Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineincandescently

vaporiser
    #468428 - 11/24/01 02:30 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

how hot does the metal plate get in an electric vaporizer? isnt that how they work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineincandescently

Re: vaporiser [Re: incandescently]
    #468683 - 11/24/01 08:48 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

well if nobdy knows that. any body know how to make one? ive herd a pan and a blend thing works but how high does the heat need to be? if i use the stove should i just put on low?

Offlinejimmyvengeance
    #470078 - 11/26/01 01:28 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

THC's boiling point is at 200F. You need to get the plant material to at least this temperature to achieve vaporization. On the other hand, you don't want to get anything too hot or you'll burn it and have wasted a helluva lot of effort.

I've had reasonable success making vaporizers. Let me give you the basics behind my crude, but effective, design:

Buy a lamp fixture (or take one out of an old lamp). Pop a hole through the top of a large pickle jar large enough to accommodate the cord from the lamp fixture. Secure the lamp fixture into the pickle jar, so that the bulb will be facing into the jar. Pop another hole in the pickle jar top and insert a piece of plastic tubing (home depot's a good place to find this stuff)--make this piece long enough to use to take hits from. Make another hole, insert another piece of tubing, this one shorter (this one's the carb). Now the tricky part: use whatever method you prefer to improve on the seals around the three holes in the jar lid. Hot glue has worked well for me. Make sure you don't use anything that releases dangerous chemicals when heated (the lid may get a bit warm during vaporization. If you want to go ahead and skip the sealing stage, feel free, your vaporizer will work well anyway. Next, fashion a small bowl of aluminum foil and place it on top of the light---the idea here is to get as much of the foil in the bowl in contact with the light as possible. Now, you're ready to go. Put the plant of your choice into the foil bowl, screw the jar shut, balance the pickle jar (upside down, of course) on a couple of books, and flip the light on. Hold the carb closed with one finger, and when the time is right (you'll know), take a hit off the other tube (removing your carb finger, of course). Good luck.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: vaporiser [Re: jimmyvengeance]
    #472872 - 11/28/01 08:23 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you so much for posting that jimmyvengeance. I have all the shit I need already and never realized I could make a vaporizer out of em. By the way what watt light bulb have you used for this? And does it stay within the right temp so it doesn't start to burn the pot?

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (11/28/01 08:25 PM)

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
    #475649 - 12/01/01 02:04 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

www.yahooka.com has info and piture guides so it should help ya wit your quest, just 1 suggestion if u decide to make there model, don't us plastic bottles, u'll be smoking abit of plastic along with the mj every time. use glass instead.

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: vaporiser [Re: hubertd8]
    #475961 - 12/01/01 10:50 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hubertd8,
thanks for the advice man im going to go check that site out right now.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: vaporiser [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #476174 - 12/01/01 03:13 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Just made it. And let me tell you it really is a better high. It seems to take away the tired part. I think it should be much more healthy on my lungs also. I think thats the only way I will toke from now on probably will cut the tart way down. Thank you to everyone who responded in this thread.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains