Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
First Innoculations (4pics)
    #467998 - 11/24/01 12:16 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It's been 7 days after I first innoculated 3 jars. Two of the three are growing happily and the other seems to be just growing slowly.

One of the jars is growing acceptionally fast compared to the other two, but I just noticed today some yellow spots (jar on the right in the first pic). I used a slightly higher water/rice mixture in this particular jar (max fruiting on PF tek). I only see the spots on this jar. Is this a sign of too much moisture? Is the jar doomed?

I'm including a few pics of both the jars.

Thanks guys! :)

(This is a re-post.. I'm moving it from the "Mushroom Pictures" forum because nobody seems to go in there... Would be nice if you could just move a post to another forum.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
Re: First Innoculations (4pics) [Re: FreakShow]
    #467999 - 11/24/01 12:17 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks xxMushroomheadxx,

I'll keep a watch on it and will definately wipe off any additional water on it's birthday. Glad to hear it's not a major problem since I only have the three jars total right now. Kind of weird to think that that white stuff is actually a living organism and is actually exreting waste. Yeah, the little buggers are growing like mad now, seems like a lot of growth for only having innoculated one hole in each jar after a 7 day period compared to some of the other posts I've seen. Wondering if this strain colonizes particularly fast.

The strain for all three jars is cambodian. I picked up the spores at a local head shop for $20. I was originally a bit concerned because the spores came on a cotton swab, but looks as if the sterilization of the jars and the creation of my own syringe from the swab was a success. Must be beginners luck.

Actually, just ordered 2 spore syringes and 1 print from sporeworks last night. I ordered one of Porto Rican, one Treasure Coast, and the print is Equador. Can't wait to get those and start some new jars.

I also just got the terrarium setup yesterday and so far looks ok. Running into a similar problem I saw posted yesterday about a lizard cage type humidity guage only going to about 85-90%. Not sure if the guage is messed up or the humidity is really that level. Looks pretty humid though, there's condensation all over the sides and it's really hazy to look through (clear plastic).

Thanks again! :)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck