Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNicolibroadcast
Stranger
First Successful Frutification
    #4684164 - 09/19/05 09:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just wanted to share my first successful attempt with everyone here who shares the info that made it possible.

I have been reading The Mushroom Cultivator by Stamets and wanted to share a lesson learned. The cake on the right had what Stamets calls a "volunteer" a pin that formed much earlier than any others and grew to be a hog and seemed to affect pinning on the rest of the cake. I read I was supposed to remove him to allow for better pin set but being my first trials I couldn't bear to do it. But in the future I definately will as you can see it does effect the overall pin set.

Just some left over substrate I put into a small tupperware container sterilized in the microwave and inocc by opening the lid slightly just thought I would give it a try. Well what do you know it worked it is funny shaped because I let it form invitro and because it loves me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: First Successful Frutification [Re: Nicolibroadcast]
    #4684174 - 09/19/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

congrats and many more to come.
:peace:

Offlinecobainkal
Stranger
    #4686899 - 09/20/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

congrats. grains are calling you, successful shroom grower.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: First Successful Frutification [Re: cobainkal]
    #4687100 - 09/20/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

because I let it form invitro and because it loves me

:lol:

InvisibleTurkish
New Kid on theBlock

#4688044 - 09/20/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nicolibroadcast said:
Well what do you know it worked it is funny shaped because I let it form invitro and because it loves me.

<-- Hahaha, that's hilarious.
Nice work on your grow.

--------------------
"Vive Quebec! Vive Jay Sherman"

-Turkish

OfflineNicolibroadcast
Stranger
Re: First Successful Frutification [Re: cobainkal]
    #4716314 - 09/26/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just started incubating 8 WBS pints. I have really low expectations though because I made my own spore syringe and I like to keep things really simple so they are probably contamed but only time will tell. I really liked how the bird seed jars come together and a shakeable substrate is awesome too. And to explain what I did to make the syringes I took a really small sour cream container you know the ones that have a 4" dia. and are only about 1-1/2" tall previously washed and wiped it out with alchol. Then I put the lid on and put it inside a clean bag. I was working in my bedroom like I said I like simple so I use lysol and pay close attention to eliminating air movement and thats about it. So I planned this so that I would have a fruit still on the cake that had torn its veil and was almost completely flat so I harvested it off the cake used sterilized blade to cut off the cap and then I picked the cap up with a sterilized pin and opened the sour cream lid slightly and put the cap in and closed it. Left it for like 12hrs came back opened removed the cap injected sterile water with the lid just barely cracked open using the pressure of the water to break free spores. Then I sucked the spore enriched water back into the syringe and waited till the next day to use them. We will see if it works. One thing I would do diff is use a plastic bag over the container that way you could potentially have to open one time to put the cap in and thats it. To do this you could just make sure to place the cap close to one side so when you ready to make the syringe all you would have to do is flip the cap to the other side and tilt the container slightly and do your syringe work through the plastic. This place is great what an informational organization.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4716437 - 09/26/05 07:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"Fruitification"- I love it! Has a nice ring to it.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals