Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Beef Jerky, Dehydrator, Dessicant, Silica Gel

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineready2go
Eternal

Loc: Up the street and around ...
What do u think? New dry box idea...
    #4682894 - 09/19/05 06:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

All these threads about drying your shrooms had me thinking. I do the fan for a day or two then take my mostly dry shrooms and put them in my desiccant chamber for another day or two.
Not that 3-4 days will kill me, but i thought that having one step like a food dehydrator would be great. EXCLUDING THE HEAT. even 95(low) on most dehydrators scares me because of the heat factor.

I've built this unit(cameras down will post pics when it's fixed or i but a new one), the idea is to create air flow with virtually no humidity to dry the shrooms. fan box and desiccant chamber all in one.

what do you think?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
Re: What do u think? New dry box idea... [Re: ready2go]
    #4683255 - 09/19/05 08:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

why not just make a larger desiccant chamber... damp aid is so cheap, and its a one step shop. drop em in there for a few days, take em out and enjoy... the box looks great but seems a bit unncessary for such a minor step of the cultivation process. :smile: just my 2cents, im a complete noob who hasnt even birthed his first set of jars yet... so dont take my comments to serious

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Offlineevolmachine
Wandering Star
Re: What do u think? New dry box idea... [Re: PookztA]
    #4683321 - 09/19/05 08:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Or try Alton Brown's (Food network's Good Eats show) method for a food dehydrator. Use a box fan, put a cheapy a/c filter over it, put your mushrooms on the a/c filter, then put another filter on top of that, sandwhiching the shrooms inbetween filters. The box fan blows the air through the filters and across your shrooms, drying them in about a day or two. He was doing it with beef strips to make jerky, I don't see why it wouldn't work with mushy's. You could possibly add desiccant on a separate layer of a/c filters for added drying ability.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What do u think? New dry box idea... [Re: evolmachine]
    #4684523 - 09/20/05 12:37 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

don't add a desiccant like damprid to those a/c filters, it will drip all over everything (damprid dissolves itself from the water it absorbs). A desiccant like drieright or silica gel would not have this problem. But at that, using dessicants to dry all the air in a room is not a very good use of desiccant.

I'd just fan dry like you say, then finish in a desiccant box.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlineready2go
Eternal

Loc: Up the street and around ...
Re: What do u think? New dry box idea... [Re: mycofile]
    #4685300 - 09/20/05 07:09 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well like i said this is a one stop box from fresh to dry in 24-48 hrs fan box, and desicant chamber all in one..... I'll let you know how it works out i put abot 200g wet in there last night and i'll chk it out this evening to get a better idea on how well its working and we'll let you know.
If it works it won't be a waist. the nice thing bout it is that my boss is on vacation and i made it durring the work day with scrap plywood. Got paid for making it and it didn't cost anything. Really can't beat it exspecially if it works as well as i think it will

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Beef Jerky, Dehydrator, Dessicant, Silica Gel

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation