Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, DXM, Nitrous Oxide, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

What made you start using drugs? ..and questions of that sort.
    #4683683 - 09/19/05 10:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ok here are a few questions about starting drug use. I'm curiouse what gave you all the desire to try drugs for the first time, ect.

So here are a few questions:
What made you start doing drugs?
When you first started, did you plan on being a regular user?
Do you regret starting to use?
How long ago did you start?
What was the first drug you experimented with?

I'll go first. I first wanted to smoke weed because I had been told it was "1000 times better than being drunk". I had just started drinking at this point and really enjoyed it to an unhealthy extent. If weed was so much better, than I HAD to try it.

I planned on only smoking weed once, just to see what it was like, and then stopping after that.

I don't regret trying weed for the first time, but I'm sure my past self would be quite devistated, as I used to see people who smoked weed as wasting their lives.

I started about a year ago, maybe 11 months...too bad I forget the exact date :frown:.

And the first thing I tried was weed.

Sorry if a post similar to this has been made before...but I'm interested in seeing other peoples responses :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: What made you start using drugs? ..and questions of that sort. [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4683710 - 09/19/05 10:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

One week before I smoked pot for the first time, I saw Requiem for a Dream in the movie theaters and swore I would never do drugs.  The next weekend I went to some shitty school dance type thing, and afterwards met up with my friends who were a year older than me and went to different schools.  They smoked, and I didn't want any part of it. But that night, I dunno.  They made a bong out of a Mountain Dew bottle and I took huge bonghits, a lot of them. i don't know why. It just seemed like something I wanted to try. I'm glad I did.

Nah, I always swore it would be just once a month...then once a week...then twice a week...then :stoned: all day.

Hell no, we won't go.

That was November or December of 2000.

Marijuana, then shrooms, then ecstasy, then acid. (as far as the truly important ones go.)

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinederyl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Uncle Tom's
Re: What made you start using drugs? ..and questions of that sort. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4683726 - 09/19/05 10:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i mean, what the hell are drugs?

Edited by deryl (09/19/05 10:10 PM)

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: What made you start using drugs? ..and questions of that sort. [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4683730 - 09/19/05 10:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Are you doing a study, or what? :shiftyeyes:

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4683738 - 09/19/05 10:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Initially, peer pressure. It wasn't long before I did them because I like how they made me feel

No, not really. I suppose when you're 14 or so, you really don't think all that far into the future.

That depends. I've never regretted starting smoking weed or eating mushrooms, but I sure was sorry I took PCP!

About 20 years now. I started when Nancy Reagan was telling us to "just say no". I said yes. A lot.

Alcohol was my very first drug I took with the express purpose of getting a buzz.

Offlineivi
 User Gallery

#4683757 - 09/19/05 10:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Curiousity.

I didn't plan anything. And I don't consider myself a regular user of anything besides cigarettes, alcohol and mushrooms.

Yes. Nicotine addiction sucks. But that's the only drug I regret using.

I started smoking cigarettes in the 11th year of school, about the same time I got drunk for the first time. I tried weed for the first time shortly before my high school prom. Didn't try psychedelics until I was 20 or so.

If by experimented you mean experimenting in scientific context, then the answer is alcohol. Back in high school I used to measure time how much did it take for a given dose of alcohol to kick in, to reach the peak etc. :grin:

--------------------

Edited by ivi (09/19/05 10:39 PM)

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #4683762 - 09/19/05 10:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I did. I was exposed to it in many healthy ways. DARE amde me very curious as well.

I wasn't certain. I knew I wanted to experiment but I would've jumped ship if they hadn't been so freaking awesome.

No! Not one bit. Well, sometimes I think about all the things I could have done with my $$. Like Toilet, I have certainly had regrettable experiences with drugs.

8 years ago.

LSD

Offlineart
Stranger
Re: What made you start using drugs? ..and questions of that sort. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4683781 - 09/19/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i started doing drugs my sophmore year in highschool. I think i started smoking marijuana because i was pissed off at all of the bullshit that my teachers taught me.
I do not regret doing drugs.

Offlinenonick
Stranger

Re: What made you start using drugs? ..and questions of that sort. [Re: art]
    #4683876 - 09/19/05 10:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I participated in a debate about legalization of marijuana in high school. By doing research about it I learned that it was something i wanted to try.

I am not currently a regular user of any drug.

hell no.

4 and a half years

pot, then alcohol(i have no idea how people get into that drug), then i finally figured out that only entheogens were for me.

Invisiblefjbk47985
Has Been AbsentFor Far Too Long
Re: What made you start using drugs? ..and questions of that sort. [Re: nonick]
    #4683928 - 09/19/05 10:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

interesting thread:

-What made you start doing drugs?

i remember way back when: the first time i tried a drug it was pot, and i just decided at that point then and there to try it, i find it hard 2 believe that this kills anyone (having had a lil prior knowlege of pro's and con's of it).

i bought like a gram from a friend who rolled it for me. i took it home and smoked it quickly in the bathroom. didn't get high.

-When you first started, did you plan on being a regular user?

then i just started chilling with people who blazed in high skool..and by virtue of that i started to blaze a couple of times a week and got really high. once i figured out the trick 2 it i started to blaze proper.

now, i don't blaze because i feel as if though i've had my fun with it and there is no need too.

-Do you regret starting to use?

Not a dogdamned chance.

-How long ago did you start?

Many years ago...when i was in grade 10 or 9 i believe.

What was the first drug you experimented with? as stated in oneof the above segments: pot. then i think cigarettes, then a long time after that it was alcohol, then shrooms then e (stopped both of those many years ago), then salvia (also stopped...mostly due 2 cost issues).

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#4683931 - 09/19/05 10:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I started using recreational drugs in '97.

In high school, I was very much a nerd (still am, in many ways). I won math and chemistry contests and was on the chess team, but knew basically nothing about drugs.
But, I looked like a drug person. I had people come up to me in the hall and ask about pot, and I didn't know what the fuck they were talking about. I vaguely thought drugs and drug culture were cool, I guess, to the degree that I thought about them at all.

When I got to college, pretty much everyone assumed I was getting high already. A roommate asked me to borrow a bowl one night, and I was confused when he wouldn't take the blue plastic one I offered.
Eventually, a friend just came out and asked if I wanted to smoke weed, and I said "sure".

I suppose at that time I did plan on becoming a regular user.

A couple months later, (on April 20th), I came back from class and was offered a couple hits of acid. I took them without having the foggiest clue what to expect - that was a shock, let me tell you.

I don't regret using drugs. I'm a far happier person now than I was when I started, though much of that could just be maturity.
I suspect that my drug use changed my life substantially - I became interested in eastern mysticism, yoga, more recently organic gardening and the natural world in general - things that are really far from what I thought about in my pre-acid days.

Most significantly, I have a different attitude toward life. I used to feel my own difference and superiority in a very visceral fashion. Things justified this sense of difference in my mind - I could learn calculus without really trying, things seemed obvious to me that gave my teachers pause - I proved my first new theorem in 7th grade. I was better than other people, better than the whole world - and that's what mattered.
Really, the evidence I used in my mind to justify my mindset doesn't matter - it's a common sort of attitude, an attitude many Americans feel toward our brothers to the South, or toward many other aspects of nature.
My use of psychedelics brought this attitude to my awareness, and also helps me to see it's worthlessness. Being superior is worthless, because we are all part of the same system. The feeling of difference, the feeling that I am separate from and somehow better than the world around me is a hopeless and miserable attitude, because it makes me fight death. Or some such.
All I really know is that my approach to the world has changed dramatically since I started taking drugs, and that I am a far happier and (ironically) better person for it.

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

#4684007 - 09/19/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Everyone else talked about how great it was, so I just had to try.

I don't think I made any specific plans.

No, it has completely changed my way of thinking.

Fall of my sophomore year in high school, probably would have started earlier if given the chance.

I got drunk about 5 or 6 times, all at parties with marijuana smoking going on.  At first I said no, but I eventually decided to try it, although it didn't do anything.  I dropped the whole idea for a few months until a friend of mine (the one who I smoked with) showed me the movie The Trip that he had bought.  He told me that he wanted to try acid, and I told him that it would put holes in your brain.  I proceeded to look it up on Erowid, and found out that it wasn't so bad.  I had my brother get me some nug and mushrooms from a friend of his.  I smoked the nug and was baked out of my mind (very unpleasurable) but later that week I tried the mushrooms and it's been that way ever since.  (Though I have since recouperated from my bad weed experience. :wink:)

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: What made you start using drugs? ..and questions of that sort. [Re: nonick]
    #4684032 - 09/19/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It was 8th grade summer, I was working with an 18year old doing random work needed to open this gokart track near my house. Our boss went out to buy us lunch and the kid asked me "do you want to hammer those railroad ties in or smoke a bowl?" I didn't know what smoking a bowl was but I was sure I would rather be doing that than using a sledgehammer to bang railroad ties into cement. We proceded to smoke like four bowls my first time, I think he just wanted to laugh at me being real high, lol. Ended up loving it, and thats that.

Nah, I had no intentions of becoming a regular user.

Not once ever have I had an ounce of regret for starting my drug use (pot, acid, shrooms). Naturally as any of you who have done your fair share of drugs know there are some bad times. Getting arrested multiple times (normally alcohol is the one that gets me arrested though). Getting a little addicted to some pills, oxycottin among others. I regret pill use and will probably not ever touch another pill for recreational use, but other than that it's all gravy.

Five years ago right before high school started.

The first drug I experimented with was weed, followed quickly by acid, shrooms, pcp, extacsy, and all sorts of damn pills by the 10th grade, not counting alcohol that is. (I would advise people not taking drugs that early in life because chances are you will not use them appropriately). I wont ever touch PCP,E, or pills again...don't regret the experimentation with E or PCP though.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Re: What made you start using drugs? ..and questions of that sort. [Re: phi1618]
    #4684049 - 09/19/05 11:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

phi1618 said:
But, I looked like a drug person. I had people come up to me in the hall and ask about pot, and I didn't know what the fuck they were talking about. I vaguely thought drugs and drug culture were cool, I guess, to the degree that I thought about them at all.

I was always really interested in drugs. In elementary school my friends and I would play Beatles (I was Ringo,) and we would roll up grass and pretend to smoke it. I also used to pretend pixie sticks were drugs.

I think when I was younger I assumed I would try drugs when I got older, but when they showed us the DARE videos that showed how bad drugs were I was annoyed that they were too dangerous and I would never get to try them.

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
    #4685864 - 09/20/05 01:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'm thirty, and I smoked cannabis for the first time when I was eighteen (1993).

I had been in favor of drug legalization ever since I started listening to a local liberal talk radio program when I was around sixteen. I was in no hurry to use drugs, though, so my first time was magical. I was vacationing with the daughter of my mother's boyfriend and her female friend and they handed me a joint while I was in the backseat of the car. I smoked a bit of it and got the wonderful sensation of heat traveling up my legs to my groin along with a sense of euphoria. I didn't endure peer pressure and I most certainly got high the first time I smoked. I never became a heavy smoker. An eighth of weed typically lasts me a year, as I might smoke once every month or two when I'm home. (At music festivals, though, I'm a medium to heavy smoker.)

In my early twenties, I used DXM around twenty times. This was around the time that DXM use and discussion became popular on Usenet. My highest dose was 700 mg, and after that I started to get headaches after taking it, so I haven't used it for seven years or so.

When I was twenty-one, I acquired a dose of acid at a party. I held on to it for six years, waiting for the right time to take it. Finally, when I was twenty-seven, I cracked open the dose and tried acid for the first time with my girlfriend and our mutual friend. I absolutely adored it. Twenty-seven was my year for psychedelics. I also tried mushrooms for the first time. I tried foxy and a few other research chemicals.

At Bonnaroo last year I tried opium, nitrous oxide, and Xanax for the first time. Bonnaroo was also my year for combos, although there were too many drugs in the mix at once for anything but a muddled experience. This year was my first time for candy and hippie flipping. I love candy flipping. I also tried Klonopins for the first time this year. They go well with candy flipping followed by nitrous and live music in headphones in a comfortable tent with lots of blankets.

OfflineRandallFlagg
Learn to swim
Male

Loc: Ry'leh
    #9684808 - 01/26/09 09:35 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

My aunt introduced me to my first joint when I was 15.  I guess she wanted me to be the one to introduce me to the drug world since I was headed there anyway.  It really opened up my eyes to how many of my family members toked up, it was like they just came out of the woodwork after that.  Wasn't long till my uncle introduced me to cocaine.  I'm just pissed that I wasn't the one to hand my aunt's kids their first joint.  Maybe I'll just give them their first shroom trip :smile:

I planned on getting as high as I could, as many times as I could, as long as it was around.  I didn't plan on becoming a regular user, I strived to be a regular user.

Pot? No.  Acid? Yes.  I've had some acid trips that really changed my brain around for the worse.  Drug induced depression, feelings of insecurity around friends, loss of long and short term memory.  Sometimes I wonder how things could have been had I never touched the stuff.  Still, I think everything happens for a reason.  Without acid, I'd never know what it was like to lose my mind, and I'd never choose the profession that I'm going into now.

17 years ago.

BTW good questionaire!

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9684885 - 01/26/09 09:44 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

So here are a few questions:

Friends got me into it,

got myself into psychedelics,

my whole outlook on drugs has changed since I first tried LSD, in a VERY positive way.

Not at all.

The only thing I regret is the use of certain drugs (Ecstasy, Adderall) but that's behind me and not an issue any more. My memory is fucked. I can't take tests, and have a hard time reading some things, I forget what I'm reading very fast.

Two years?

Mary jih wanna

I'm strictly psychedelics now,

with weed every now and then.

No more pills or anything.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/26/09 09:47 PM)

OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: What made you start using drugs? ..and questions of that sort. [Re: pfxtc]
    #9684898 - 01/26/09 09:46 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Why do you regret your Ecstasy use?

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #9684957 - 01/26/09 09:54 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

In 8th grade, I knew a couple stoner kids.  I started reevaluating the whole "drugs are bad" spiel that had been fed to me by school.  I also knew that my mom had been a hippie back in the 60's.  Anyway, in High School, one of the stoner kids I knew from 8th grade offered to sell me some pot.  I had done some research on Erowid about pot, so I most of the shit I had heard about it was false.  I think it was probably around sophomore year that I began smoking regularly.  It wasn't until late in my senior year that I ventured beyond pot and tried ecstasy.  I got into psychedelics when I was in college.  As for regrets, I don't regret any of the drugs I've done, though I certainly wish I had been more responsible with some of them.  I've quit most drugs now.  I just drink and will occasionally do E when the opportunity arises.

--------------------

Offlinerossdaboss50
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9685017 - 01/26/09 10:09 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

my friends did so i thought it couldn't be that bad.

yes. yes i did.

never.

i have no idea. couple years.

weed. then alcohol. then shrooms. then acid. thats all ill ever need.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, DXM, Nitrous Oxide, Salvia

Community >> The Pub