Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People)
    #4672667 - 09/17/05 01:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

first of all let me tell everyone about my experience. i just started my first grow ever. i have 6 colonized jars of Cubensis PESA. they went into the terrarium today. i had 10 jars but 4 somehow got cobweb mold, those 4 were innocu. with a liquid culture i made from the PESA spores. so my liquid culture skills suck so far. anyways, my first real trip was only 1 month ago. i had eaten shrooms beofre but only about 1-2 dried grams. i had about 5-6 grams a month ago. my friend told me they were PES Amazon (PESA right?). i loved the trip so much i ordered some PESA from sporeworks.com. i started the basic pf tek cept i used whole wheat flour instead of BR flour. 1cc per jar etc. well in the next few days i started picking some tomatoes from a neighbor's yard. (they allowed me to do it, i'm no DAMN TOMATO THIEF)
i noticed a few tomatoes we half rotted on the vines and had fuzzy white growth coming off of the splits in the skin of the fruit. well a few pieces fell onto the soil and started to spread a lil. ( a tiny piece fell, size of a bb.) a single mushroom grew from this while the growth on the tomatoes died. i decided, "hey a new mushroom to try to grow", as a novelty kinda like my first wild mushroom , spore print, spore syringe, etc. the mushroom was small and a mixture of grayish/browinsh streaks on the cap and a light grayish semi transparent stem. about 1 1/2 inches tall and a cap of about 2/3 inches in diameter. it resembles a panaeolus subbalteatus. cept i believe those are dung loving?? this grew on rotting tomatoes and plain garden soil. this didnt seem to have a belted cap. when the stem was broken it turned a bluish-green after about 1-2 mins then after about 5 mins later the bluish-green had turned to a teal green color. the spore print was black. (couldnt see any other tones such as bluish or purplish just seemed "black"). i used half the print to make a single 3cc spore syringe.

as i'm writing this i am steam sterilizing a single 1/2 pint kerr jar of 2/3 cup verm, 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons milled flax seed, and 1/4 cup of water. with the 1 inch dry verm on top layer in jar. boiling for 45 mins. after it cools over nite i will inoculate the jar with 1 cc of the spore syringe. if someone credible enough wants a 3cc syringe i'd be willing to send them it or half of the remaining spore print (1/4 of the print cuz 1/2 is used already). but roger rabbit gets the first chance as it'd be an honor if he would take a crack at growing these so they can be further studied or identified atleast. anyways i'll keep this thread going as the jar (soon to be 3 jars) progress. if this project works i'll make a print from every cap that grows and if it is of interest to people once its been either identified or declared a new mushroom (hopefully its a psychoactive one) i'll distribute it to the proper people so it can be publicly available. more people should collect wild mushrooms because there are SOOOOO many cubensis variations , azurescens have a few variations avaible on the net, but mushrooms such as gymnopilus and panaelous usually only have 1 variation available. i honestly believe this to be a panaeolus subbalteatus however a distinctly different variety. i'll include a pic i found of subbalteatus that "almost" once again almost looks like the shroom i found.

thanks for reading this.
any comments are greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #4672761 - 09/17/05 01:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup:
:stoned:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #4673131 - 09/17/05 05:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'd love to give them a shot myself! Hopefully, they are an active species. I would take some pics if you have a successful grow and post in the hunting forum for identification. You have many trained eyes around here! GL Grimocin :thumbup:  You have been rated.

P.S. Break your paragraphs up a little smaller.  :smirk:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleAlienZulu
abducted

Loc: standing by
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: FooMan]
    #4673203 - 09/17/05 07:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if you found them growing on rotting tomatoes why do you think they will do well with whole wheat flour?

also
could be manure in the soil... just thinking out loud really

you should ask in the hunting forum and see if someone there can identify those for you

good luck

--------------------

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: AlienZulu]
    #4673379 - 09/17/05 08:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

check my wild grow(dont mean to highjack your thread)But these came from a wild print BRF spawned to horse poo

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: mskip23]
    #4673440 - 09/17/05 09:12 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

most likely some sort of pooh or compost in the garden soil. This would manke for a good environment for most species of mushroom, if other conditions are right. Looks like fun mang, let us know how it turns out. I seriously doubt that there is such a thing as tomato loving mushrooms that only grow on rotting tomatoes, they just got lucky.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Offlinemileso
MO in TO

#4673705 - 09/17/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Brother you have a Panaeolus subbalteatus growing there and they are active.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: mileso]
    #4673721 - 09/17/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

He said they looked similar to the pic shown. The pic wasn't of what he actually found.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: mileso]
    #4673727 - 09/17/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

oops

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: FooMan]
    #4674868 - 09/17/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

look at the lowest shrrom in the pic, the shortest one. thats almost exactly what it looked like except it didnt have the darker ring on the edge of the cap, the whole cap was the darker color, and once again the stem bruised a bluish-green (mostly green in color) which slowly turned to a teal green color.

my biggest thing is it probably is a subbalteatus , however look how many variations of cubensis there are PESA, EQ, GT, PE etc, maybe i just have a different variation of the common subbalteatus, however i'm hoping this will grow in a verm/wwf jar. i asked my neighbor what soil he used and he said Schultz Potting Soil (fertilizers pre-added), AND this amazes me, he sprayed anti-fungal/miteacide weekly. he said he used this because he found amanita's growing in the garden and didnt want his younger children to accidentally eat them. i've seen many pics of subbalteatus that resemble my shroom however every spore bank i go to has the common brown with darker brown ring on the cap subbalteatus, i've never seen a grey subb on any spore sites.

this is to alienzulu, i dont think/know they will grow well on wheat flour, but at this time i'm still a beginner and i'm taking a crack at growing them, the mycelium should do well on verm/wheat flour/milled flax seed. i'll probably try to get some sterilized poo or compost for fruiting them.

well the jar was inoculated about 3 hours ago. so now only time will tell if it will grow. i have half the spore print left (pic attached).

this is to FooManShroom
if you want i can either prepare a 3cc syringe (sorry but a 10cc syringe would have taken the whole print), or i can scrape some spores into a clean baggie and send them so you can add water and make your own syringe. these spores seem to like to clinge to the baggie or glass cup when i make syringes from it. however i believe if you can see a few flecks of spores then the water is filled with spores correct? cuz from what i know spores cant be seen with the naked eye cept when they are clumped together in clusters of the hundreds. anyways PM me a msg if you want to have a go at it.

i WILL put pictures in the hunting forum if and when they grow.
i'm willing to give out a syringe to foomanshroom and one other person who has alot of growing expierence, hoping maybe this mushroom which i've only seen in my state once will live on somehow even if it isnt an active mushroom.

here are 2 pics

this is the print in its baggie and the 3cc syringe.

this is the same pic but with a penny next to the print for size comparision.

as you can see in the pics half of the print has been used
1/4 of it in a LC attempt. (its growing but SLOOOOWLY)
1/4 in the 3cc syringe thats next to the print.

all the responses were greatly appreciated.
keep'em coming!
and thanks for the rating FooManShroom!!

10-4 Over and Out!

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Edited by Grimocin (09/17/05 07:35 PM)

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4678122 - 09/18/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well i'm just bumping my own post lol
*bump*

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4678260 - 09/18/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ok tommorow i will be sending out the rest of my dearly loved print.
the 2 people i have trusted with the job of cultivating this mushroom are FooManShroom and WorkMan, both are very well respected members of the Shroomery. hopefully they will both have success with these spores.

i'm hoping my lone jar will have success. i'm going to make 2 more jars today and finish using the last 2cc's of spore water i have. the lone jar is being kept at a steady 80 degrees. in 3-5 days i will post whether or not any growth has started. for now its the waiting game i guess. on a more cheerful note, my next 6 jars of PESA have started growing, no contams yet, and the first 6 jars are showing signs of pinning in there terrarium using a 4 watt mini-flourescent night lite.

i also have spores from a small white mushroom that had a pink tint on the center of its cap. the print came out pinkish orangish color. very light spore deposit. i will be sending part of this print to WorkMan to see if he can maybe identify it. i'll also start a single jar of it to see if it grows in the pf-tek environment. i'm starting to understand the joys of mycology for reasons other than psilocybin mushroom culture!!!!

anyways here's a few pics

this is the pink print. sorry but i have to use a webcam for my pics

this is another pic of the mystery print , just a closer look.

and lastly is a crappy pic of my mystery spore LC attempt.
the water is cloudy and there are many flecks of spores with white mycelium growing, but they dont seem to want to stick together and form the normal "ball of mycelium" like my PESA LC did.

i'll post pics of the mystery jar's growth when it starts.

and remember, make spore prints of every interesting shroom ya find cuz it maybe be the last time you ever see it in the wild. kinda like the tak mountain cube or the p. tampensis.

i'll keep this as updated as possible.

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4689333 - 09/21/05 06:59 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

*bump* so more people will see the update post.

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4689360 - 09/21/05 07:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ok here's a pic of the first growth on the test jar.
it looks like cobweb mold to me, but i've been told Panaeolus mycelium is very fine strands and is also VERY fragile. so i'mma have patience with this jar and see if it starts to spread TOO fast, too fast ='s mold right? anyways here's the best update pics i can provide at this time.

i plan on getting a decent digi-cam in the near future.
for now i'll have to take my pics with my cheap $30 Veo Webcam.

if anyone has grown a panaeolus species before please post with some characteristics of its mycelium.

as always, any feedback is appreciated.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4690855 - 09/21/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Pan myc can be confused by the inexperienced, but definatly does not look like cobweb when you know what both look like..it can look contaminated at points though..after letting it go you can see though. Your pics are hard to tell anything from, and I cant seem to find any pictures of pan myc but it could look very different and more like cobweb or something..time will tell if better pictures dont.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinemushisgood_420
Stranger
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4690879 - 09/21/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I thought pan cyan had almost a graish color? and was really rhizomic? cobweb like in my opinion... b/w/e

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: mushisgood_420]
    #4690913 - 09/21/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is pan cyan myc after spawned to poo and cased:

Far from gray and wispy.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mystery Mushroom - First Attempted Cultivation (Success = Free Spore Prints for 5 Lucky People) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4693925 - 09/22/05 04:12 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ok in these pics you'll be able to tell its spread some, cept its spreading slowly. i'd expect cobweb mold to grow much more quickly. anyways here's the pics i just took, once again sorry for the poor quality cuz they are webcam pics, but i'm planning on borrowing a friends 4 Megapixel digital camera in the next few days.

seems my attempt at growing this spore sample might be a disaster however, Workman and FooManShroom have both been sent samples of the spores. I'm sure these 2 experts will have better resources to try to cultivate this mushroom.

anyways hope these new pics help people to give me some feedback.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4693940 - 09/22/05 04:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Im hesitant to say with those pictures...I saved them and zoomed them in..my thoughts as of now, are they look like they could go either way from the small pics. When zoomed in, number 2 resembles cobweb alot, and number 3 resembles mycelium a little. In 1 and 4 in looks like there is mycelium to the upper right, but possible cobweb growing as well. In the top picture, I see light growth spreading far out from the dark white, all around the bottom and to the left of the dense white. Its very very light..see if that is the case of the jars. I'd also assume, that picture 3 is a closeup of the upper right, and picture 2 is of the more left side (not the brighter white area). Better pictures and more time will help...it does look like contamination though, along with possibly the mushroom mycelium.

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4693985 - 09/22/05 05:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the quick reply.

well out of 4 innoc. points, this is the only one with ANY growth.

i'm going to start a jar right now using some the LC i started with some of the spores.

i'mma let the current jar incubate for another day. if it spreads too much , then we'll all know what it is... cobweb mold.

anyways here's a pic of my new MINI-JAR tek.
uses a 4oz ziplock brand container.

Substrate was whote wheat flour, vermiculite, distilled water.
Microwaved it for 5mins , let set for 5 mins, then renuked for 5 more mins.

Allowed to cool overnight in the microwave.

then innoc. with 1/2 cc of PESA spores. 1/8cc per side.

Innoc date = sept 11th 2005

Todays date sept 22nd 2005

Total time = 11 days.

fast colonization , i use this lil cakes to fruit 1 flush of small shrooms, then i make the cake into tea using a coffee maker. myc tea gets me tripping everytime lol.

thanks for the replies scatmanrav, i'll rate ya

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag