Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
when tripping on shrooms does anyone experience a tense back/neck ?
    #4681347 - 09/19/05 12:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

last night i tripped on some pink buffalo's i took 1 full tiny mushroom a medium and a large stem ... it started pretty good sorta tense.. but the back of my neck to the back of my head was sorta tense like paranoia also some tense muscles in the back... it kept feeling like i was gonna get a headache... does anyone else experience this? did i not take enough or did take to many?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

Loc: MEXICO-Mushroom Capital
Re: when tripping on shrooms does anyone experience a tense back/neck ? [Re: tony8404]
    #4681362 - 09/19/05 12:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i don't think this is a mater of dose.
i don't feel pain ever when tripping. Maybe you have to find out if you were tense before taking the shroom. Anyway, did you actually tripped? why are you asking if you took enough... u should know.

--------------------
+'this' reality is the one i like the most+

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: when tripping on shrooms does anyone experience a tense back/neck ? [Re: AngeloWish]
    #4681370 - 09/19/05 12:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i did tripp just wondering if maybe i should have taken more.. the visuals were not that intense but i was seeing traces... the body high was there but came and went a couple times ... i have tripped before were everything was moving thats what im looking for i love visuals... i want to tripp again today but not sure if i should take twice as much this time or just wait... any thoughts?

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: when tripping on shrooms does anyone experience a tense back/neck ? [Re: tony8404]
    #4681448 - 09/19/05 12:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've had the same experience and it was suggested that the physical tension was a manifestation of some inner stress/conflict. It sounds like you're just looking for fun and not so much insight by using mushrooms. If that's what you expect to happen every time, you might soon be disappointed. A lot of people say that the mushrooms are gonna do what needs to be done no matter what you expect out of the trip and I tend to agree.

My advice would be to go into it without expectations, especially if you're tripping alone. It could very well not go the way that you are expecting and then make you not have a very good time should you try to fight it. You have to be able to accept whatever comes and go with it. You can try changing the trip by changing your setting and hopefully that will work because it has for many people here.

As far as dosage, they say to double it for a next day trip to have the same level as the night before, but I have no first-hand experience with this.

Be careful and have fun!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: when tripping on shrooms does anyone experience a tense back/neck ? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4681599 - 09/19/05 01:29 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

thank you that makes sense... i was doing that

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
    #4682129 - 09/19/05 03:34 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i never get this, but i ALWAYS get the speedy feeling at the end of the trip and also the next morning my brain feels like mash potatoes.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineSherman901
Stranger
Re: when tripping on shrooms does anyone experience a tense back/neck ? [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4682141 - 09/19/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I get leg cramps sometimes and some cramps in my back area. It's wierd.

--------------------
Strangers passing in the street by chance two seperate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young 2006

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4682155 - 09/19/05 03:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Some people just don't notice back pain until they trip.

Sounds like you could use a massage, or a good yoga class.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: when tripping on shrooms does anyone experience a tense back/neck ? [Re: Rose]
    #4682339 - 09/19/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with schapper mostly, but i think that if you are interested primarily in visuals, then shrooms are not the drug for you.
But yeah, the tenseness is probably stress related.
Next time you trip, try night tripping, as day trips are usually very stressful (if you're a day person).
Also, you could try taking a muscle relaxer, or a pain killer even. Just be careful because adding in other drugs to the mix will change the trip acutely.
Heat is also a factor when dealing with muscles. The body's ability to control temperature is hindered (but not completely compromised) by Psilocin, so tripping in a warm environment may help your problem.

Good Luck,  :thumbup:
and Happy Shrooming!  :mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience