would be your best option, even if it costs a couple bucks.

I love seeing other artists develop and grow, please post your stuff as you make more :smile:

Offlinesuperfalk
shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Ancient_Traveler's Art [Re: Turd]
    #4688115 - 09/20/05 09:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm a artist myself and I really like the second painting you posted, the coloring and style is nice....as for that tattoo you had posted, not really my style...but I'm not really a tattoo guy myself so i didn't really like it as a tattoo. I think your talented with art the only thing I'd say to keep an eye out for is your composition.... some of your work seem to lack good composition. But overall good stuff!

--------------------
I'm Shpongled!

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4689310 - 09/21/05 06:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Turd said:
am I the only one that thinks it's tacky to post your own art in someone else's thread and say "here's some of my stuff that reminds me of your work"?

I agree...low blow hijacking

but hey consider the source

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

#4689356 - 09/21/05 07:13 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Turd said:
Some of your stuff is pretty damn good, some of it clearly needs improving. Try studying some anatomy books or look for pics online. If you can get to a local life drawing session (which I'm trying to do here, but cant seem to find a good one), that would be your best option, even if it costs a couple bucks.

? You mean like human anatomy? Yeah I know I need to work on that, buy in all these pictures I've posted, the "people" are either not supposed to be proportionate because they're twisted by psilocybin influence or they're half tree...or have no legs, etc. The only other one would be the solder, and I cant find anything wrong with it.
Dont get me wrong, I'm not getting deffensive, just not sure what you mean.
And hey, I dont mind at all about hb posting his work. I love seeing it and I like to see work similar to mine.

--------------------
----------
-Ancient Traveler

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #4689568 - 09/21/05 09:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, your anatomy is decent, and you have the basic shapes down pretty well.  Some examples of areas that need improvement:

The sillouette on the road to perdition portrait.  The character's right side (viewer's left) is poorly defined, the line just kind of wanders without any definitive anatomical base.

The characters that are all distorted and psilocybed out have a great style and distortion to them, but in order to get the best possible distortions, one needs a very solid base in the anatomy they are distorting.  While your faces are good, there's certainly room for improvement.

The soldier is good as well, but he's pretty simple.  The hands are very basic shapes lacking the detail they could have, and the proportions on the legs are a little wonky.

Don't take this the wrong way, it's all meant to be constructive.  These are the kind of straight-up crits I ask for when I show people my stuff, the least I can do is offer the same in return :smile:

hope this helped

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

#4689595 - 09/21/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah does help. Thank you. :smile:
I wasnt arguing with you, I was just looking for specifics.
I am really working on improving, I just need some specific areas to work on, so you are helpful :laugh:

--------------------
----------
-Ancient Traveler

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies