Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
My ~mescaline?
    #4677125 - 09/18/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I recieved two of these bags. I was told each was 1 dose, 20g of ground cactus containing 400mg of mescaline.

Thing is, my friend who gave them to me (as a gift, what a cool dude! :thumbup:)  doesn't know if they are ground peyote, ground Peruvian Torch, or San Pedro or what...Can anybody give me any idea of which of the three it could be based on this pic and the dosage info I gave?  Also, what is the main difference between the cacti.

:jewbot:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: My ~mescaline? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4677184 - 09/18/05 09:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Unless he had them tested and quantitated (not an easy process), there's no way to know that there is 400mg of mescaline in there. I would guess it's torch or pachanoi, however the black specks in there make me think it could also be peyote. So it's hard to say really.

The only thing we can do really is speculate. Since your friend said that the 20g was really good for one person, I would take his word for it, assuming he is at least somewhat similar to you in terms of weight.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Male

Re: My ~mescaline? [Re: dblaney]
    #4677190 - 09/18/05 10:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

He is similar in weight, almost exactly the same build between us actually.

Yes the black specks are what had me really curious. Would it be helpful if I tried to use my camera's macro zoom?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

#4677193 - 09/18/05 10:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Also, it smells bitter as fuck, like it would taste awesome.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #4677207 - 09/18/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What makes you assume it could be peyote based on black specks being present? Whichever of the 3 it is, enjoy it~

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4677316 - 09/18/05 10:55 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

400mg mescaline in 20g powder would make it 2% mescaline.
It could be any of the three. Although, if it is a trichocereus species, it is some of the strongest there is. Assuming, of course, your friend is right about the mescaline content.

There's nothing about that picture that would rule out any of the three either. I've received dried powdered peruvian torch that looked like that. I've also had some that had a creamy green color to it.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: My ~mescaline? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4677482 - 09/18/05 12:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not an authority on this by any means, but I've got to recommend this to you... you should verify this advice with more knowledgeable posters, though.

Don't just eat that stuff.  Don't encapsulate it, don't parachute it.  I've read trip reports where the powder rehydrates in your stomach, and suddenly you've got a foot of cactus' worth of sludge in your gut.  Then you vomit and shit throughout your trip. 

What I would do is make tea and filter.  Then I'd make tea out of the filtered material again and again and again until I was satisfied that I'd extracted as much of the alkaloids as I could.  You'll definitely lose some mescaline, but I think a bit of potency loss is worth avoiding the ingestion of all that cactus. 

I use MJshroomer's tek for fresh cactus and it works wonders every time.  But even then, I still get the shits during the latter part of the trip. 

Aside from ingestion issues, mescaline is amazing.  You're going to love it :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: My ~mescaline? [Re: Noviseer]
    #4677512 - 09/18/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just received a bag of powdered torch from an online vendor. It looks EXACTLY like that.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: My ~mescaline? [Re: deficitism]
    #4677546 - 09/18/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Same here. I would put money on that being Peruvian Torch.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineHST
Stranger
Re: My ~mescaline? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4681508 - 09/19/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

deficitism: which online vendor? I'd like to pick some up, but don't want to go through the hassle of grinding it.

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: My ~mescaline? [Re: HST]
    #4682436 - 09/19/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Please don't support anyone who sells prepared peruvian torch/san pedro. Its going to get it taken away from us much faster than it would have.

Male

Re: My ~mescaline? [Re: day_tripper]
    #4682452 - 09/19/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No one sold me anything.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4683989 - 09/19/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I bet I'll probably catch crap like that when I talk about using powdered peruvian torch and san pedro even though it'll be from my own garden. I'm just waiting for them to grow into a sustainable crop.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

#4686765 - 09/20/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

day_tripper said:
Please don't support anyone who sells prepared peruvian torch/san pedro. Its going to get it taken away from us much faster than it would have.

What are you talking about? Its just incense!

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: My ~mescaline? [Re: HST]
    #4687616 - 09/20/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HST said:
deficitism: which online vendor? I'd like to pick some up, but don't want to go through the hassle of grinding it.

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

#4687671 - 09/20/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

PM me... I won't broadcast non-shroomery sponsers.

--------------------

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: My ~mescaline? [Re: deficitism]
    #4687824 - 09/20/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ENJOY ROBOTO!!

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules