Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinextrapas
Stranger
Loc: germany,duisburg
a few Questions to familize myself more into this Area :-)
    #4685534 - 09/20/05 11:06 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

iam very new to this, so let me ask a few things and if possible give me some answers so i can stop bothering you :-P

active/non active : i guess that means they are hallucinogenic or not?
bruises.. = you mean if i scratch em thats bruising.. to find out if they become "blue" (sign of active in most cases) ?

What you mean by pan foe, pan subs ?
Seems that means something between "active" and "non active" or perhaps male/female? (still no clue)

finding active ones in my near vicinity.. should not ask this. but i searched the FAQ here and came to this

i live in *Germany* (nrw,Duisburg, somewhat "south") ... Means that i "only" can find:
- Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Cap? sounds easy to ID :smile: )
- Panaeolus subbalteatus (on Horse dung)
- Copelandia cyanescens  (on Cow Dung)
- Panaeolus subbalteatus (on Cow Dung)
- Psilocybe cubensis    (on Cow Dung) i read that cubensis is a well liked one...
- Psilocybe azurescens    On Mulch, Death wood&debris
- Psilocybe cyanescens    ^got an area where some of the landscape is filled with shredded wood flakes and cut down wood, does that give me a chance to find those?
Cant find a translation for "mulch", what is that? :-)

- Psilocybe semilanceata    on Grass areas, so i guess parks and such
- Panaeolus subbalteatus    things (where not that many ppl are :wink: )

thats "all" i could find in Germany ? i assume that dung fungi one i should find easier if i search cow areas and horse areas? :smile:
that should be all for now :smile:

if i know which one are "highest chance to find on my noobish journeys" then i search for the pictures of these and print em (with deadly look alikes) to be better prepared so i have it easier to identify :smile:

Edited by xtrapas (09/20/05 11:15 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: a few Questions to familize myself more into this Area :-) [Re: xtrapas]
    #4685607 - 09/20/05 11:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You're doing good by trying to familiarize yourself. We all asked these same questions at one time or another, otherwise we would not know.
Ok, Pan sub and Pan foe are two different closely related mushrooms, Panaeolus subbalteatus and Pan. foenescii the subb being active and the foen being non-active (psychoactive) These are hard to differentiate, but there is many good threads here if you do a search. Gumby wrote a really good page on differentiating, I'll post if I can find the actual url.
Do cubes and copes grow in your area? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.
On the other hand P. cyanscens and stuntzii may, there are deadly look alikes for these, namely Galerina autumnalis
Bruising means it will turn a different color when squeezed or even handled. Some mushrooms take more time to bruise than others.
Blue bruising is an indicator of the presence of psilocybin, the psychoactive
compound. Some psilocybian mushrooms do not bruise blue, as in Pan. subb. , some non-active mushrooms bruise blue, as in Bolete (which could be poisonous).
To familiarize yourself with your surroundings, it is best to first get a field guide (not absolutely necessary b/c you have other resources, but it helps greatly) go out and find some specimens, learn to print and begin id'ing those for yourself. It doesn't matter if you are right or wrong (just don't eat anything without positive id) you will get a feel for what you are looking for and where to find them.
That should give you plenty to do for a while.
O, yeah, do read the FAQ (link located at the top of the page), it will answer a ton of your questions.

GL and Happy Hunting :sun:

Edited by LouiseLouise (09/20/05 11:58 AM)

OfflineGrib_iz_Pitera
<CrimsonPants>
Male User Gallery

Loc: NW Russia
Re: a few Questions to familize myself more into this Area :-) [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4686231 - 09/20/05 03:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

As far as I can judge from my net research, you could find Psilocybe Semilanceata and Psilocybe Cyanescens surely in your climatic zone. Some people around told me that P.Semilanceata from warm areas is weaker than one from colder areas. As an example from my country, 20 shrooms picked in my area (St Petersburg) equal to 40 ones picked 500 km southward (Tver, Moscow). It means you should probably have still weaker Semilanceatas. So I would search for Cyanescens or somewhat else if I live in your location.. Just theoretical reasoning, don't mind and try to ask proper people around.

'Mulch' is just humous with some hay and straw.

--------------------
-Hey, what are doing here in the forest?!
-I'm..I'm just picking mushrooms..
-Look, he's  j u s t  picking mushrooms! Is that you who planted them?!

Offlineivi
 User Gallery

#4686316 - 09/20/05 04:12 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: a few Questions to familize myself more into this Area :-) [Re: ivi]
    #4686725 - 09/20/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Von Deutschland?Geil ich bin von Oestereich...bin hier her nach Canada vor 7 monate gezogen na ja hier ist warscheinlich was sie suchen:    !Pilze!
Viel spazz noch!! :thumbup: :mushroom2: :thumbup:

Und dieses: Auf englisch (leider) aber noch immer gut!

Hier

Noch ein parr bilder

Und die pilze werden weiss wen sie trocknen!Deshalb sind manche braun,ach ya sie sind wen sie nass sind auch schleimig!

Have fun!!

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Offlinextrapas
Stranger
Re: a few Questions to familize myself more into this Area :-) [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4688791 - 09/21/05 02:20 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

O, yeah, do read the FAQ (link located at the top of the page), it will answer a ton of your questions.

thats what i did before i wrote down the remaining questions
first faq had ONE europe word for mushrooms, the other had where is growing what..

now i just sort out whats not growing here ^^
makes it easier :wink:
"too bad" one of the things i can find here is the one with the almost same looking dead alike (from shroomers side), that makes things harder again :wink:

Offlinextrapas
Stranger
Re: a few Questions to familize myself more into this Area :-) [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #4688807 - 09/21/05 02:26 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mr_Psilocin said:

Und dieses: Auf English (leider) aber noch immer gut!

dont care about English, i actually prefer English, its so nice&easy ;->

Offlinextrapas
Stranger
    #4688948 - 09/21/05 02:57 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ok, compiling the data i got so far, i made a imageprint in big to quick roughly check for good or bad.

this looks ok for a beginner? :wink: (original is a big paperprint)

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#4688955 - 09/21/05 02:59 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ha ha I think so too about now that I've familiarized myself to this new language!In fact I probably can't even write that well anymore as I used to in German..well anyways I hope all that stuff helped ya!

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#4688978 - 09/21/05 03:08 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

xtrapas said:
ok, compiling the data i got so far, i made a imageprint in big to quick roughly check for good or bad.

this looks ok for a beginner? :wink: (original is a big paperprint)

Um...so you'll be looking for cyans too huh well I can help you out with those!I'll post some links to good pictures of them!
This one  here is from mj's profile!
(you have to be logged on to view it though)
another one (just press the next button on that site and more will come)

--------------------

Edited by Mr_Psilocin (09/21/05 03:09 AM)

Offlinextrapas
Stranger
Re: a few Questions to familize myself more into this Area :-) [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #4688999 - 09/21/05 03:17 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well, according to the posts here i can find those 2 here.. and iam glad those "liberty caps" are there aswell, they dotn seem TOO hard to id, just beware the two red big ! signs in the pic :wink:

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#4689016 - 09/21/05 03:22 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you want some more pictures of mushrooms just say so,I can get you some pics of galerina atumnalis(deadly look alike of psi.cyans)too!

--------------------

Offlinextrapas
Stranger
    #4689031 - 09/21/05 03:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

dude... look at the contactsheet. there ARE poisonous look alike aswell to identify... and i figured out that the deadly ones seem to have a ring on the stem , while the psilos dont :smile:

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#4690548 - 09/21/05 04:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

O.k siut you're self..I just thought you might want some more since you only have a small amount of pictures on that sheet but never mind

--------------------

Offlinextrapas
Stranger
    #4691159 - 09/21/05 06:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ya i know.. its just for a quick reference comparison on the field.. at home i use the pages from erowid to compare even more, and if iam still unsure, i will bother the community ;-P

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#4692849 - 09/22/05 12:23 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well it sounds like a good idea to me but still always "bother" us with you're finds because we don't want anyone to die from a poisonous one!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification