Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewuotan
tenderfoot

Loc: Hawaii
Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting)
    #4683640 - 09/19/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is a report that aired on Nightline about Ecstacy. It's really some awesome reporting and shows all of the good/bad sides of the argument including the fact that it is a very benign chemical and the governments unconvincing smear campaigns against the drug. To all those who still live with there parents and have been caught with the drug, you should really sit down and watch this with them. Nevertheless, it's a pretty interesting watch.

Download torrent[super]81[/super] (3 files; 347.76 MB)
View torrent stats
[timg]

--------------------
Once I saw this wino who was eating grapes, and I said, "Dude, you have to wait". - Hedberg

Edited by wuotan (09/19/05 07:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAndroctonus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: L.I.S.
Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: wuotan]
    #4683668 - 09/19/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That was a good episode. For once the media does a fairly responsible piece of journalism instead of the sensationalist tripe they normally feed us.

--------------------
The red grass, up to my knees
An aura comes towards me

Someone's changed the formula
Un-chaining another law

The structures, the colors
Uniform chaos is alternating

The nature of things

InvisibleAndroctonus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: Androctonus]
    #4683695 - 09/19/05 08:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yea have you seen the series on illegal drugs on the History Channel? I think it's called Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way.Defiantly worth seeing.Shows how most of the existing drug laws were based on racism.

Offlinewuotan
tenderfoot

Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: Androctonus]
    #4683736 - 09/19/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

EDIT:  Doesn't look like they air it anymore, but they sell the DVD for $40  :frown: 
The title was Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way.  Oh, and here's the torrent
http://static.thepiratebay.org/downloadt...682.TPB.torrent

--------------------
Once I saw this wino who was eating grapes, and I said, "Dude, you have to wait". - Hedberg

Edited by wuotan (09/19/05 08:20 PM)

Offlinewuotan
tenderfoot

Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: wuotan]
    #4683774 - 09/19/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

By the way, is it frowned upon to post torrents? I was under the impression that since these are aired on television it is legal to make copies of these programs.

--------------------

InvisibleAndroctonus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4683782 - 09/19/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Haven't seen it in a few weeks. But that channel tends to repeat shows often. Keep an eye out for it or there may be a schedule on their website.

--------------------
An aura comes towards me

Un-chaining another law

The nature of things

InvisibleAndroctonus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4683795 - 09/19/05 08:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks I guess our posts crossed in the mail.

--------------------
An aura comes towards me

Un-chaining another law

The nature of things

OfflinepH_
Voyager
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #4684456 - 09/19/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i'll have to check out this report later. ive seen the Hooked series and it is pretty good, interesting to say the least.

appretiate that torrent wuotan, got a feeling i can get some nice samples from it for music  :sun:

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: pH_]
    #4684771 - 09/19/05 11:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

how do you open a torrent?

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineJJ01769
Out looking formyself
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost in my mind...
Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4684822 - 09/19/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

you need a torrent program. Bit torrent is what I use. Google it to get the site, my link to it isnt working.

Offlinewuotan
tenderfoot

Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4684914 - 09/20/05 12:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.bittorrent.com/dl/BitTorrent-4.0.4.exe

Donate if you can, it's a free program.

--------------------

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
    #4685021 - 09/20/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

still can't get it to work. got the program but it tells me i have firewall issues.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #4685170 - 09/20/05 02:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just finished d/ling (average speed around 60kb/s) and... I just finished watching it. MOTHER OF FUCK!!! What an awesome program! Jennings could so easily have made this into a DEA mouthpiece, but he didn't. I really don't know why he didn't (and instead decided to show... umm the truth) but he did.

Fuck I got a lot of respect for him doing that.

For those other poeple who watched it, notice Shulgin's workshop is full of san pedros and other goodies?

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4685177 - 09/20/05 02:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i remember watching this when it aired. i was surprised at how unbiased it was.  good report :smile: :thumbup:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: Locus]
    #4685183 - 09/20/05 03:05 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: krishnamurti]
    #4686521 - 09/20/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

this is old and in the "OTHER DRUGS" forum. this shit should be closed.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4686799 - 09/20/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

They sell the DVD at the network's website (I'd provide the link but I'm lazy, takes a bit of looking for, but its there).  It cost me 30 bucks.  If you can afford it, its a great vehicle for curing people of their default attitude of 'drugs, ESPECIALLY ECSTASY, are bad.

I roll about 3 times a year, just one pill.  If the dose is good, I roll hard.  If its not, I roll, um, soft.  Either way its great for my emotional well-being.  When I try to explain this to certain people (the beer&weed set, parents, etc.) they look at me like I'm so deluded.  Giving them links doens't work.  People are lazy and distrustful, a MAPS document doesn't convince this kind of skeptic.

But when you show someone a balanced report of MDMA from the information source they know and love (the mainstream media), they are instantly enlightened.  Its awesome.  You woudln't believe the effect it had on my dad.

My father is a retired emergency room physician.  His only experience with drugs is the people who come into the emergency room.  So he sees everything from pot-induced panic attacks to PCP-fueled rampages.  He's had his life threatened plenty of times by tweakers, sherm-heads, you name it.  hates drugs of all kinds.

Drugs are a huge part of my life, and I love my parents.  I wished I could tell them about my experiences.  I didn't want to be secretive, but had to.  We never spoke of my drug use in the house.  It was a taboo subject.  After my first MDMA experience though, I just coudlnt' shut up anymore.  I spilled my guts to my dad, everything from the experience itself to the pharmacology behind it, and the precautions I took (antioxidants, one dose, 5-htp, etc.)  He wasn't impressed.  "Look son, I know I can't change your mind, but I don't want to hear about it."  That kind of thing.

Well I ordered a DVD of Peter Jenning's report, and forced my dad to watch it one morning.  He never would have, but I started the show just as he began his daily stationary bike ride.  He was a captive audience :smile:
As the show played, I paused it intermitently to answer questions he had and fill in a bit of extra info.  He was introduced to Sasha Shulgin, a man he'd never met before.  He saw, for the first time, intelligent, responsible people talking about their drug use. 

When the show was over, after a short, awkward silence, he look at me and asked "So um, do you get that depression after you do ecstasy?"  It meant a lot.  He was opening the dialogue.  I explained that since I practice extreme moderation and take 5-htp, I don't ever experience rebound depresison, in fact quite the opposite. 

Now that the subject has been breached, I talk to my dad about drugs all the time.  When one of my San pedros from the backyard mysteriously dissapeared, he asked what was up, and I told him about the whole trip. 

So... get the DVD and spread the word! :smile:

--------------------

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: Peter Jenning's Report on Ecstacy (excellent and balanced reporting) [Re: Noviseer]
    #4686863 - 09/20/05 04:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thats sweet man ^

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder