Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Let's try this shit again... casings
    #4685727 - 09/20/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

As many may already know, I tried some casings using 100% hpooh, thinking I could fruit from pooh... nada.
Ok, so here we go again. I have lots of rye and wbs jars ready to spawn to bulk or casings, not to mention the 2 gals. of almost fully colonized "casings," of hpooh. I have been scared of casing teks, because of the Ph buffer concept. After more reading, I see that calcium carbonate is just chalk (I knew that from grade school, but somehow forgot), like black board chalk? Would that be helpful, even without oyster shells. (maybe wally world has some oyster shell, if not I'm gonna have to do without for now.)If that's the case (no pun intended) then I have a really good supply of materials for casing mixes. Just need to go to wally's and buy some chalk. Once I get the hang of fruiting, I'll be a damn pro... I've been making and spawning jars for like five months now, with no successful fruitings, though my success with the jars is near 95% with this latest batch.
I guess I'm just asking for a few pointers and details that aren't in the teks (probably gonna use Ryche's 50/50+)the kind that can only come from experience. Maybe a tip on fruiting the rye jars like cakes... a little easier than casing?
I'm getting very discouraged about ever seeing a pin.  :sad:
Thanks in advance for all your help and words of encouragement.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChamberOfDoom
Stranger

Re: Let's try this shit again... casings [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4685759 - 09/20/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

go with the 50/50 tek like you said I've gotten nothing but good results several times in a row. As for chalk I dont know about that, but here is what I used for my casing layer. Miracle Grow Peat Moss/coco coir soil, hydrated lime, crushed oyster shells, vermaculite, and distilled water. I've have casings big as a 50 gallon tank and it was nothing but success. What you should be worried about is the humidity level and proper air circulation, thats when contamination can occur. Make sure to spray Lysol everywhere around the room before opening the container and clean hands ofcourse.

Edited by ChamberOfDoom (09/20/05 10:49 AM)

OfflinePixie1420
Gro'r nProgress
 User Gallery

Re: Let's try this shit again... casings [Re: ChamberOfDoom]
    #4685856 - 09/20/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Apparently u cant use normal chalk, not the same thing.

--------------------
La vita Bella!

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Re: Let's try this shit again... casings [Re: Pixie1420]
    #4685946 - 09/20/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Dammit! That would have been soooo easy. I'm gonna go check wally world for horticultural chalk (is that what it's called?), horticultural lime and/or oyster shells. If they don't have those, is there anything else? What about something from a hardware or farming feed and supply store. There isn't a health food store, pet store or nursery for 50 miles (or more). Besides that, I'm disabled and living alone, so travel is very difficult.
Or how can you fruit from pooh? Casing with pooh isn't the way, at least not so far.
AAAAHHHHHHH! I'm getting frustrated! Help, please!

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.

Offlinecanadarocks
Stranger
    #4685974 - 09/20/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Calcium carbonate is used in pottery. Find your local pottery supply store and get 5kg for 20 bucks or so.

OfflineChamberOfDoom
Stranger

#4686248 - 09/20/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

austio_ferocious said:
Dammit! That would have been soooo easy. I'm gonna go check wally world for horticultural chalk (is that what it's called?), horticultural lime and/or oyster shells. If they don't have those, is there anything else? What about something from a hardware or farming feed and supply store. There isn't a health food store, pet store or nursery for 50 miles (or more). Besides that, I'm disabled and living alone, so travel is very difficult.
Or how can you fruit from pooh? Casing with pooh isn't the way, at least not so far.
AAAAHHHHHHH! I'm getting frustrated! Help, please!

used the internet to order it thats what technology is for

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Let's try this shit again... casings [Re: ChamberOfDoom]
    #4686353 - 09/20/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Smash up some egg shells = calcium carbonite

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Re: Let's try this shit again... casings [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #4686710 - 09/20/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
Smash up some egg shells = calcium carbonite

SIR, YES SIR!
That's what I'm talkin' about! Is that 4 real? I'm gonna go do a search on google or something. Thank you kindly, Sir. If that's for real, you are the next McGuyver! Great Idea!

--------------------

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

#4686792 - 09/20/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I searched Agars posts and found verification. I will now begin saving and crushing egg shells for a buffer, can this alone be enough? Without lime or oyster shells or anything else.
Thanks again sirtripalot. I didn't know that egg shells would work, very very helpful.
I love people who read more than me and don't mind sharing...
DAMN! I LOVE THIS SITE AND EVERYONE ON IT!!!

--------------------

Offlinemushisgood_420
Stranger
    #4686803 - 09/20/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Gotta love doing the poo. YAY FOR POTENCY AND MASSIVE FLUSHES!

Offlinebuggers
Mushroom CloudLayin'Motherfucker
 User Gallery

#4687336 - 09/20/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

try dunking and rolling your hpoo substrate block (once fully colonized) i've pulled some pretty nice flushes like this... nothing like a sea of shrooms but i'm happy with it... i can put a fully colonized block into my FC the same day its done colonizing...
and if you dunk it and coat it in dry verm after every flush they will flush for a long time (at least in my experience)

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Re: Let's try this shit again... casings [Re: buggers]
    #4687571 - 09/20/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

BTW, I only mix substrates and whatnots, my dogs are actually the ones growing (Collies are too damn smart) They say they know this cute little bitch down the way, that puts out, and has her own place. That's where they're growing. Crazy ass dogs! They're mad at me for claiming all thier glory... Sorry Laddie, sorry lovie.
So to fruit from colonized pooh without a casing layer, my dogs should dunk, roll and fruit like cakes? That's cool. They're gonna put the pooh back in the TiT, and let it colonize the rest of the pooh they used for "casing," then dunk, roll and fruit... correct?
Actually, they think one of them is pinning. It's got tiny "nerd," like balls, one even looks like a cap is forming with a defined line seperating the bottom of the lump, though no color change on the "cap," yet. Sound like pins? They hope so! None of any of this would have been possible without all the wonderful, patient, helpful and overall kickass people on this site. My dogs have been sampling psilosybin
from thier mycelium, (overcolonized rye jars) They said that one and a half jars each gave them a level 3. That's good news... right? Thier fruits should be awesome!
Uh, oh. Now thier telling me off for not knowing about the egg shells. Damn guys, I'm trying. Learn how to read and type, or start paying me.
No I don't accept droolican express... smart ass mutts...
No, I didn't mean mutts, I know your papered, I was just...
OWW! Hey take it easy, can't you take a joke? OUCH, STOP THAT!

I better go, I'm in trouble! Thanks again all.

--------------------

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

#4690416 - 09/21/05 01:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, the dogs have been rounding up egg shells to use in the next few days. But in the mean time, They woke me up today to pinns on the pooh blocks, well, only one is showing significant growth, but it looks like a pretty good pinset. They're in severed milk jug bottoms, and the one that looks good has about 30-40 pins. Treasure coast, so they're expecting lots of aborts on this first flush. If the rest don't start by friday, they're gonna mix 'em into one big casing, I think they've decided to use verm. with mushroom compost and egg shells for the casing layer.
Pins are so much more beautiful in person, I snuck down to the dog-house down the street and saw them first hand. Man that little bitch friend of thiers is paranoid as hell, she kept asking if I was followed, if I was a cop and if I was gonna steal her sqeaky toy!
WTF would I do with a sqeaky toy, besides get lost in a world of monotone tunes... er, um I mean. Oh nevermind!
Since I have to do all the mixing, how much egg shell would I need to use say, per pint of casing soil? I'd hate to get this wrong, Laddie and Lovie are getting a little critical of my shortcomings.
Oh yeah!? Well at least I don't drink from the toilet!... No, you shut up! Oh, just because the lid's up, you gotta drink it? And they say you're so smart.
Hey, not my shoes... damn!

--------------------

Offlinedonkey_lipz
journeyman
    #4690447 - 09/21/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

why tinker with ph ratios when the coir/verm mixture is already close enough?  i cant remember how many times ive messed up a relatively simple procedure by thinking too much. :laugh:

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Re: Let's try this shit again... casings [Re: donkey_lipz]
    #4690465 - 09/21/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No coir, not accessable to me (over 50 miles to the closest pet store). Could an egg shell buffer hurt anything?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds