Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: extinguishment]
    #4682498 - 09/19/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

SO PASS ME THE ORANGE SUNSHINE NOW!!!!

one analog id like to try is ALD-52

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: extinguishment]
    #4685410 - 09/20/05 07:01 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I prefer LSD-40 as its more intense and lasts about 3 hours longer. LSD-25 is what Russia is trying to legalize again for research as we speak. LSD-25 only lasts 5-6 hrs. while LSD-40 lasts 8-10 hrs. I've had both and I think 40 is more visual and intense and the 25 I find to be philosophical for me usually. You can always tell what you have by how intense it is at the 4 hour mark.

--------------------
"... Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: popnganja420]
    #4720657 - 09/27/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

how could you truely tell if what u took was lds-25, or lsd-40, unless u made it yourself or seen it made?

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

Offlinemcchieftan
Part man, part mushroom
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: the_psychonaut]
    #4720735 - 09/27/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

surely thats all balls, all the acid we buy is LSD-25..I'm not even sure the 40 analogue is active// and most acid trips ive had have been in the 10-12 hour range.

Answering the question tho, acid is more mobile for me.. I always find patterns are moving directionaly as well as in form, my mushroom visuals tend to be gently sub-imposed..I find acid can quite often give a mind that is not particularly capable of rational thought but on mushrooms I am normaly capable of rational thoughts if not ideas...

Anyone else find this?

Offlinevotelp2008
Stranger
Loc: 4th Federal Judicial Circ...
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: popnganja420]
    #4754052 - 10/04/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

There is only one Lysergic Acid Diethylamide. The 25 doesn't mean anything in terms of the chemical structure. It was simply a reference code. If LSD-40 does exist, it just means that a different reference code was used. It does not mean that the structure is any different. If you truely sense a significant difference between LSD-25 and so-called LSD-40, it is because one of them was not really LSD. LSD is a single, discrete chemical. You cannot have multiple types of LSD.

--------------------

"...the primary reason to outlaw marihuana is its effect on the degenerate races."
-Harry Anslinger

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: votelp2008]
    #4754147 - 10/04/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

lsd = more visuals that make it hard to decifer reality from the realm.
mushrooms = your just tripping.

my opinion on that one :wink:

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4754242 - 10/04/05 12:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

There is no LSD-40. Sandoz surely had a chemical with reference number 40, but it wasn't lysergic acid diethylamine. Quickly browsing tihkal, we see ald-52, mld-41, bol-148, mbl-61. The lsa found in psychoactive seeds is labeled LA-111. heres a quote to go along with it, supporting that fact.

"1-Hydroxymethyl-LSD, 1-dimethylaminomethyl-LSD and 2-iodo-LSD. These three additional compounds are shown here because they were described in a synthetic flurry that followed the discovery the activity of LSD. But at the moment I know neither their internal Sandoz codes nor if they had ever been explored in man. This is a kind of frustrating catch-all entry, in that the long index will send you here, and once here you realize that nothing is known. Well, at least the compounds are known, and perhaps there is something in the Sandoz vaults that might be interesting. I do not have access to them."

Surely there have been analogs on blotter over the years. Many of them are active even at 100ug. Easily can fit on blotter. However, when labs are busted, (and in microgram, when they GC/MS test for LSD, they get results for LSD) you can be sure they accurately determine the chemical. I don't recall hearing of any court case where the chemist claims that it was an analog, not lsd being produced. Obviously, the famous exception is Owsley's ALD-52.

And finally, if it is a lysergic compound being produced, true, we might not be able to detect it. (And it's insulting to assume the majority can't tell the difference from DOB). But what evidence is there of mass produced LSM-755 for example? Furthermore, these *are* all ergolines. You still need to come across difficult to aquire precursors, like ergotamine. Rather than using diethylamine (in the more simillar reactions) one would use another chemical. Diethylamine may not be the easiest thing to aquire, but you're already getting the damn ergotamine, you might as well finish the job right.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4754454 - 10/04/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'll look in the mirror, and my reflection will start getting distorted. My ear starts to fly off, and then my reflection starts to turn around and walk away without me

haha, dead on.  I also get the intense feeling on both srhooms and lsd that the top part of someones face (from the eyes up) is disconnected from the rest of their face (nose down).

honestly the difference between the two is hard for me to detect because I haven't done them in equal amounts, myself preferring things i can grow myself as opposed to something that requires an active interest in chemistry.  plus, that shit has been hard to come across for a minute...

i feel like srhooms are just more relaxed in general, despite the way it can play with your emotions.  acdi is sort of an upper, and allows you to smokeout and/or drink alcohol without much effect, and is generally a little crazier and less predictable.  as if either are predictable to a certain extent..  :mushroom2:

one thing I can say that holds true, is that tripping on either shows you things that could never be written down on paper, or even painted.  video can come close, but its something about how it reveals the absurdity of everything that lets both of them do their work in their own ways.  whether its purely chemical or whatever you choose to subscribe to.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: kotik]
    #4754767 - 10/04/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I think the place, time, mental state at the time , people your around , etc have alot to do with the outcome of a trip.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineTritStyle
Stranger

Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #10330362 - 05/12/09 11:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Cid seemed to be a lot less natural, but incredibly visual with the geometric patterns and full blown hallucinations (hell yeah!), where the shrooms seem to be closer to a personalized religious experience and noticing patterns in the local environment that were always there, but just causing a LOT more attention to the detail and beauty of them.

The guy im talking about also has a hard time getting off on shrooms, like nothing happens when he took doses equal to people that tripped their balls off; and only getting to a level 1.5 trip off 2.5 g's of PE, so hes hoping theres more to shrooms then he had found. Hes going to try 5 g's of PE dry or a nice phat fresh one next time he gets the opportunity.

OfflineXerg
Stranger
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #10330960 - 05/13/09 04:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

ya the BIG difference that is MOST important is this

Shrooms u can get at 100% potency and 100%purity and correct dose by growing them and 100% preservable for decades

acid u have no clue what you are getting, if it even was lsd-25 at one time it most likely is now ALD-52 or broken down components of lsd 25.
lsd-25 is very unstable around oxygen or light and breaks down very fast
and if the chemist dont do thing perfect u will have a trippy drug but wont be true LSD-25

imagine questioning ur sanity when u have noo clue whatsoever how many micrograms of LSD u just took, atleast with shrooms u can always say "i only ate 3 grams" or whatever ill be fine

OfflineCMACD
The Sto)))ve
Male User Gallery

Loc: too scared Flag
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Xerg]
    #10335060 - 05/13/09 10:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I'm pretty sure that every compound that LSD breaks down into is not psychoactive, even at large doses. I also doubt that it "degrades" into ALD-52. It would be sweet if it did, though! You're right about guessing how many micrograms is on a tab though, whenever I buy a strip of acid, I always cut the first hit into 4 little triangles and split them with 3 friends for the night, just to see how hard it will hit us. That's all, just be safe, and don't think you have to eat a whole tab at once.

anyways, effects wise, I'd say that mushrooms make visuals that "float around" in your vision, "spirits" that stick with you wherever you looking, that are kind of "behind your eyes" whereas LSD makes visuals that seem more likely to manifest themself into the visual world.

I see vague, painted faces of spirits and stuff on mushrooms, made up of "floaters" that you usually get from staring at lights, whereas any face I see on acid is manifested from an actual physical object in the room, and will usually be detailed faces from my memory, of people I know. The only visuals I ever see on acid that are made up of "floaters" are grids and waves, never faces. Acid feels like I'm all jacked on meth for much of the trip, and I feel so "speedy" sometimes that it even gives me a bearable headache. Mushrooms, on the other had, tend to numb all physical pain, make me feel "dreamy", and do this weird ass thing where I feel like I've "Woken up" from a sleep that I haven't woken up from since the last trip, lol.

Sorry for all the words in parenthesis. It's how I always have to describe effects of these drugs, haha.

--------------------

Edited by CMACD (05/13/09 10:07 PM)

InvisibleMSUman6000
Grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: CMACD]
    #10335193 - 05/13/09 10:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I find that shrooms are more "emotional" than LSD.  Also the shrooms visuals seem to make things flow and breath like a river while the LSD visuals create distortions more like standing wave patterns on the surface of water.  Just my 2 cents, interesting thread.

OfflineCountry1
Ehhh
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: MSUman6000]
    #10335238 - 05/13/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Whats up with all the 3 year old threads coming back to life?

OfflineCMACD
The Sto)))ve
Male User Gallery

Loc: too scared Flag
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Country1]
    #10335300 - 05/13/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I am actually into the thread resurrections, LoLoLski!:rocket:

--------------------

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Country1]
    #10335302 - 05/13/09 10:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Mushrooms:

Euphoria. Orgasmic Body High. Intense and deep introspection. Feelings of connection with nature and the planet itself, for me this usually results in being sad/upset by what humans are doing to our mother earth. Visuals are intricate beyond measure (symbols and patterns) but relatively stagnant, they stretch across your vision, OEV's can include things like trees and nature appearing to breathe and seem alive. Trails/tracer vision. Necessary to accept the journey for what it is, your a passenger with little control over his experience. Extremely cleansing for the mind if accepted and valued for what it is. Increase of senses, music sounds amazing (IMO).

LSD:

Change in thought processes. Extremely intense and colorful visual patterns both OEV and CEV that move and flow easily to music or with meditation. Music sounds infinitely deep and you can pick out and identify every single sound you hear. You're the driver, especially on smaller doses, I've been able to control my visuals completely with practice on LSD. Trails/tracer vision (leave colorful streaks more so than shrooms IMO). Cleaner on the body than mushrooms, feels like its mostly in the mind. Super senses, jedi status.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

OfflineAdrianPsy
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: TheMerryGangster]
    #10335441 - 05/13/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Haven't done shrooms yet but I've tripped on acid 5 times now and for me, even at low doses, it is extremely visual. At 1 hit I'll get coloured dots over peoples faces and on walls, I see people's auras  (real or not haha) and yeah..

Up that to 2 or 3 hits and I get crystal clear distortions on everything. I see purple and green a lot and trees will melt and rotate and contort. I see gint colourful slugs crawling everywhere and everything looks like it's made of goo or plastic. Actually it depends... my visuals are influenced a lot by my environment. Everything is accentuated for me. Some rooms in houses will have great vibes and others will feel gloomy.

It's hard to explain and I could write so much and go in depth about my personal experiences. It's been a while since I've tripped now and now that I think about it, I'm remembering it all. It's all coming back to me. I've had some hazy trips which I kinda lost memory of the day after. When I smoked weed when tripping it seems to do that. Makes the trip very hazy. On the comedown though, weed is amazing.

--------------------

:mushroom2:    That's why I always recommend a psychedelic experience because it makes you realize that all you've learned is in fact just learned and not necessarily the truth. - Bill Hicks    :mushroom2:

Offlinemindoverbody
Stranger
    #10365363 - 05/19/09 05:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

What i found to be the biggest difference between shrooms and lsd was that mushrooms pretty much removed your depth perception, if you were to spread your hand out like its flat, then move it to the position of holding a ball youd see it as your hand shrinking, and surfaces ripple and you feel like everything is there for a reason, being one with it. lsd it feels like your mind is rushing out of your body, thinking is about as clear as talking and your visual effects are alot more hallucinated, instead of ripply look everything is twisting and spreading apart, and flashing with colorful fractals and other patterns. music on shrooms is very very clear and it feels like its floating in your head, and on lsd its like your mind grabs onto the music and you feel like music is just part of your life. should listen to some infected mushroom on either of them, normally its just funny trance with a good beat, but on lsd or shrooms. the tones and sounds they put in their music takes you places in your mind youll NEVER hear normally, and it easily induces synesthesia which is the greatest feeling ever.

Offlinebenton
Psyborg

Loc: The Clouds
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Phoshaman]
    #10371732 - 05/20/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Phoshaman said:
LSD is not known (as of now) to be a naturally occuring substance.
Psilocybin is.

LSD has more of a stimulant effect than mushrooms, lasts about twice as long (8-12 hours), and is generally more of a giddy, colorful, less hallucinatory experience than mushrooms.  In my opinion LSD produces body loads and hangovers also.

Mushrooms are a much more deeper, spiritually refreshing trip.  Full blown hallucinations occur.  There is much less of a body load, although vomiting may occur at one point or another in the trip due to the consumption of the mushrooms.  The duration of the trip is also shorter than that of LSD's.  Instead of a hangover afer trip ends like what happens on LSD, there is usually an 'afterglow' effect.  A temporary enlightenment.

You may have fell asleep on the mushrooms for a few different reasons:
You fell asleep naturally before they even began to take effect.
You didn't take enough.
Your mushrooms were fake, or extremely weak.
You had taken other tryptamines within a few days of the consumption of the mushrooms.

This information is half fact/half personal experience.  As you may notice, I prefer mushrooms over LSD.  Some people are the other way around.  Only you will be able to distinguish the differences/similiarities yourself.

Be safe.

Peace.

I'm sorry but what? It sounds to me like you're getting your drugs confused. Mushroom afterglow? Acid body load? Shrooms = way more visual/hallucinatory? :confused:

Invisibler3nzhe
NNUTTHOWZE
Male

Loc: Psychedelic State Flag
    #10494812 - 06/12/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

damnit i want some lsd, never been around me! pisses me off lol

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate