Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOrangetreeSpider
Stranger
Bad trip?
    #4684234 - 09/19/05 11:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

First off, sorry if this is hard to follow (still feeling the shrooms a little). Okay, so I woke up this morning hung out for a bit, had a glass of orange juice, no food though. At about eleven (I think) I ate five dried mushrooms. Then after that I just sort of laid back, listened to some music and then they kicked in. At first things felt pretty cool and then I really started tripping. My room turned purple and then I looked at my bathroom tiles and they were moving around and stuff. Then (can't really remember much) all I can say now is I started acting goofy. Then I had five more mushrooms (dried) but I ate them with some chocolate covered raisins to make them go down easier. After that shit got weird, I felt tall and my dog looked all fucked up. Then I started watching tv. Bit everyone starting turning all old so I decided to go outside. Stuff happened there but I forgot it, probably means it was fun. Then I got all paranoid and anxious. Nothing really freaked me out but I just felt really fucking depressed. Things leveled out after that and here I am. I don't know why things got weird but it was my first trip. I'm pretty sure I had ten dried mushrooms and I didn't feel bad or have any expectations going into the trip. Honestly I just wanted a mind expansive enlightened experience. But it seems like I just got fucked up. So what do you guys think?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Bad trip? [Re: OrangetreeSpider]
    #4684357 - 09/20/05 12:07 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

1) You really should have used a scale to determine exactly how much you were taking at once.

2) It sounds like you just really had a bad minset and setting. Try organizing some music to listen to beforehand, or dose somewhere in nature that's very peaceful to you. A movie during the comeup sometimes helps to sorta set a positive theme for a trip for me. Set and setting are key components of any psychadelic experience. You'll get better results from the experience when you put more of yourself into it.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4684383 - 09/20/05 12:12 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Honestly I just wanted a mind expansive enlightened experience.

I think that some have to find their way out of their own house before they can explore the universe. Sometimes that house get tricky to navigate...I'm doing it now. It can be scary and weird and you may not understand it sometimes, but it seems as though it just has to be done. Try to relax and see what the mushrooms have to show you or make you feel without becoming attached to it, fighting it or trying to rationalize it while tripping. Save that for when you back and it's not so scary.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineOrangetreeSpider
Stranger
Re: Bad trip? [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4684440 - 09/20/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You see but that's not true. I was home all alone and I didn't have a bad mindset going in. If anything I was excited to be tripping. It wasn't all bad just some parts. And I don't have a scale but I should probably look into that. I don't really know what level I reached but I guess three. I really couldn't put a label on the whole experience. But I feel like I only scratched the surface of psychedelics and can't wait to return there maybe in a couple weeks.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
    #4684584 - 09/20/05 12:50 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Take the sacrement in nature, everything comes together :smile:

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

OfflineOrangetreeSpider
Stranger
Re: Bad trip? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4684711 - 09/20/05 01:12 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Now that I'm back to normal I realize it wasn't a bad trip at all. When it started out I began to really think deeply and at times it felt sort of bad but I felt enlightened and then when the trip was in full swing I felt so amazed by everything. Then things got weird, that doesn't mean it was necessarily bad but it was odd. I think the reason things got bad is because I didn't want to come back down. I sort of feel appreciative and more grateful now. I have a real sense of satisfaction from just being with my family now. So now I feel better. Maybe the mushrooms really start working after you trip.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience