Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInnominate
Male

Tripping problems.
    #4678850 - 09/18/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It seems that whenever I eat shrooms or acid or whatever my muscles always want to strech. I can't think of a word for it, but I can never relax. I always bite down on things and become jittery. Is there anyway to prevent that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Tripping problems. [Re: Innominate]
    #4678933 - 09/18/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, simply relax.  It does sound like you are a little uptight in your trips.  Breath deep, in and out, establish a rhythem and a pattern in your breath.  Just be for awhile.  Lay down on your back and imagine your body as melted wax.  Let it flow, become a river. 

I get muscle discomfort too when I'm tripping.  The muscles can get tense and then ache a bit.  Loosening every muscle in an elongated breath of relaxation helps.  Focusing on that gentle, cleansing breath helps.  Becoming a non-physical entity helps.  :wink:

If you get "mouthy" when you're tripping and like to chew on stuff or move your jaw around, just use gum. 

Good luck.  :heart:

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Tripping problems. [Re: MOTH]
    #4679382 - 09/18/05 08:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Like EllemyShade said, gum is definitely good if you're having trouble chewing the insides of your mouth on a trip. Just make sure not to swallow it!

I find that exercising before or even during a trip helps takes the edge off the jitteryness and anxiety. You don't have to kill yourself or anything, just run a few laps around the neighborhood until you have a good sweat going on, and you have that warm tingling feeling in your legs.

The first time I dosed shrooms fresh off of my cakes I was having a TERRIBLE time. I just didn't know what I should be doing and I felt like I was wasting my day. Eventually I came to the conclusion that I needed to be outside, so I took my dog and ran around in a field with her for almost an hour nonstop on a beautiful summer saturday morning. That turned into one of the happiest, and most content trips I've ever taken.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Tripping problems. [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4679446 - 09/18/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WillieTomg said:
Like EllemyShade said, gum is definitely good if you're having trouble chewing the insides of your mouth on a trip. Just make sure not to swallow it!

I find that exercising before or even during a trip helps takes the edge off the jitteryness and anxiety. You don't have to kill yourself or anything, just run a few laps around the neighborhood until you have a good sweat going on, and you have that warm tingling feeling in your legs.

The first time I dosed shrooms fresh off of my cakes I was having a TERRIBLE time. I just didn't know what I should be doing and I felt like I was wasting my day. Eventually I came to the conclusion that I needed to be outside, so I took my dog and ran around in a field with her for almost an hour nonstop on a beautiful summer saturday morning. That turned into one of the happiest, and most content trips I've ever taken.

Good advice on both counts. I love taking an invigorated hike before and even while coming up on shrooms. It releases all that excess energy.

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

#4679910 - 09/18/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yea, I usually feel physically uncomfortable while tripping at first, but then I realize I should get off my ass and go outside, and I relax.

On my last trip I was laying on my back in bed, staring at the ceiling, and just thinking/hallucinating. After doing that and feeling shitty and confused for about 2 hours, I got up and went in the backyard and smoked a couple bowls, started drawing, relaxing, and so on. The key lies in a comfortable setting, which usually lies outside.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Tripping problems. [Re: NickSoapdish]
    #4679931 - 09/18/05 11:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

anyone yawn like crazy when they shroom?

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

Re: Tripping problems. [Re: coda]
    #4679958 - 09/18/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yes. And when I do it makes me trip extra hard for the duration of the yawn, even after I start coming down. I wonder what causes that

--------------------

Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
Re: Tripping problems. [Re: NickSoapdish]
    #4682514 - 09/19/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i yawn tons coming up. i feel kinda energized and sped a little but also really tired and like i really need to sleep. its pretty uncomfortable and restless

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Tripping problems. [Re: extinguishment]
    #4687896 - 09/20/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i think the yawning has to do with your brain needing more oxygen than usual. i'm not sure if this is true, but it would make sense. i always feel like my brain is experiencing heightened activity, and i figure that different parts of the brain might require more oxygen as this happens. just a theory really.

as for being restless and your muscles wanting to stretch... stretch em! give yourself a 10-15 minute yoga session while you come up. it feels great!

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Tripping problems. [Re: entiformatie]
    #4688448 - 09/20/05 11:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

entiformatie said:
as for being restless and your muscles wanting to stretch... stretch em! give yourself a 10-15 minute yoga session while you come up. it feels great!

At least 10-15 minutes. Sometimes I spend an hour after I eat them stretching, jumping, dancing, whatever.

It helps take the focus away from coming up, it helps expend extra energy, and it gets your body ready to relax.

Yoga during the peak (so long as you aren't eating more than 1/8, so you still have a body you can use) can be AMAZING. Your body feels great, and I disctincly feel like the mushrooms -or my higher self- approve of what I'm doing.

--------------------
:mallow:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #4690120 - 09/21/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

heh, i took before a yoga class on campus here once... one of the better acid experiences :-)

focusing on the moment, through your body, and through your mind, can totally intensify your experiences with hallucinogens. you can go much deeper than you think you can, by learning to cultivate your awareness and focus.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies