Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Loc: Limbo
Another clip about kids on pot (shorter than the last)
    #4681199 - 09/19/05 11:02 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

get a load of this one: http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-au/v.htm?g=4ad9466a-3ae6-4ba1-9d53-77d408ed4825&f=copy

I really don't think kids should smoke dope, until like 18 or so, but I think most of this shit is complete BS.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Re: Another clip about kids on pot (shorter than the last) [Re: drloomis82]
    #4681203 - 09/19/05 11:05 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Holy shit, I just got further in this clip and the "doctor" says "I would much rather have a teenager hooked on heroin than skunk... skunk is the most dangerous drug on the street today..."

What the fuck is she smoking??

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

#4681712 - 09/19/05 01:57 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

That's complete bullshit! Why doesnt she just try the stuff and see that there's really nothing to it?
The only reason the damn "drug" is illegal is politics and money. Then over years of the government feeding lies to the country, the public attitude has changed and its all based on complete bullshit like this.

--------------------
----------
"You will never understand what reality truly is untill you first decide to open your eyes to see that it exists."
-Ancient Traveler

"There he goes...One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
-Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Offlinemcchieftan
Part man, part mushroom
 User Gallery

#4681736 - 09/19/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

oh.my.god. searchin the forum for the other one now...

out of interest...wut kinda % of people here are american??

Quite frankly thats damn scary...if nothing else, the way its put together (esp the presenter...Gateway theory: now our children aren't rats but this is teenagers and an insidious drug were talking about...) screams propaganda to me! And I don't really know that kids story but it seems 2 me a lot like he fucked up (in his pursuit of the life he wanted) and was presented with rather an easy way out...oh it was the weeds fault not mine...maye it doesn't even go that far...maybe the kid really did want to smoke weed or w/e but his life-image was so defined by his parents that he couldnt continue his rebellion??

Also what would most of u define as heavy use? If I'm honest...I've been smoking since i was 12 or 13 and I'm nineteen now certainly in the last 2 or 3 years there hasnt been much more cumulatively than a few weeks or a month or two where i havent smoked.. And not 2 joints a day "heavy user" (I am in UK, there was an article here that said heavy cannabis use was 5 joints a week +) more like 5-10...I'm not tryna claim to be any more hardcore or anything (and I have cut down lately...honest :laugh:) but if this guy was trippin after 2 js a day for 6 months? He either got a v diff metabolism or super weed or something!

I'm sure most of u no/have read this but...for anyone (esp an American) who feels they wanna know more of the drug situation(politics, laws, history, philosophy) TiHKAL by Alexander Shulgin I found to be supremely enlightening......makes u realise drugs arent some wonder cause in a moral or social sense...its just the politics of power n money as per usual...

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
    #4681756 - 09/19/05 02:08 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Ummmmmmm maybe this kid had problems before he started toking, this is crazy!!! Ive seen people go into cunvulsions after doing rail after rail of coke, I have been in I dont know how many smoke sesions and noone OD's......

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4681876 - 09/19/05 02:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

That was one of the more retarded things i've ever seen. I like how they interviewed all kinds of anti-drug scientists, but when it came to support of cannabis, they interviewed random growers in amsterdam. not to mention the scenes of amsterdam showing this outrageous deviant behavior like cross-dressing and partying- what reefer madness! They didn't mention the important new finding that cannabinoids actually have anti-oxidant effects on the brain and protect the brain! Also, the gateway theory of rats thing was retarded. If they got the rats to consume mj, and then they got those rats to consume cocaine later in life, how does that prove that it was the mj use?! In other words how do they know that the self-administration of the second drug depended on the self-administration of the second one. And cannabis is worse than heroin- right. That is pure outrage. And there is no proof that pot is "30-40x" more potent than it was back in the day. There have been potent hybrids since the 60s, and i would argue that more potent weed is better because it doesn't require one to smoke so much vegetative matter wherein the carcinogens lie. All in all this was an idiotic program. Thanks for the good laugh!

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
    #4681887 - 09/19/05 02:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

ahahah . i cant beleive they said that just because those rats tried pot it made them want heroin.

"young rats exposed to cannabis developed and appetite for other drugs. its called the gateway theory."

i mean how does that work? their rats. how do they even know there are other drugs out there?

where is this from australia?

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?
 Arcade Champion: Maeda Line, Moon Patrol

Loc: Nowhere fast
Re: Another clip about kids on pot (shorter than the last) [Re: nycomyco]
    #4681900 - 09/19/05 02:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Using a vaporizer, one is "required" to smoke even less vegetative matter. Supposing marijuana was legal, I'd bet that'd be the preferred method of smoking among concerned users. Also, that'd mean less of the plant consumed per session, thus less money spent on it.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Another clip about kids on pot (shorter than the last) [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4682003 - 09/19/05 03:12 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i smoke pot moderately and hardly study and i just made a 91 on my statistics test.... in fact i even knew that i was impaired because i had to double check my math on account of my perceptions being slightly slightly altered due to residual weed effects..... and i was like "i don't know if i got these right" but i got ALL OF THEM RIGHT, every single one..... the only things that tripped me up were a few multiple choice questions.

i'd like someone to explain how weed makes you stupid unless you're A STUPID PERSON before you start taking it.

it's not the fucking drug, it's the people that use it... you can easily use weed to hide away from reality forever in a sort of stupid altered state that will completely destroy your brain for a long long time until you get your shit together, quit abusing it, and start trying to think about things again.

but fuck all if weed doesn't help SOME people who use RESPONDIBLY be more EFFICIENT in operating their brains! sure sure you read a little slower when you're stoned, you forget some things.... but you can pay hyper attention to lectures, take notes at insanely fast speeds..... and access all that pent up creativity.

weed may have made my typing skills slightly dyslexic ... and if you use it daily you won't have good reaction speeds, but fuck if it hasn't taught me a hell of a lot about the world, myself.... and it sure isn't hurting my studies (perhaps on the contrary)

those idiots need to be wiped off the earth. I say that out of complete neutrality because I'd love for them to see the right side of weed, and to get their acts together and just spread some love and tolerance. But we cannot let this kind of stuff pass... we cannot let propoganda out like this.... stupid people shouldn't do drugs. And what's worse, stupid people shouldn't be the ones who make the laws about drugs becasue they don't understand what they are getting themselves into.

They aren't "stupid" as much as just ignorant... and I don't want to be hating on them or anything.... but .... fuck.... this stuff is killing our nation... its killing more than 15 milion americans who suffer from these laws..... if everyone used weed like smart people use weed ..... it would be a better world.

show me one fucking good thing alcohol does for you other than help you make a fool of yourself in front of girls. Weed teaches you how to go into your mind. Weed helps you remember childhood events that are long forgotten.... weed helps people ease chronic muscle pain.... weed helps you reach a near jihanic state where you can semi-lose ego [i shouldn't have said completely, i haven't really gone completely there] and morph into what you are doing (guitar playing, or simply feel yourself merge with a chair you are sitting in) ....

weed helps you be a nicer person to people.

but weed is not a mean to an ends itself, it's just a stepping stone to get there.... it needs to be used somewhat moderately and if you are noticing cognitive defects from blazing too much, you just need to stop for a few days to a week until you freshen up, then go at it again lightly.

don't fucking tell us that we need to be in jail because we're living our lives more spiritually and open minded than you. it's just persecution.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (09/19/05 03:19 PM)

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Re: Another clip about kids on pot (shorter than the last) [Re: leery11]
    #4682025 - 09/19/05 03:16 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, man. It's complete BS; it's all in how you let it affect you. I graduated from a good college in New England with a 3.54 GPA and I toked (almost) every single day and, in the course of the four years, tripped balls on 'shrooms about 40 times and acid three times. Drugs don't make you stupid; it's just often used as an excuse for poor performance.

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#4682232 - 09/19/05 03:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It won't let me watch it using firefox - what a gyp.

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Another clip about kids on pot (shorter than the last) [Re: phi1618]
    #4682816 - 09/19/05 06:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

^yeah same here^

--------------------
:goose:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Community >> The Pub