Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Weilii watchers unite!
    #4683824 - 09/19/05 10:33 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Just in update but with all these hurricanes churning off the coast of africa and into the gulf of mexico this hurricane season is definitely not over. Prepare to see massive amounts of rain and low pressure systems being brought over the Atlanta metro area. Which maybe just maybe could produce an obscene amount like after Hurricane Opal.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerasjoe2112
Mr. Muscaria
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia, my love
Re: Weilii watchers unite! [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #4684433 - 09/20/05 12:20 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Everyone has such high hopes, but I do not believe this season will be like the last, and the season of 4 years ago. I believe rampant picking, and inconsistent weather patterns will tell a tale.

Everyone just relax, seems like people are drooling on themselves.

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: Weilii watchers unite! [Re: rasjoe2112]
    #4684665 - 09/20/05 01:03 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You are drooling on YOUR self!

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Re: Weilii watchers unite! [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #4686062 - 09/20/05 02:52 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

lol, I think the season has the potential to be just as good as any other season as long as we get that rain. I mean the temps are still reaching up into the low 90s, there's gonna be plenty of milder more weilii friendly temps ahead which leaves them just in the need of some friendly h2o to help them out of their rut.

Alot of people are also under the impression that weilii season started a while ago. Weilii season should just right NOW be starting if anything. Atleast for the people who don't have established spots, and want to go hunt out new spots.

Anyways, I like drooling on myself.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Weilii watchers unite! [Re: I2ancid]
    #4686133 - 09/20/05 03:21 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I2ancid said:

i perfer drooling on others.

--------------------
:goose:

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Weilii watchers unite! [Re: Dimmy]
    #4686402 - 09/20/05 04:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dimmy said:
Quote:

I2ancid said:

hey, yea I gotta try that sometime.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

#4688158 - 09/20/05 11:57 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I2ancid said:
Quote:

Dimmy said:
Quote:

I2ancid said:

hey, yea I gotta try that sometime.

oh its amazing! seriously, once you try drooling on others you'll never go back to just drooling on your self. Its kinda like once you try dank you'll never want swag again.
Drooling on yourself = swag
Drooling on others = dank
  :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Re: Weilii watchers unite! [Re: Dimmy]
    #4688299 - 09/21/05 12:24 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I dont know man. Its all fun and games until someone drools on you back for drooling on them. Then you realize that it isnt really worth the incredible rush you get from drooling on others. And thats why i smoke swag.    :2cents:

--------------------
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

Offlinerasjoe2112
Mr. Muscaria
 User Gallery

#4689614 - 09/21/05 11:42 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

glad to see you guys enjoyed my lil smirk so much.

The season had actually started a good while ago, seems like the tables are always rewriting themselves on these boards. I was picking weilii all August, and have the pics and posts to prove. I believe the fall specimen is the migrated woodland species into suburbia. I also been surburban weilii will soon leave us, and find a new home. The office park and 'nice lawn' strains will fade away in my opinion. Those just arent stable climates.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#4690002 - 09/21/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

weilii are not going to 'soon leave us' that's ridiculous and is backed up by some odd understanding of mushroom growth. If anything the spores will spread and find new habitats but the weilii will always grow around the ATL.

The fall woodland specimens migrating to suburbia makes absolutely no sense either joe. The 'suburbia' weilii are the same weilii the only reason they take on different appearances is because of the medium they're growing out of. Pine-straw weilii have to be bigger to push through those intricate patchwork layed pine needles, which is pretty hard to do for a mushroom; if they ever want to reach the surface to propagate their spores.

Weilii season does begin in the fall. Just because you see some deer out in say april, doesen't mean the deer arent braver and less guarded during december.

Cubes will still grow in cow shit all year around in florida but are you gonna go argue with someone that the best times to pick is january and febuary?

The only reason bermuda grass patches might "fade away" is a lack of respect from pickers who poison the lands they call home. I recently heard of someone actually digging out the mycellium with a shovel at one of my picking spots.

Anyways, just had to let that out.

--------------------

Offlinerasjoe2112
Mr. Muscaria
 User Gallery

#4690084 - 09/21/05 02:12 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I tend to disagree friend, the erratic landscape manipulation movement in this part of GA is not stable enough to provide a predictable habitat. Also, the woodland variety I pick vary in size, smell, apperance, dried coloring patterns, potency, and location then the 'bermuda' strains. The bermuda strains are also full of lawn chems, ferts, and so forth, and taste, and smell differently.

Weilii will always be around GA, you are correct, but the abundance, and locations will be undcergoing radical changes after these weather patterns.

bsocc

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#4690265 - 09/21/05 02:57 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Um, no. Once a landscape has been defined through whatever new developments ie a new shopping center, its generally not erratically torn up again with bulldozers. Neighborhoods don't undergo continuous dynamite blastings of the soil, and unless you're refering to the natural shifts of earth caused by underground plate movement and earthquakes I have no idea where you're getting this from.

I'll intuitively imply you haven't been finding much lately at your spots, it isen't because of sporatic land manipulations occuring all over the ATL it's because it hasen't rained in a month.

If anything the 'erratic land manipulations' that have occured, before stabalizing into say an office park have contributed to weilii spreading much like a mason jar is violently shook to further aid conolization in growing cubes.

I'll agree that yes, weilii do take on many different forms but they're still weilii by all macroscopial and aesthetic conditions, it is only the enviroment they're forced to grow in that precipates subtle changes in their character like a set of twins growing in different enviroments.

The abundance will only grow, and I don't believe there are going to be any radical weather patterns that will effect the underground mycellium, unless it's a major earthquake that submerges georgia under the atlantic.

--------------------

Offlinerasjoe2112
Mr. Muscaria
 User Gallery

#4690488 - 09/21/05 04:03 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

the changes I am speaking of are the construction, progressive pollution/smog, new commuter traffic, the area is undergoing massive changes everyday.

If I had 3 inches of rain, my spots would hopefully explode, but, if they didnt, I could contribute it to the new developments, roads and offices nearby.

mark my words. these patches are not only products of enviroment, but fertilizer, and grass conditioning as well.

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
    #4690707 - 09/21/05 05:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I think I2ancid has a much better point.
This years weather has been very weird and thats no reason to jump to conclusions about Weilii completely disappearing. It seems to me as though the Weilii that were growing in August were actually the spring season Weilii. We never had a "spring season" and early august was very spring like. Then it got hotter outside and this month is almost like summer. So this year the seasons are like 2 months behind. But our trust worthy government tells us that global warming isnt effecting anything so no worries.  :wink: . I think that november will be the best month this year. just a guess though

--------------------
- J. Krishnamurti

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #4690754 - 09/21/05 05:21 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

No doubt and with a few weeks of steady rain we could have an abundant amount.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Weilii watchers unite! [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #4691595 - 09/21/05 08:29 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

rasjoe, I don't mean to call you out multiple times, i'm really just trying to understand the root of your ideologies. How would construction near-by and smog effect the growth of weilii? I don't think weilii have an archilies heal that renders the entire mycellium vulnerable to death on a massive level just because a few current weilii patches have been churned up by construction.

Weilii are not one big massive link of brain that is completely shut down when a patch gets polluted by human works. Each individual patch is its own seperate universe thriving and exploring as its own like us humans. Construction down the road won't effect a patch thats growing even right beside the construction.

Weilii are being spread at a phenomenal rate due to lawn mowers and the foresaid construction, marijuana tree's will grow more potent and stronger when wind is directed towards the plants creating microscopic tears which the tree adapts to and forms a stronger replacement for its foundation.

Anyways feel free to continue the debate, im just curious to disect your reasoning.

--------------------

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

#4691710 - 09/21/05 08:53 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

psssssst.... wanna hear a secrete? come closer......

closer......

closer!

Weilii haven't been growing because there hasn't been any rain.... yes....

yes....
now give me a back rub..... yes....

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #4691764 - 09/21/05 09:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hot48yearolds said:
I think I2ancid has a much better point.

Let's not pick sides now; every point in an argument is valid.

I think that there is no way to predict what will happen to the P. weilii population as a result of growing humam suburbs.
But if you ask me, i think that they will indeed grow in strength. Like Paul Staments mentions in his book, "Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World," the Psilocybe genre has a tendency to evolve in an advantageous direction, parallel to human evolution. Are domestic [suburban] Psilocybe weilii not more abundant than the woodland variety?

As far as predicting how this weilii season will go, this year has been too screwed up to make any reasonable predictions. The mega-thrust earthquake that literally shook Earth of it's axis (by ~3 degrees) and the resulting tsunami have completely screwed this entire year up, and possibly some of next year (we don't know for sure. All that we do know is that Earth is now back on it's normal course but the climate hasn't returned to normal yet).

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#4691947 - 09/21/05 09:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

lysergic, if the weather has indeed changed enough for the weilii to forfeit their desire to thrive then whether or not the weilii grow is the least of our concerns.

There is absolutely a way to predict the growth of weilii in human suburbs; unless suburbia becomes a metalic resemblance to the ice age weilii will continue to grow.

The rain will come and when it does, I've got $money down on the fact that they will explode and you, and everyone else is gonna be on here posting their massive finds.

I know 2 people right now who are watering their spots with hoses and collecting weilii. The rain is the only factor inhibiting weilii, and not only weilii, at this time their should be hundreds of random species of mushrooms thriving, none of which I've seen this year.

This is a drought, droughts happen, weilii are not dead, theyre not packing their bags and heading to tennesee and they will be out the next rain in massive numbers count my word.

--------------------

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#4691956 - 09/21/05 09:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

and by the way lysergic, you've also failed to explain your relation to rasjoes theory on smog and development factors disuading the growth of weilii in atlanta.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification