Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSherman901
Stranger
Eating weed
    #4686237 - 09/20/05 03:53 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

How much would one have to eat to get high?

--------------------
Strangers passing in the street by chance two seperate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young 2006

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Eating weed [Re: Sherman901]
    #4686246 - 09/20/05 03:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

you have to cook with it in some way. That is how the active ingredients are released, heat. It depends on what you're going to cook and how much you're making.

OfflineSherman901
Stranger
Re: Eating weed [Re: demiu5]
    #4686267 - 09/20/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I just read that you could stick it in your cereal though. I basically just want to eat enough where I get high. It's just for me.

--------------------
Strangers passing in the street by chance two seperate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me.

Edited by Sherman901 (09/20/05 04:03 PM)

InvisibleJackTackle
pinningmycologist

Loc: behind you
    #4686291 - 09/20/05 04:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

easiest way to eat weed
get a candle and a spoon
melt some butter in the spoon
add weed to butter
cook it over the candle for a few minutes
then stir it into a cup of yogurt

--------------------
Stay Blue!

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: Eating weed [Re: JackTackle]
    #4686913 - 09/20/05 07:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds easy...how much would that stink up my house if I were to try when I'm home alone for a few hours?

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here

Re: Eating weed [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4690620 - 09/21/05 04:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I ve done the same thing, but without cooking, just threw the pot in the yogurt, I dont know if that was the most efficient way, but i got trashed, tripping balls, way too intense, I have eat pot after that, in brownies, bisquits, cookies, and still havent got the same level of fuckness as I did when it was raw, but then i ate a lot that time, a fist of schwag it was.

--------------------

Offlineart
Stranger
Re: Eating weed [Re: learning_byte]
    #4690625 - 09/21/05 04:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

how does plain marijuana taste?

InvisibleJackTackle
pinningmycologist

Loc: behind you
Re: Eating weed [Re: art]
    #4690639 - 09/21/05 04:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

taste some and see

--------------------
Stay Blue!

OfflineSherman901
Stranger
    #4690655 - 09/21/05 04:49 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

learning_byte said:
I ve done the same thing, but without cooking, just threw the pot in the yogurt, I dont know if that was the most efficient way, but i got trashed, tripping balls, way too intense, I have eat pot after that, in brownies, bisquits, cookies, and still havent got the same level of fuckness as I did when it was raw, but then i ate a lot that time, a fist of schwag it was.

You didn't heat it up at all? Good news.

--------------------

Offlineart
Stranger
    #4690659 - 09/21/05 04:52 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i would, but i am getting tested

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Eating weed [Re: art]
    #4690713 - 09/21/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmm was gonna post a new thread for this question, but might as well ask it here (same topic). How much bud/fat ratio do you need? I plan on using either milk, cream cheese, or, most likely peanut butter (7.5g's of fat/tbsp) and I have a total of 3.5g's of good bud, so roughly how much peanut butter should I be using for this? Also, how much would this smell (both my neighbours and the guy across the road from me are cops, they have been known to drop by to say hello or if the mail get mixed up)

The guy before me who asked how bud tasted plain... At first it's not bad but it leaves an annoying aftertaste and a spicy feel in your throat, it's not very pleasant, unless you have something to wash it down with maybe. Least that was my experience with it.

Edited by StickyWater (09/21/05 05:13 PM)

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
    #4690731 - 09/21/05 05:13 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I have never seen this question answered authoritatively. Everyone has different opinions and thinks they know the answer.

The bottom line from what I have gathered is that yes, you can definitely get high from just eating the weed, but it takes more than if you cook it.

Cooking it gets the goodies out into the fat soluable liquid and helps it absorb into your bloodstream easier.

Even with cooking, it requires a lot more weed to get the same high that smoking it gives you. I don't know the exact amounts, but you probably need to use 3-5x the amount of weed you would smoke to get the same high if you cook it. If it's raw, even more. This is assuming you're using the same quality stuff for eating and smoking. These are only very rough estimates.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

OfflineSherman901
Stranger
Re: Eating weed [Re: Plok]
    #4690747 - 09/21/05 05:18 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sure bud tastes better than mushrooms.

--------------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4690854 - 09/21/05 05:45 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'd rather be cursed to forever taste mushrooms than the after-taste/feeling in your throat and mouth that bud leaves behind.

As for eating bud, I ate about 4-5 grams of uncooked bud once, waited awhile for it to kick in, 2 hours later said "f**k this" and smoked the rest, in other words, cook it if you're going to consume it, I'm sure it does work, but you must need a LOT of it. Though keep in mind, it wasn't the best bud or anything, which is why I didn't mind eating soo much and getting little to nothing from it, I had bought it cheap anyways, but it wasn't the worst, that is to say I've seen people pay twice as much for worse bud.

One thing I'd like to know, I know that the high is different when the marijuana is eaten rather than smoked, in your opinion which do you think would be more appropriate when eating weed? Going to someone's house to hang with a couple friends and a bunch of people I don't know, but who are supposedly pretty cool (most of my friend's friends are) or having a lazy sort of happy go lucky day at home, most likely spent talking to people on MSN (I know, most people would say this is a waste, but I really enjoy it) playing guitar, and more or less anything else you'd do on a free day to yourself with nobody to bother you. Or should I just meet up with a few people, smoke a bowl or two, and just wander around, I've heard that eating weed can result in a massive burnout, so keep in mind that if I do go anywhere else, I'll eventualy be forced to make a 2 hour journey back home via public transit.

I've also been told that eating too much bud can be pretty dangerous, I'm a little relluctant to believe this, as I have not yet read it anywhere else, or heard it from a source that I'd trust for accurate information, but I don't want to go taking any stupid risks that could have easily been avoided, so any information on that?

Edited by StickyWater (09/21/05 05:55 PM)

OfflineAbsinthe_Minded
Green FaerieChaser

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    #4690954 - 09/21/05 06:11 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

learning_byte said:
I ve done the same thing, but without cooking, just threw the pot in the yogurt, I  dont know if that was the most efficient way, but i got trashed, tripping balls, way too intense, I have eat pot after that, in brownies, bisquits, cookies, and still havent got the same level of fuckness as I did when it was raw, but then i ate a lot that time, a fist of schwag it was.

Interesting. Once a friend and I tried to eat a nice sticky bud each, chopped up into a bowl of tomato soup and nothing happened.

Disappointed by not getting high off the raw bud. We used the Cannabutter Method  Pot T.V Cooking Basics (cannabutter) and made brownies with it and i must say- Wow! :tripping:

Edited by Absinthe_Minded (09/21/05 06:21 PM)

InvisibleKlingonFromUranus
enthusiast

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Eating weed [Re: Plok]
    #4691009 - 09/21/05 06:20 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Plok said:
I have never seen this question answered authoritatively. Everyone has different opinions and thinks they know the answer.

The bottom line from what I have gathered is that yes, you can definitely get high from just eating the weed, but it takes more than if you cook it.

Cooking it gets the goodies out into the fat soluable liquid and helps it absorb into your bloodstream easier.

Even with cooking, it requires a lot more weed to get the same high that smoking it gives you. I don't know the exact amounts, but you probably need to use 3-5x the amount of weed you would smoke to get the same high if you cook it. If it's raw, even more. This is assuming you're using the same quality stuff for eating and smoking. These are only very rough estimates.

This is correct. Eating it plain will work fine. A gram of good pot will get you basted nicely on an empty stomach. Cooking it in a fat like oil ot butter releases the thc into the oil because thc is lipophillic-mixes with fat/alcohol, and hydrophobic-does not mix with water. If you cook it then you'd need to use less for the same effect just because eating it raw wastes more of it as it will take longer to absorb and more will pass through unabsorbed than if you cooked it.

--------------------

Offlinemcchieftan
Part man, part mushroom
 User Gallery

Re: Eating weed [Re: KlingonFromUranus]
    #4691084 - 09/21/05 06:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

its all good! I haven't yet done it green (altho i did get a half this evenin and having jsut found this thread...) but we do it wi hash all the time...pot yogurts! or pancakes.....piece of advice tho, dun give it to your dog. Mine licked out our yogurt pots n spent the evening collapsin all over the kitchen!

OfflineAbsinthe_Minded
Green FaerieChaser

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Re: Eating weed [Re: StickyWater]
    #4691134 - 09/21/05 06:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

One thing I'd like to know, I know that the high is different when the marijuana is eaten rather than smoked, in your opinion which do you think would be more appropriate when eating weed? Going to someone's house to hang with a couple friends and a bunch of people I don't know, but who are supposedly pretty cool (most of my friend's friends are) or having a lazy sort of happy go lucky day at home, most likely spent talking to people on MSN (I know, most people would say this is a waste, but I really enjoy it) playing guitar, and more or less anything else you'd do on a free day to yourself with nobody to bother you. Or should I just meet up with a few people, smoke a bowl or two, and just wander around, I've heard that eating weed can result in a massive burnout, so keep in mind that if I do go anywhere else, I'll eventualy be forced to make a 2 hour journey back home via public transit.

well, in my personal experience if I was consuming cannabutter/milk made foods made with high potency buds, i would definately make it an evening hanging out at home. The body high i've experienced with eating the pure bud preparation, is something that might make you feel a little lethargic. You just want to sit back and relax, and do your thing in the comfort of your own home.

If you were just making your food with some low potency shake, i would definately go out and enjoy the company of friends. :bigweed:

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Eating weed [Re: Absinthe_Minded]
    #4691381 - 09/21/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

well... This beats my plans senseless with a hammer, according to my friend peanut butter doesn't cook very well on it's own and generaly tastes disgusting (never tried this myself). Does cream cheese or milk cook well and still taste decent? And again, how much fat/gram(of weed) is necessary?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience